Cow Pack

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Cow Pack

Post by architect »

Dear LEGO Direct marketing gurus,

Please take note that the Medieval Market Village has remained in the top 25 sellers on Shop at Home for some time now. Clearly fans, kids, and parents really like Lego cows. We forgive you for not making these twenty years ago ;)

So once you have made a tidy profit from the initial cow sets, please make a blister pack of cows for us. Yes we realize these animals are individually bagged and produced in China and may not readily be on hand. If the price is reasonable (say 3-4 cows for a 13.99 blister pack) we will certainly purchase many sets. Thanks.

Ben Ellermann
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Maybe a mixed farm animals? Horses, cows, pigs, sheep and goats? I guess if one just wants cows it would be nice but other animals would be nice to me as well.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Absolutely, a great idea.

If i'm going to be having a war between the monkeys in my collection and the cows then i'll certainly be needing more cattle. :wink:
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

China..gag
Domino Gloria!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

timber_wolf899 wrote:China..gag
If the elements are produced with proper supervision by TLG, I do not mind. It makes sense to produce animals and creatures which need to be assembled in countries with lower production costs. Other bagged elements like t-rex heads (dino attack), jester hats, and trolls are also likely made in China. Please keep this topic on cows or start another one on elements produced in China. Thanks.

Ben
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Heck yeah. A cow "battle pack" would rock. But I'm totally sold on a farm animals pack like Heir of Black Falcon suggested. If you guys make it, sign me up for a dozen of those. :wink:
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

it is not so much the low cost country i have a problem with <though i remain unconvinced that outsourcing is 'the' way to cut costs.> But there are plenty of other countries in which it could be done, so the China bit i do have a problem with. Rather have my cows shipped from eastern europe!

anyway, a cow/and or farm animal pack would be sweet. I cannot argue with that.
Domino Gloria!
puddleglum
Artisan

Post by puddleglum »

Considering 230 of these things have already been sold on BrickLink, at an average price of $8.65, you would think LEGO could make a decent buck selling them directly to us at 4-5 dollars a pop. Especially considering that Brickforge can profitably sell cows for $5. But if they do give us that, I wouldn't expect to see it until the MMV and Farm set have been out for at least a year, perhaps longer. Keep in mind that it took eight years for LEGO to create a Stormtroopers battle pack.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Fix the molding on your cows while you're at it. There are some issues with the quality and design of these things.

Dark orange and Tan cows would be nice too.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I am all for this idea. I being a grand daughter of cattle and dairy farmers, would LOVE to have a herd of cows.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

i think (before) they release a blister pack they should create more farm animals. like heir said, pigs, sheep, and goats would be nice (as would single mold chickens, ducks, geese). once we have that many variety then a blister pack would rock!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I would also like to see additional farm animals available. However, if Lego did not make pigs, sheep, chickens, etc for the farm line, I find it unlikely that we will see any soon. Hopefully I am wrong about this.

Since cows are currently being produced, TLG could choose to produce more and sell them to us. This is much easier than producing other farm animals for a pack.

Ben
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Well, even if we can't get any other farm animals than cows in the near future, at least we know they have molds for the cows already. How about a pack of cows in different colors? Black, tan, white, reddish brown, these are all commonly used LEGO colors.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Cow pack would be nice. Maybe a few in different colors?

I'm also hoping the farm line will continue next year and we may get a pig or a sheep with that.

Roosters, probably not, since we got a pretty good brickbuilt variety already.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Cows and other animals. As long as it is below $20, I'm in.

Classic-Castle still rocks.
-Aaron-
8)
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-