Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Pink Knights?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Robin Hood » Mon May 31, 2010 9:42 pm

Forestboy wrote:And with three reports of pink knights in a row, I think it's safe to say that maybe every single knight has pink printing.

Unless, someone says they have a perfectly fine white knight. I'm definitely buying the Jester, but not any knights. I'll wait 'till July or even August just to hope it's a "bad batch".

Why, Lego, why? :cry:


I quote:

Thunedar wrote:I have purchased all but the two larger sets, multiples of the smaller ones.

All the ones I have handled look red. Not a hue of pink to them.


stuifzand wrote:I purchased the castle sets last week in Germany, and the figs I have are fine.
At least, those that are in the big castle set, since that is the only box I've opened so far.


Jojo wrote:Hello!


No pink here.
So far I got the jester from 7953 and the knight from 7950. White is white and red is red.


Bye
Jojo


And seeing as you replied to one of those....

I would say it is not safe to say.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
User avatar
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:35 am
Location: An empty room.....somewhere.

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Napoleon » Mon May 31, 2010 10:24 pm

LEGO Kingdoms Episode 5: The Pink Strikes Back!

Or, at least, it strikes again! That's right: I got them. Pink. I got the wizard and jester impulses, the Prison Carriage, and the Prison Tower Rescue. Luckily, my choices had zero of the checkered red-and-white/pink Chromie/Lion foot soldiers. But, the knight's barding in the PTR had pink. I can put up with it, though, as long as it doesn't happen again.

That said, the sets were fantastic and this might be the best Castle theme of all time. :wink:
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

TeenLEGOFans.com!

My Flickr!
User avatar
Napoleon
Archer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Vendameria, leading the knights into battle. :P

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Forestboy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:54 am

Robin Hood wrote:
Forestboy wrote:And with three reports of pink knights in a row, I think it's safe to say that maybe every single knight has pink printing.

Unless, someone says they have a perfectly fine white knight. I'm definitely buying the Jester, but not any knights. I'll wait 'till July or even August just to hope it's a "bad batch".

Why, Lego, why? :cry:


I quote:

Thunedar wrote:I have purchased all but the two larger sets, multiples of the smaller ones.

All the ones I have handled look red. Not a hue of pink to them.


stuifzand wrote:I purchased the castle sets last week in Germany, and the figs I have are fine.
At least, those that are in the big castle set, since that is the only box I've opened so far.


Jojo wrote:Hello!


No pink here.
So far I got the jester from 7953 and the knight from 7950. White is white and red is red.


Bye
Jojo


And seeing as you replied to one of those....

I would say it is not safe to say.

Dan :wink:


And I quote myself:

Forestboy wrote:Unless, someone says they have a perfectly fine white knight.


Thanks for the examples Dan, still unsure though... :roll: :wink:

~FB~
User avatar
Forestboy
Steward
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: In the treetops learning from Robin himself...

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Blego7 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:11 pm

I agree that there is no Perfectly white Knight! I just picked up a couple and they are both a little pinkish naturally. I also picked up the Jester and found the red in the hat to be a little Bright Pinkish! Wow! unlike previous hats this jesters hat is white with red painted on. So I guess LEGO should start using stronger paint.
User avatar
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Count Blacktron » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:56 am

It seems like the Pink Effect has taken to all the quarter-tunic red & white figures except for the Jester that I have found. None of the metallic torso-ed characters are affected by the Pink Effect due to the nature of the printing. Since all I have found are faded Pink wearing that four-sectioned red and white tunic, I have had to come up with my own reason:

The Red Lion Kingdom has fallen upon hard times, beset by a poor harvest (or lack of harvesters), and increased military budget due to the hostile faction of the Green Dragons carting off their people and causing mayhem, the good King of the Red Lion Kingdom has had to clothe his Regulars in older and faded cloth. Other kings may be able to afford brightly colored and crisp textiles, but not so for this king who has had to pay large ransoms for the personal safety of his family and subjects. The poverty of the Kingdoms in this conflict is likely because of this boarder war and the waste of resources by the extravagance of the Red Lion's royal family. This would also explain the tiny sets in this assortment.

