LEGO.com Pick A Brick Price Explosion

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Papy.G
Laborer

Re: LEGO.com Pick A Brick Price Explosion

Post by Papy.G »

Puddleglum> I fear that the prices you saw raising since the 1st of april are just some they forgot to do so while updating.

Well, the tree 64 is now less than 1€, the chain 16ml is back to 52cents, and some price are less than they were before, at least for the double-faced head, before the 1st of april, it was 24cents, now, it is 13cents, same as normal heads. Well, it is not really lower in price than before, because there is only one available, before, it was a man's one, now it's the waitress one.

Back from work, I'll check for the revised price of my test minifig, and edit this post to say how much it is now.
Edit: It is now little less than 2.50€ (was close to 4.50).

Then, I'll probably order some parts, including four complete minifigs (one man, one very old man (with minilegs and beard), one maiden/girl, a boy, and parts to make a blacksmith), and a battle pack.
Last edited by Papy.G on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
Jeema
Gong Farmer

Post by Jeema »

Speaking of Bricklink and Lego jacking up the Pick a Brick prices... you guys may or may not be interested in the fact that I am currently working on a utility application that will read in digital designer LXF files, give you a parts inventory list (which you can also export), and provide you with bricklink links for each part. Can't say exactly when that might be done but I've already got the inventory functionality working...

Ben
puddleglum
Artisan

Post by puddleglum »

Dude, that's cool, I might actually use LDD more often if I had something like that!
"Nothing wrong with me. Not a frog. Nothing frog with me. I'm a respectabiggle . . . Reshpeckobiggle."

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew_raehl/]flickr[/url]
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier

Post by BrianofBrick06 »

Well, after I read a few of the posts for this topic, I had to rush over to the lego website to see if in fact quivers were now a part of PAB. I am somewhat surprised and incredibly happy for the new inventory listed for the PAB selection. Quivers have been by far a much needed item for my lego kingdom, and I am very happy for its incorporation (as well as the other items) in the "new" PAB. Thanks for the updates everyone...
Tyrant
Villein

Post by Tyrant »

I don't want to terribly side track, but are the skelton heads in PAB different from what they were before the update? The picture is of the older slightly more cartoonish looking ones and I don't remember if that was the picture before or not. I had been ordering skeletons in bulk through them because it was cheaper than buying them whole on bricklink in large numbers. Any help would be apprecaited.

On topic, glad to have weapons now. Too bad we apparently lost armor as a result. Now if we could just get helmets.
Stahlregen
Serf

Post by Stahlregen »

Tyrant wrote:I don't want to terribly side track, but are the skelton heads in PAB different from what they were before the update?
It does seem they changed the skeleton heads - the one before was the "evil" design, now it seems to be the classic one.

Evil skull: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic ... 3626bpx115
Classic skull: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=82359

Personally, I love that mini legs and the princess hair are now on sale for an affordable price. Armor would have been nice, though.
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

BrianofBrick06 wrote:Quivers have been by far a much needed item for my lego kingdom, and I am very happy for its incorporation (as well as the other items) in the "new" PAB. Thanks for the updates everyone...
I was so proud of my black battleaxes reserve, now anybody can get a pair for next to nothing! :cry:
Nevermind, I'll get some more. :tasty:

Well, keeping crownie torso, at least one of the two euro armours, giving us barrel cover (round brown 2x2 plate), bow and arrow, one or two helm, and why not round brown 32mm plate or cart wheels would have been perfect.

Very nice the classic smiley head is back, I have one or two dozens '80 minifigs with such face weared off.
Tyrant wrote:...are the skelton heads in PAB different from what they were before the update? The picture is of the older slightly more cartoonish looking ones and I don't remember if that was the picture before or not.
I was asking myself, seeing both side by side in LDD, one available, and one not, if it was possible they had kinda step backward, it seems it is
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]