Pitchforks for Minifigures

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: Pitchforks for Minifigures

Post by Athos »

Bluesecrets wrote:Why not just buy what you want than request a whole new mold and production?
For me new set with the pitchfork would be nice. Even though I already have two. Because a set which includes a pitchfork would, likely, be a civilian farm type set. So, for me, its not so much about the pitchfork, so much as it is a return to civilian sets.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Athos wrote:
Bluesecrets wrote:Why not just buy what you want than request a whole new mold and production?
For me new set with the pitchfork would be nice. Even though I already have two. Because a set which includes a pitchfork would, likely, be a civilian farm type set. So, for me, its not so much about the pitchfork, so much as it is a return to civilian sets.

Steve
See now that's just it for me too. It's about thematic issues; if you have an official set released with a Pitchfork element, then the characters will be bent toward civilian tasks. I have enough soldiers for goodness sake. Variety is not just found in shields, tunics, tabards and helms.

What the official sets lack, with some exception to the Castle Advent Calender, Medieval Market Village, Dan's Blacksmith Shop, the Guarded Inn, Majisto's house & shop, and OLD sets from the 1980s there are but a handful of actual village, peasant or merchant class sets to populate the Castle universe. The other hundred+ are all about conflict and men in armor. While those are fun, there needs to be some group caught in the middle of the conflict, or supplying the armies of either side.

Hence, the need for more chores of feeding the mounted knights' valiant steeds with hay bales and carts of feed. Gotta pitch it somehow, and why not a proper LEGO official windmill to churn and grind that grain into flour to make bread for the soldier armies? And you see, then you need a Medieval Bakery to feed them all, and then they'll be very thirsty so you are going to need a brewery. By the time you have done all that you have got to have a mead-hall for the lord/king and his loyal retainers.

Well now that we've fleshed the village out a bit didn't you notice that we've got the *perfect* set up for more conflict? We've just stumbled into the story of Beowulf!! Get a new edition of the Viking Ship for you conflict fans and a Grendel Lair and you have absolutely captured not just the spirit of medieval storytelling but you have fallen completely into Danish folklore!

All because of the Pitchfork, you see?

Six sets, perhaps more, and a theme LEGO could embrace and make a tidy little profit from while educating our children about the great literary epic of Beowulf.
Priceless, if you ask me. They should pay me.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

With LegoGroup gradually expanding its farm line of sets, it's hard to imagine that they could go much longer without having pitchforks. Those cows have to eat!

Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Something that happens though is the mold gets really scuffed up and needs to be retired. However this should not be a deterrent because LEGO has reproduced cowls much to our delight.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

I totally want a pitchfork put me under cc members
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Dear Lego,
The past year has seen the introduction of several new Lego elements, many among the new collectible minifigures, and several among regular sets. In some instances, it seems that a piece has been created which is a variation of similar pieces already in production: For instance, a new spear was recently introduced when spears have been in production for some time; two new models of bows and arrows have been made; maracas and microphones have both made a debut, but having a similar shape, a single piece might have been designed which could have been taken for both items; and a new dog is being offered in new police sets -- either to be offered alongside the current dog model, or to supplant it. Since there have been so many new elements introduced over the last year, many of which could possibly be seen as redundant, perhaps Lego might consider bringing back an older piece, the pitchfork, for which there really is no comparable element available these days. It is a glaring void among town and medieval settings which is waiting to be filled.

Sincerely
FLK
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Well, as Halberd777 and Username posted about in the "New York Toy Fair 2011" thread, one potential new set seems to have the pitchfork in it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/se ... 919755351/ Mill Village Raid

Nonetheless, if you guys are still lobbying Brickforge for one, you can add me to the petition too... I only have one pitchfork at the moment, but it'd be nice to create some farmers, yet maybe even a 60 man peasant unit (like from MTWII). :tasty:
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

Velliscig wrote:Well, as Halberd777 and Username posted about in the "New York Toy Fair 2011" thread, one potential new set seems to have the pitchfork in it.
Potential set? The sets featured were not "potential" sets, they ARE the sets to come.

But yes, there is a pitchfork in the Mill set, much to my, and many others', enjoyment. :)
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Zilberfrid
Villein

Post by Zilberfrid »

It also points out why it is best to wait for official pictures. The leaked once (shame on my curiosity) had some ugly atlantis-like tridents...
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

OverLoad wrote: But yes, there is a pitchfork in the Mill set, much to my, and many others', enjoyment. :)
2 pitchforks. :D
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

So happy to see the Pitchfork returning in official, and regular retail, sets from LEGO this year. Huzzah!
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
brciktw
Villein

Post by brciktw »

I designed the program may help you more creative
We are a hobbyist for Oriental history. For each dynasty and myth are quite fascinated. For the purpose of fanaticism, I transform the historical relics into as BrickTW, so that everyone can take part in Eastern culture changes.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=bricktw]BrickLink store[/url]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Code: Select all

I designed the program may help you more creative
You posted this several times on topics where it has nothing to do with the discussion. I am removing them all but this one. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

_________

Please continue with the discussion of pitchforks, thank you.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Nicker
Peasant

Post by Nicker »

Looks like TLG definitely listens to the requests and wishes of those on these forums. It's great to see return of the pitch fork in the new Mill Village Raid set! :D
Classic castle fan to the core!
My Blog http://nicksbricks.blogspot.com/

My collection http://www.brickset.com/search/?owned=1