Collectable Figs Future Suggestions (Updated and Organized)

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: Collectable Figs Future Suggestions (Updated and Organiz

Post by AK_Brickster »

Good luck with "Jesus". That seems like the 3rd least likely figure that Lego would ever make (only ranking behind "adult movie star" and "Hitler")
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
mpoh98
Justiciar

Post by mpoh98 »

Some great ideas! I really wish that they would make some more Spartans....
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/75100]Mocpages[/url], [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92459453@N08/]Flickr[/url]
Support [url=https://ideas.lego.com/projects/74333]Huckleberry Finn[/url] on Lego Ideas!
Philippians 4:13
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

^^ "Succubus" is probably a long shot too. :lol: I added both to the list anyway.
Sir Bragallot
Artisan

Post by Sir Bragallot »

Karalora wrote:I don't recognize "Ashigaru" or "Ghazi." Are those from something specific?
Ashigaru were Japanese peasant foot soldiers (as opposed to Samurai who were like the Knights of their land) and Ghazis were an islamic militia (the counterpart to the religious fanatics / armed pilgrims who fought in the crusaders' armies).
AK_Brickster wrote:Good luck with "Jesus". That seems like the 3rd least likely figure that Lego would ever make (only ranking behind "adult movie star" and "Hitler")
What about... Osama Bin Laden? :twisted:
[url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21682]Enter the World of Westeron[/url]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Thanks for the explanations. I mostly wanted to make sure they weren't covered by an item already on the list. It's getting to the point where it's easy to miss something because the list is so long.
Sir Osis of Liver
Villein

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

It's a particularly boring day at work so I dreamed up a couple of more additions to the idea list.

Cricket player
Duck hunter (Picture one of the guys from Duck Dynasty!)
Road Construction sign holder
Guy wearing a sandwich board advertisement
Dressage equestrian
Australian Cowboy
Redav
Artisan

Post by Redav »

Sir Osis of Liver wrote: Cricket player
I like that idea. Brickarms (I think) already have a bat with their Shaun of the Dead fig.
Sir Osis of Liver wrote: Australian Cowboy
A stockman would be neat but not sure it would be much different from the cowboy? Maybe a whip instead of guns, and different print without a bandolier?
Team Jesus

[url=http://www.brickset.com/search/?ownedBy=redav]My Brickset List[/url]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/redavthe1st/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]
Sir Osis of Liver
Villein

Redav wrote:
Sir Osis of Liver wrote: Australian Cowboy
A stockman would be neat but not sure it would be much different from the cowboy? Maybe a whip instead of guns, and different print without a bandolier?
That's kinda along the lines of what I'm thinking. I'm picturing a Cowboy character but rather than the traditional cowboy hat he's wearing a hat like the Indianna Jones Fedora and a long riding coat.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

New suggestions have been added to the list, but I'm not re-posting it just yet.

EDITED TO ADD: Reviewing the list, a thought struck me about the "Queen" entry. We're probably all assuming that any such figure would be Castle-themed, with a medieval/Renaissance gown and a crown...but what if they went for something more like Queen Victoria or even a modern Queen in a nicely tailored suit and tasteful hat? Then she could go in scenes with the Grenadier Guards and the Bagpiper.

I know this is a Castle forum, but what do you guys think? We can get our medieval/Renaissance queens from the Castle sets themselves.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Bah, humbug! Give us a medieval queen! There are so few female castle figures (relatively speaking) that more variety is always welcome!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

So my Minifigure Character Encyclopedia came in, and it seems we may have had the Secret Agent fulfilled without even noticing! (Wow, he is good!)

From the page on the Businessman:
THE BUSINESSMAN is a completely normal office worker, and is not in any way a highly trained secret agent who goes on daring undercover missions all over the world. He puts in a standard day's work, earning a standard wage and a standard place of business. Don't believe anything else you hear.
It goes on to describe each of his accessories, and the specific sort of high-tech secret agent gadget it isn't. His briefcase "does not contain classified secrets."

Mighty specific denials...
Last edited by Karalora on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Karalora wrote: EDITED TO ADD: Reviewing the list, a thought struck me about the "Queen" entry. We're probably all assuming that any such figure would be Castle-themed, with a medieval/Renaissance gown and a crown...but what if they went for something more like Queen Victoria or even a modern Queen in a nicely tailored suit and tasteful hat? Then she could go in scenes with the Grenadier Guards and the Bagpiper.
I'd like to see a medieval king and queen and a queen in full Elizabethan regalia would be really cool. I'd be up for any kind of Queen, even the drag kind. :roflol:
AK_Brickster wrote:Good luck with "Jesus". That seems like the 3rd least likely figure that Lego would ever make
Or Mohammed... I think the Danes might be a little gun-shy about doing that again...
Sir Osis of Liver wrote: Road Construction sign holder
Maybe they could include one of those speech bubble pieces and have him shouting "Hey, babe!" :wink:
Karalora wrote:So my Minifigure Character Encyclopedia came in, and it seems we may have had the Secret Agent fulfilled without even noticing!
Hmmmm... I guess that is the point of a secret agent... Seems like kind of a silly backstory though.

Steve
Last edited by Athos on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Sir Osis of Liver
Villein

Here's another idea I was thinking about this past weekend. How popular would collectible minifigure packs be if there were a series that included more extra parts rather than just the 1 or 2 accessories. What I'm thinking of would be basicly small polybag sets similar to some of the ones which are currently being made like Frodo's kitchen and the Mirkwood elf sets and some of the polybag city sets. You could have the collectible minifigure with a small assortment of pieces to build a small accompanying model. I could see a biker with motorcycle, cowboy with horse, librarian with a small bookshelf, mad scientist with a laboratory table and so on. The only downside is that the price would likely have to increase to cover the extra cost of the additional elements.
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

Couldn't see it on the list. And mainly inspired by the fact that I got to work and found a lego movie camera in my pocket.

How about 'Movie director', 'Movie cameraman' and 'Male Movie star' or 'Action Hero/Stunt man'.

The director could have a megaphone or clapperboard. The cameraman would have... a camera. And the action hero/stunt man could be an Arnie/Bruce willis type, with vest and head bandage.

How about 'classic journalist' as well. Hat with a press pass card in it and a camera.
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

See last page for most recent updates
Last edited by Karalora on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.