LEGO Theme Survey

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: LEGO Theme Survey

Post by architect »

richardanthonyc wrote: Are you insinuating that Lego is racist? :lol:
TLG has stated on multiple occasions that only licensed lines will have flesh colored figures. These figures will reflect the actor/actress playing that specific character (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, etc.)

All non-licensed lines will retain the classic yellow figures.

Ben
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

architect wrote:
TLG has stated on multiple occasions that only licensed lines will have flesh colored figures. These figures will reflect the actor/actress playing that specific character (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, etc.)

Ben
Ah I see! I didn't know that, thanks for the info!
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
lord_of_orks
Squire

Post by lord_of_orks »

richardanthonyc wrote:
architect wrote:

Ben
Ah I see! I didn't know that, thanks for the info!
I didn't know that ether. it's nice to know that castle will not be going fleshy :)
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... rd-of-orks]brickshelf[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_of_orks/6939512687/]flicker[/url]
one for all! all for one! every man for him self!
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Here, there are some themes:

For Castle, maybe a mythical story: The Legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Rounded Table (but, that sounds like Lego Classic Castle, isn't?)
Also, I think Lego can mix elements like Castle 2007 and others from the Warcraft Series or The Lord of the Rings for do its own story, without purchasing a lIcense (the sets will increment their cost considerably). Griffins, Dragons, Trolls, Ogres, Humans, Pegasus, Unicorns, Elves, Centaurs, Skeletons, Knights mounted mythical beasts. All that is good for children and AFOLs. Also, maybe each faction has its own unique power (elves has archers and druids manipulates nature energy so well, humans use force and a little magic, undead spread terror, etc.). Even a RPG can be played with this.

For Lego City, maybe a "Fast and Furious" subtheme, or a SWAT subtheme, because Agents was too short.

Space-Fiction/Exoforce like: combining Gundam, Exoforce and the best ideas from Lego Star Wars, for make a Lego Unique theme. Story tells about the last human colony traveling in the space finding a planet like the Earth, because it was invaded by a alien race that it's gathering resources for expand its domain and confront their real enemy (another alien race). Humans has many troubles, because they are persecuted by the alien races and sometimes humans will be in a crossfire from a fight originated by the alien races. Humans have a mothership and a lot of robots, combat aircrafts, battlepods, armors, etc. Aliens has superior technology and weapons. Can human race find a Planet where they can live in peace?
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
klorox
Apprentice

Post by klorox »

well, I'd like to see something like heroica, except not games, sets! with characters like the barbarion, druids, wizards and warriors you'd get some nice minifig pieces, and with the sets they'd come in, youd get castle pieces and other parts. but like boses said, I'd LOVE to see some brick built monsters.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

So, i don't suppose LEGO has given us any feedback on this thread? There def were some trends in the responces, no?
Domino Gloria!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Don't worry, any trends in what the fans want are communicated with TLC by the LEGO Ambassadors. Just be sure to keep posting what you want.

About the feedback: you'll notice a lot of fan suggestions have already been implemented in existing themes and sets, if you know where to look. From obvious examples like the fans begging for more medieval civilian sets, to more subtle references to Blackton in Space Police III sets.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
fhomess
Gong Farmer

Post by fhomess »

Dinosaurs/Cavemen - I think this is pretty self explanatory
Undercover Agents - I'm thinking Mission Impossible/spies, but kind of an extension of police with an international bent. You could have boats with smuggler's hides, safe houses with hidden escape routes, etc.
Explorers - This could have things like scuba divers, mountaineers, arctic adventurers, and jungle trekkers.

I also think that an educational line intending to teach physics would be a nice bridge between some of the basic technic sets and the NXT/mindstorms stuff.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

klorox wrote:well, I'd like to see something like heroica, except not games, sets! with characters like the barbarion, druids, wizards and warriors you'd get some nice minifig pieces, and with the sets they'd come in, youd get castle pieces and other parts. but like boses said, I'd LOVE to see some brick built monsters.
Well, if LEGO was to do some brick built monsters I'd hope to see some Giants. Now, granted, there have been some great examples on this site of member's giants and I'm not dismissing them. I'd just like to see what LEGO could come with giants. There are other brick built mosters such as Beholders but basically I'd also rather see more "Fantasy" factions like the Skeletons.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Don't suppose we've had any official feedback on this thread?
Domino Gloria!
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I don't think we will, until possible new sets based on these ideas hit the shelves.
But I'll ask if there's any word to share about this.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Don't suppose we've had any official feedback on this thread?
Given certain exciting pieces of news about next January, and this idea of Bruce's from the first page of the thread -
Bruce N H wrote:Comic book heroes - I am generally NOT a proponent of licensed themes, but either a general Marvel or DC license would be very popular. Not just limited to specific movies (as in the Spider-Man license) or even a specific character (since the Batman line seemed to draw from movies/comics/cartoons/TV), but the ability to go across the whole universe of characters. As with Star Wars, this license could tap into a well established fan community that spans decades, so you get both kids and their parents excited.
- I think we have our answer.
Brickbeard
Gong Farmer

Post by Brickbeard »

I would love to see the fantasy theme return. It was by far my favorite castle theme of all time.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

A Crusades theme sounds good to me. Arabs vs. Europeans, with lots of cool castles that are sort of a mixture of European and Arabic influence.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Medieval Guy wrote:A Crusades theme sounds good to me. Arabs vs. Europeans, with lots of cool castles that are sort of a mixture of European and Arabic influence.
That would be great! Perhaps a bit more substantial than P.o.P :)
I'm still hopeing that TLG will make some Roman\Greek sets. Not just a taste in a random minifig line. :roll: I'm sure it would sell well, even a small battle pack would be great! :D