New Cows

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Ye Olde Republic wrote: ... Rocko has posed an interesting question about a legality issue
Well, perhaps because few of us are lawyers with extensive knowledge of intellectual property issues...but when has that ever stopped me?

I would guess that since the BF designs essentially take the TLC horse and dog designs and modify them that if TLC made their own, BF would have a hard time claiming copyright infringement. Even if they could theoretically assert such a claim I cannot see how they could pursue it with any hope of victory. TLC no doubt has a legal department that operates on a budget many times that of BF. Pursuing such a claim would be too costly and the outcome not certain.

As it is I'm happy to continue to buy BF's excellent products and give the mini-duplo cows to my small children. :)
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

The Brick Forge cows are the result of "filling in the gap" which Brick Forge excels at doing. They wouldn't seek any legal action for 2 reasons. One, they are fans of Lego first and foremost, and Two, they are there to enhance the creativity experience that Lego gives. I imagine the reason that the cows seem so different from the horses is because of a previously mentioned change in the designers. My personal belief though is that the designers are guilty of the same thing I suffer from. It's called the "Now what was I gonna do next?" syndrome. :wink: I just think the idea kept getting over looked. Luckily, Brick Forge was there to "fill in the gap" :wink:
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!