Cow Pack

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
nanuck95
Court jester

Re: Cow Pack

Post by nanuck95 »

Kevin1990 wrote:wow for real? and BF did sue them or get money for that :O
I think you mean Brickforge didn't sue them? I don't think they can sue each other as long as whatever parts they are making are different. If Lego made cows that were an exact copy of Brickforge then there would be problems. Same thing with the pigs, just because Brickforge has made pigs that are compatible with Lego, doesn't mean that Lego can't make their own version, as long as it is different.

I don't remember where the post is (i think it was in the general Lego forum if you search for it), but there was also a court ruling a few months ago that basically determined that Lego cannot copyright the Lego brick design, which is why Lego can't sue Megabloks for making stuff that is interchangable with Lego. Not sure if that includes specialty pieces like animals, but you may want to check it out for yourself.
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

nanuck95 wrote:
Kevin1990 wrote:wow for real? and BF did sue them or get money for that :O
I don't remember where the post is (i think it was in the general Lego forum if you search for it), but there was also a court ruling a few months ago that basically determined that Lego cannot copyright the Lego brick design, which is why Lego can't sue Megabloks for making stuff that is interchangable with Lego. Not sure if that includes specialty pieces like animals, but you may want to check it out for yourself.
Though apparently Mega and Lego have been court-boxing for a while now. And BF couldn't sue Lego anyways.
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
Kevin1990
Grounded

Post by Kevin1990 »

well I dont mind, the more animals there will come from all the company's the beter
I stil would love to see alot of animals come

and a cow pack from lego would be awesome!
[url=http://www.brickmania.com/community/]Top Poster on Brickmania[/url]
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/feedback.asp?u=Kevin1990]Proud Briclinker[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Kevin1990]Brickshelf[/url]
shmitty
Serf

Post by shmitty »

I agree with what black falcon said earlier horses and cows etc. mixed but lego should add in maybe 1 or 2 of those nifty grey saddles :)
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

shmitty wrote:I agree with what black falcon said earlier horses and cows etc. mixed but lego should add in maybe 1 or 2 of those nifty grey saddles :)
We need more of those grey saddles, and maybe a few brown as well.
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
Baites
Foot Soldier

Post by Baites »

There seems to be a few set ideas that could centre around the new cow.

1. Cow with single peasant. Along the lines of the old minifigs with a horse. Cow, peasant, a plow and a couple of chickens.
2. Single Cow pulling a cart. Cow, peasant, a cart and some shovels, picks and whip.
3. Double Cow pulling a cart. Same as above, but two cows, two minifigs and a larger cart.

And after the first release, turn around and repackage these sets into the Farm line. Just replace the peasants with farmers.
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

Bullocks!

Bullocks to the lot of you! lol

Actually you could have a bunch of cows pulling a cart.. just give them more curvy horns and you have Bullocks!
legokilt
Bailiff

Post by legokilt »

Huzzah! Lego cow packs are a great idea. So are horses.
Lego helps make history fun!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

:wave: Brick Forge isn't, couldn't, and more importantly wouldn't sue Lego over making a cow. I won't get into the many reasons why....there are just too many to list besides it being off-topic. Cow packs are a great idea. They are long over due in the Lego animal kingdom. I'd like to see reasonable prices for cow packs, but I think it'd be more likely to see smaller sets with 1 cow in them. Great idea though, thumbs up. :)
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

And while we're talking cows, how about not making them in China, hum?
: ) I'll pay double for a good ol american cow!
Red, white, and blue stripes optional
Domino Gloria!
Mörs
Dragon Bait

Post by Mörs »

natelite wrote:i think (before) they release a blister pack they should create more farm animals. like heir said, pigs, sheep, and goats would be nice (as would single mold chickens, ducks, geese). once we have that many variety then a blister pack would rock!
No no no!! Please don't make single mold chickens, ducks or geese. I say, the built ones, that you can find in the MMV, for instance, or totally satisfactory. Besides, here again we would face the problem often found with small LEGO single mold animals: they can't be small enough because they need to be able to fit on a stud, and so we get things like a cat-sized rat etc. Wait, why am I saying this? Anyway, I don't think they would look good, for some reason. The birds from the MMV are pretty nice themselves.

As for the cow pack... Yes, I would like to see one, since, as of yet, the only two sets that have cows in them are pretty expensive. But I would like to see a pack that has also pigs (at least) in it. Or think of a medieval animal pack (packaged in a usual cardboard box, unlike those Castle battle packs), that would contain:
- a cow (or two)
- a pig (or more)
- a dog
- a cat
- a rat
- maybe a few of those built chickens
- a trough with food in it
- some plants, like flowers
- a little fence

Oh, and how about releasing the camel mold outside of the Prince of Persia theme?!
gedren_y
Freeman

Post by gedren_y »

From what I've gathered, a TLG pig will be out soon in the Farm theme. A camel and an ostritch are both going to be released in the Prince of Persia theme. Later on some cross-purposing could happen.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Not much more to say that hasn't been said - so I'll just throw my hat in for supporting this in general.

I would love cows, and my kingdoms are desperately sick of eating horse meat. :raiseone:

Others would be ok too... pigs would be nice too... chickens... I think we can just make them from bricks... but cows are a big one - I'd like to have many more of them~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

I've been collecting animals from Bricklink for a while now trying to populate a medieval market scene. [that gets expensive] all i've managed to get is cats, birds, dogs, a few rats and 4 cows, 2 of each colour. Animal packs would make it so much easier.
Now Lego is making farm sets I think theres a definite market out there for cow or animal packs. No farm just has 2 cows [at least the new pig farm comes with 4 pigs]
If my often faulty memory is working :D .. I seem to remember a Duplo pack a few years ago that was just animals and a figure. It was a zoo expansion pack. Maybe some time we'll get one for regular Lego sets.

on a side note.... I wouldn't mind them re releasing the elephant again in another set. I still don't have one.
Thunedar
Serf

Post by Thunedar »

Ya know, a Medieval farmstead, kind of like the city one, with a white wash fence and a small house chicken coop and barn/shed. Small back yard garden and a couple of flats with wheat/corn stalks or pumpkin/ cabbage patches.

Contents would be:

Father(Farmer) Mother (Maybe with a brown bucket out back doing the wash) and a child with a dog (wooden(tan) sword for play)

2-3 Cows/Bull

2 Sheep/Goats

2 Pigs

Chickens (Brickbuilt)

1 Horse (Bring back the brown horse)

1 Cart (Take things to local market)

1 drawn plow.

I personally am a big advocate for more village type sets in the Castle/Kingdom/Fantasy/Medieval line.