That's why they have poorly colored figures in this assortment. I think at this point any other faction would hand them their donkeys in battle. They're tactically and supply weak. And Pink.:oops:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
User avatar
Count Blacktron
Sheriff
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:20 am
Location: Cave of Caerbannog

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Forestboy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:09 am

Alright...during my trip to the Lego Brand Retail Store on June 1st while getting Collectible Minifigs, I also got Kingdoms! I got the Wizard, Jester, and Knight's Showdown. I must say that my knight from knight's showdown is in fact...pink.

And although my Jester's torso is not pink, it's not really a bright white. It's definitely white; just not very strong.

Like I said earlier, is there anyway we can get this problem solved instead of just talking about it? Like maybe Steve Witt or something? I'm not really sure how AFOLs interact with TLG, but I was thinking that maybe talking to him would help. :wink:

~FB~
User avatar
Forestboy
Steward
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: In the treetops learning from Robin himself...

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Blueandwhite » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:03 am

Forestboy wrote:Alright...during my trip to the Lego Brand Retail Store on June 1st while getting Collectible
Like I said earlier, is there anyway we can get this problem solved instead of just talking about it? Like maybe Steve Witt or something? I'm not really sure how AFOLs interact with TLG, but I was thinking that maybe talking to him would help. :wink:

~FB~


Nope.

Ben has already said he's informed Steve of our plight. As AFOLs, all we can do now is wait and report what our sets look like. At this point it's safe to say that the first run of North American sets will have a good number of pink figures. Even if LEGO does address this issue, the changes won't happen right away. The first run is already on the shelves and although I know nothing about LEGO production, it's very possible that the error could still appear in the second run if changes aren't immediate. I'm sure Steve will do what he can, but right now it's going to be a waiting game.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

My Brickshelf Gallery
My Flickr
User avatar
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:12 pm
Location: Bolton, Ontario

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby architect » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Steve Witt passed our feedback to the LEGO Quality department. Here is their response:

Yes it is correct that the white print needs to be double, so that it does not become pink. This issue has been identified back in the beginning of March but apparently some elements slipped through and have been packaged.

New sets should be OK – otherwise let me know!


Hopefully future production runs of the Kingdoms sets will have correctly printed figures. I will continue to pass along your feedback about this issue to LEGO.

Ben Ellermann

Image
User avatar
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann
 
Posts: 4779
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:10 pm
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Username » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:06 pm

architect wrote:Hi everyone,

Steve Witt passed our feedback to the LEGO Quality department. Here is their response:

Yes it is correct that the white print needs to be double, so that it does not become pink. This issue has been identified back in the beginning of March but apparently some elements slipped through and have been packaged.

New sets should be OK – otherwise let me know!


Hopefully future production runs of the Kingdoms sets will have correctly printed figures. I will continue to pass along your feedback about this issue to LEGO.

Ben Ellermann

Image


Guess I will be waiting to buy any checkered knight sets then.
User avatar
Username
Councilor
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Texas! YEHAW!

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Forestboy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Username wrote:
architect wrote:Hi everyone,

Steve Witt passed our feedback to the LEGO Quality department. Here is their response:

Yes it is correct that the white print needs to be double, so that it does not become pink. This issue has been identified back in the beginning of March but apparently some elements slipped through and have been packaged.

New sets should be OK – otherwise let me know!


Hopefully future production runs of the Kingdoms sets will have correctly printed figures. I will continue to pass along your feedback about this issue to LEGO.

Ben Ellermann

Image


Guess I will be waiting to buy any checkered knight sets then.


Yes, same here. Thanks for letting us know Ben. Although, if they "addressed" this problem in March, how did some "slip through" if most of us are getting them. :raiseone:

So in order to get rid of our pink, guessing TLG wouldn't let us trade ours in, I was thinking we could start up a pink and white knight trading thread. For the collectors who want pink knights, we send them our pink, and they send us their white. I don't know who would want pink, but maybe they'll be super rare and worth a good chunk of money later on. Just what I think, tell me if you'd want such a thread. :wink:

~FB~
User avatar
Forestboy
Steward
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: In the treetops learning from Robin himself...

