City Theme sets could use some road base plates

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

City Theme sets could use some road base plates

Post by Count Blacktron »

I'm often a fan of the LEGO City Theme sets available at retail. Many of them have great characters and features, but they all seem to be lacking something basic to my understanding of a Legoland. Road Base Plates! I understand that they are available from Shop @ Home and LEGO Brand stores, but for the Walmart and Target shoppers of the majority of the US of A they just don't get it. Integration and standard road plates for the building locations of the City theme would just work hand in hand.
Could future LEGO City Theme sets have a Road Plate added just for a few dollars more, just to prod City builders in the direction of paved streets?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: City Theme sets could use some road base plates

Post by architect »

All baseplates are outsourced and expensive to produce. I doubt that TLG makes much profit on the plates. So every set that has a plate would increase at least $5 per set.

I do agree that including the plates in sets is a good idea to spread the "City" system to children.

Ben
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: City Theme sets could use some road base plates

Post by Athos »

architect wrote:All baseplates are outsourced and expensive to produce. I doubt that TLG makes much profit on the plates. So every set that has a plate would increase at least $5 per set.
That's interesting. I'd have figured they'd be on the cheaper end of the spectrum. Guess I learn something new every other day...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]