Are we still using this thread to dream about future releases? If so, here's a list I came up with today. I set myself a few guidelines:
1. If it could be expected to come up in an ongoing theme, it's not necessary. As much as I like LEGO wizards, we already have a few of them on the playing field at present.
2. There should be potential for interesting accessories, ideally brand-new molds and/or prints. "Accessories" in this case usually means handheld objects, but headgear and bodywear can also count.
3. It should be able to fit into one of the five categories I identified (see this thread
)--Professionals, Athletes, Artists/Performers, Historical Folks, or Fantastic Characters.
Without further ado, then--my wish list!
* A Greek philosopher (to go with the Spartan) holding a scroll
* Marching band player with a bass drum
* Acrobat, preferably female--think spangled leotard and long balancing pole, to go with the other circus performers
* Aztec warrior
* Golfer (mostly for the hat)
* Jockey--this would be another good pick for a female fig, and should have short legs
* Jazz musician--saxophone!
* Frontiersman--think Davy Crockett, with a coonskin cap and a rifle
* Movie star--big hair, slinky gown, fat feather boa (the life vest could be a good basis for the design of this piece) and a repurposed gold trophy statuette as an Oscar
* Opera singer--Almost, but not quite, a female counterpart to the Viking
* Lab technician with test tube
* Surgeon with scalpel
* Banker--either modern or 19th Century style
* Ghost--not like the Fright Knights-era ones with the full covering shroud, but more like Peeves in the Harry Potter line, with visible facial features
* Psion, with an enlarged head achieved with a headgear piece like the Frankensbtein Monster
* Geologist/fossil hunter, with a hammer and either a new color of crystal or an interesting bone
* Female elf
* Swamp Monster--a fishman or seaweed creature
* Tourist in a Hawaiian shirt with a camera and a hideous Panama hat. (This is the only on that breaks Guideline #3 above.)
* Highlander with a claymore (not the explodey kind), blue face paint optional
Wow...that went on a bit, didn't it?
EDIT: With so many of our suggestions having been fulfilled already, or due to be fulfilled in a future set, maybe the mods could sticky this thread and convert the first post to a checklist. Some brave soul could comb through the whole thing and make a definitive list of the suggestions, omitting any duplicates, and then as items on the list come true, they could be put in bold text.