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby nanuck95 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Forestboy wrote:Yes, same here. Thanks for letting us know Ben. Although, if they "addressed" this problem in March, how did some "slip through" if most of us are getting them. :raiseone:

So in order to get rid of our pink, guessing TLG wouldn't let us trade ours in, I was thinking we could start up a pink and white knight trading thread. For the collectors who want pink knights, we send them our pink, and they send us their white. I don't know who would want pink, but maybe they'll be super rare and worth a good chunk of money later on. Just what I think, tell me if you'd want such a thread. :wink:

~FB~


I don't know how long it takes something to go from plastic pellets to final product, but it wouldn't surprise me if the first production runs happened well before March. So, who knows how much slipped through before it was caught. I suppose one could speculate that if the problem was caught in March, whether or not it could/should have been fixed by replacing all of the already packaged kits and still have a June release date and whether or not Lego should have eaten the cost instead of taking the hit in quality and customer satisfaction. But, at least it sounds like it was caught on their end and supposedly has been addressed.

You bring up a good point though. Has anyone tried calling customer service to get replacement pieces? I have a few of the smaller sets, but haven't opened them yet as I'm in the middle of moving again. I did purchase one of the battle-packs, and the figures there look ok for the most part.

I certainly don't want tons of pink knights, but if I do get one, I have ideas for a good MOC about it once I get my stuff unpacked again. :wink:
User avatar
nanuck95
Court jester
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Count Blacktron » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:27 pm

architect wrote:Hi everyone,

Steve Witt passed our feedback to the LEGO Quality department. Here is their response:

Yes it is correct that the white print needs to be double, so that it does not become pink. This issue has been identified back in the beginning of March but apparently some elements slipped through and have been packaged.

New sets should be OK – otherwise let me know!


Hopefully future production runs of the Kingdoms sets will have correctly printed figures. I will continue to pass along your feedback about this issue to LEGO.

Ben Ellermann

Image


Thank you for your work Ben. Now begins the hunt for the Kingdoms: The Next Generation. :wave:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
User avatar
Count Blacktron
Sheriff
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:20 am
Location: Cave of Caerbannog

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby Forestboy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:03 am

nanuck95 wrote:
Forestboy wrote:[snip]


I don't know how long it takes something to go from plastic pellets to final product, but it wouldn't surprise me if the first production runs happened well before March.


Actually, if you carefully open the other side of the box from within, you can find out when the set was made on one of the side tabs. For example, I picked up a set recently on sale that is from 2009, and I found out it was made 1 year ago in June of 2009! That meant it sat on some shelf or some warehouse for quite some time!

I'll try looking at on my impulses' boxes first and tell you my findings. I won't on my Knight's Showdown because I might see if I can return mine for a white-er knight later on. :wink:

~FB~
User avatar
Forestboy
Steward
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: In the treetops learning from Robin himself...

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby nanuck95 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Forestboy wrote:Actually, if you carefully open the other side of the box from within, you can find out when the set was made on one of the side tabs. For example, I picked up a set recently on sale that is from 2009, and I found out it was made 1 year ago in June of 2009! That meant it sat on some shelf or some warehouse for quite some time!


No Kidding, I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check mine out when I open them.
User avatar
nanuck95
Court jester
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA

Re: Pink Knights?

Postby BearHeart » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:28 am

I have the same problem with the 'pink' torso's. I'm in Canada and I purchased two Knights Showdown in the last few days and both sets had the pink torso problem. I'm going to wait a couple of months to buy the two biggest castle sets in hopes that the printing problem will be solved by then. I want to get both horse bardings in a nice red and white hue and not the red and pink.

From previous posts in this thread it seems like LEGO has noted the problem and taken steps to solve it. I'm definitely going to wait until this problem is resolved 100% before I purchase the two most expensive Kingdoms sets.
BearHeart
Gong Farmer
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Dear LEGO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest