Collectable Figs Future Suggestions (Updated and Organized)

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Re: Collectable Figs Future Suggestions (Updated and Organiz

Post by Dr.Cogg »

Medusa,Gargoyle,Female Elf,Evil Queen,Santa Clause,vampire hunter,Necromencer and a ghost.
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

1. A strong G.I. Joe and
2. a sexy/cute G.I. Jane ;)
3. Mariachi :)
4. Bio-hazard Special forces (something like Hunk from Resident Evil)
5. The nutcracker with trumpet and snare drum
6. Angel
7. Something like Femme Nikita.
8. Pop idol girl [singer] (or isn´t popular to all?).
9. Rock Guitarrist :p with Les Paul guitar
10. Chef.
11. Cowboy. and Cowgirl. New-fashioned
12. Dino capturer mercenary.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Some of your ideas have already been released, or something close. We got a guy in a biohazard suit, for instance. I added the new ones to my list. I love the Nutcracker idea! And in honor of the upcoming American Thanksgiving holiday, I've also added two Pilgrims, male and female, to the list.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Can I give you a little advice about this? LEGO got many complaints FROM PARENTS about female figs being "too sexy" and has decided to tone it down with the females. If you compare the hula girl to the Islander girl, you can tell they have toned it down. Requesting something "sexy" is probably not going to happen. Just to give you a little information.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Personally, I was a little irked that he specified a "strong" G.I. Joe but a "cute/sexy" G.I. Jane. Pretty sexist, that. I left the adjectives out entirely when I added them to the list.
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

I think an entomologist would be neat. ...imagining a guy with a butterfly net chasing a couple of butterflies.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Ooh, agreed! On that subject, how about a birdwatcher? An opportunity for them to expand their bird repertoire a little.

I'd also like to see a British constable/Keystone Kop, with the high-domed helmet and all.
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Bluesecrets wrote:
Can I give you a little advice about this? LEGO got many complaints FROM PARENTS about female figs being "too sexy" and has decided to tone it down with the females. If you compare the hula girl to the Islander girl, you can tell they have toned it down. Requesting something "sexy" is probably not going to happen. Just to give you a little information.
Yes, thanks for the advice :) And excuse for using adjetives in that way :oops: . Well, let me explain (I am not a native English speaker), have you played Metal Slug? That's why I tried to say.

I understand sexy near as the hulla girl, but also the tennis girl player is sexy (but now, I think is more cute than sexy) and the mermaids in PotC also match this description (cute). So, I think it's better to say cute than sexy.
Last edited by Lobberuno on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I think that my point..that LEGO is trying to make sure the female figs not "sexy" by a parental request, explains it all. Please do not forget some very important facts:

1) This is a child's toy..a MALE child's toy and as much as TLG tries to make female lines...they always with figs that are not minifigs.
2) As ever expanding as the AFOL community is...we still only account for 10% of the sales of LEGO worldwide
3) A few sets are made with the AFOL's in mind, but I do not think that a "sexy" or "cute" minifig (whether it is male or female) is ever the goal of LEGO.

Now...having said that. I am issuing a warning. Several posts above this post ARE off topic. This thread is about suggestions for the collecti figs. No more discussions of "cute" or "sexy" or sexist-ness. LEGO is a TOY, it is not "sexy" or "cute" or gender equality. Keep this thread about the suggestions or I am locking it and you won't have a place to make suggestions.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Surduk
Villein

Post by Surduk »

Please ad saxophone player to the list. Thanx :)
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Surduk wrote:Please ad saxophone player to the list. Thanx :)

Good suggestion! It seems to me that the whole collection has been rather light on musicians altogether. Reading your suggestion, thoughts of figures after B.B.King, Mozart and the Pied Piper immediately followed to mind.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

We already have "Jazz musician" on the list, but I'll replace it with "Saxophone player" since that's more specific. Also adding "Pied Piper" and "Classical composer."
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

We need a Native/Islander/Cannibal type minifigure. These types of characters were the early/mid 1900's versions of today's zombies in popular culture. They cover a wide range of regions like the Caribbean, South Pacific and Africa. Currently, the ones that fit the description are only in licensed themes POTC and Indiana Jones.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

We have "Polynesian tribesman" on the list. Is that close enough to what you were thinking? I could change it to "Tropical tribesman" to cover a wider range of fictitious native cultures as depicted in pulp fiction. "Cannibal" or "Savage" might be rather insulting.
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Lobberuno wrote:5. The nutcracker with trumpet and snare drum.
I mentioned the Nutcracker, it is available in the 9349 Fairytale and history minifigure set, but there are two things about this set:

1. The included one in the 9349 are soldiers more like to those used in the Pirates line (the nutcracker is a wooden-made toy, so the minifigure could be painted to look like wooden-made).
2. Minifigures series are more easy to distribute in more countries than the 9349 that is not available in some countries, Mexico included -I didn't saw even one-).

And, what about Pinocchio minifigure? (it's no a licensed character, isn't :s).