What do you want Lego to do with the current Castle Line.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What do you want with the Castle line?

Elves/Forestmen
47%
New Different Faction
26%
No more castle line
No votes
Historical theme
15%
Just more sets with same factions
12%

Total votes: 68

maniac29
Peasant

What do you want Lego to do with the current Castle Line.

Post by maniac29 »

The topic is self explanatory. If you vote other, please say what it is.
outcast
Apprentice

Re: What do you want Lego to do with the current Castle Line.

Post by outcast »

I voted for "Just More Sets With The Same Factions" because the money I can spend on lego isn't a large amount. I missed most of the castle sets (all of the expensive ones, plus some of the lesser ones). Plus, the new castle sets, while not perfect, are getting a whole lot better. I believe that if they keep going with the same factions, it will be easier to build armies and larger structures and the sets will probably get better and better.

Outcast (who is hoping you are not bored)
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

I also voted for "Just More Sets With The Same Factions" because I don't think anything needs to be added to this line. I think elves would just be too many factions for one line. And then they would probably have to add another faction that would be the enemie of the elves.

So ultimately, I like the idea of making elves, I just don't think that Lego should use this line to introduce them.
-May your winds be fair !
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

I vote for: "Why don't you just go join in one of the other conversations about this very topic?"

I will not cast a vote in this poll but I'd like to see some more historical sets with some 'real' legends mixed in. Robin Hood, King Arthur etc.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well seeing as the current castle line will very, very, very, very, VERY (I mean, I give you 10 to 1 odds on it) likely finish at the end of this year, and that we have seen all that will be released for it, there really isn't anything to vote about. If you had made your poll ask what we hope for in the NEXT castle line, it would be more appropriate. As it is though there is nothing to discuss.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Re:

Post by Blueandwhite »

Robin Hood wrote:Well seeing as the current castle line will very, very, very, very, VERY (I mean, I give you 10 to 1 odds on it) likely finish at the end of this year, and that we have seen all that will be released for it, there really isn't anything to vote about. If you had made your poll ask what we hope for in the NEXT castle line, it would be more appropriate. As it is though there is nothing to discuss.

Interesting odds. I'm curious though as to why you're so certain that 2009 is the end of the Castle line. Maybe I'm just not in the know, but is the Castle line selling poorly? I'm just wondering why alot of people think it's the end of the road for castle.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Blueandwhite wrote:Interesting odds. I'm curious though as to why you're so certain that 2009 is the end of the Castle line. Maybe I'm just not in the know, but is the Castle line selling poorly? I'm just wondering why alot of people think it's the end of the road for castle.
You didn't read my post completely. I said the current castle line. Not the entire castle theme. KK2 had a run for three years. At the end of 2006 it was done. The castle line of Knights Kingdom was done, finished, never to come back. Most themes tend to have a three year run, or less, and judging from both the sets released this year and from hints dropped at a con or two by Lego, it is, as I said, very likely this is the last year for this castle line. I am not, nor has anyone, anywhere, anytime said that this is the end of the entire theme, just of the current line.

I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Ceedubb of the Bulls
Serf

Post by Ceedubb of the Bulls »

As long as they continue the "castle" theme I'll be happy. An elven faction, or any type of new faction simply mean more varied battles and scenery, plus new pieces that can be combined with old to make your lego world that much more for you. Older guys like myself remember the end of production of so many great factions, and still keep incorporating it into our MOC's. So don't worry, its still going to be lego, it'll just make your imagination work a little more to incorporate it...besides, The might of the Bulls will shine through no matter who the opposition.
Never trust an elf.
Seasian
Freeman

Post by Seasian »

I hope they continue with this line. Ive become very fond of the crownes and trolls.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

other: a real time strategy game where you build castles to control land and get to choose a faction based on designs from the last thirty years of Lego...
Could totally tie in with todays sets.

(sort of a warcraft 2/stronghold crusader meets Lego castle - Cartoony, fun, RTS .. what's not to love?)
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re:

Post by architect »

Robin Hood wrote:
You didn't read my post completely. I said the current castle line. Not the entire castle theme. KK2 had a run for three years. At the end of 2006 it was done. The castle line of Knights Kingdom was done, finished, never to come back. Most themes tend to have a three year run, or less, and judging from both the sets released this year and from hints dropped at a con or two by Lego, it is, as I said, very likely this is the last year for this castle line. I am not, nor has anyone, anywhere, anytime said that this is the end of the entire theme, just of the current line.

Most lines do last 3 years and then are redesigned. So I would not be surprised if this was the case for the current castle line.

Admin note: I would suggest reading and posting in more topics before starting polls when you are a brand new member of C-C. This will allow you to create better polls. One example is the grouping of elves and forestmen as a choice above. These should be separate as each would be their own distinctive sub-theme. All polls should have a "None of the above - See comment below" choice. Thanks.

Ben
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Has anyone thought about the Prince of Persia theme?
Off the record I somewhat half expect it to replace the Castle line, but this is not in any way confirmed by anyone, it's just speculation from my part.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Aliencat wrote:Has anyone thought about the Prince of Persia theme?
Off the record I somewhat half expect it to replace the Castle line, but this is not in any way confirmed by anyone, it's just speculation from my part.
That was my initial thought when I read the Lego PoP news.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

given the strong sales of castle, dropping it for a license doesn't seem to make sense to me?

My guess is that PoP runs paralel like vikings/KKII.
Domino Gloria!
Foulques de Legoléon
Villein

Post by Foulques de Legoléon »

realistic line for more knights realistic shield and more civilians.