2011 to 2012 castle set speculation

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Lobberuno
Laborer

Re: 2011 to 2012 castle set speculation

Post by Lobberuno »

Dr.Cogg wrote:If you look at the Lego Shop at Home Catalogue with the QAR on the front , when you look at the Kingdoms page ,look at the castle shadow at the top left corner of the Windmill set (not the kings castle on the right).
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8JF2E ... N2Y1&hl=es

A full view of the image from Lego Official Web Page (bakcground image) :wink:
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

hi

it looks like the remains of an old fortress or something like it.

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

It still looks to me like a silhouette view (at an angle, not head on) of a 7946 Kings Castle. It has the correct number of towers in the right places, if you have the 7946 at the correct angle-orientation in regards to the viewers POV.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Kosh wrote:It still looks to me like a silhouette view (at an angle, not head on) of a 7946 Kings Castle. It has the correct number of towers in the right places, if you have the 7946 at the correct angle-orientation in regards to the viewers POV.
Yes, there is definetly a silhouette of the 7946 in the picture, but over to the left and down a little bit, there is some other sort of building that is either on a hill or behind one. That building is the source of much of the speculation.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Halberd777
Laborer

Post by Halberd777 »

That's just King's Castle Siege after a long siege. Honestly I meant that as a Joke but that would be the closest castle to it unless plans for something like that for the dragons are under way.
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

Halberd777 wrote:That's just King's Castle Siege after a long siege. Honestly I meant that as a Joke but that would be the closest castle to it unless plans for something like that for the dragons are under way.
Yeah, I agree. I mean, what is the point of a tower if anyone can get in from the back? :P A better Dragon castle has been a long time in coming.
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
Halberd777
Laborer

Post by Halberd777 »

obviously time will tell however the recent Castle Age did have two castles, the Castle Siege and the Orcs so maybe just maybe we will get an opposite castle.
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

hi

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but, Lego could do a few castle expansions both for lions castle and Dragons.
The Lion Castle has a quite small area inside it's walls so it would be nice to add some room to it. I's something like it was done in the early years (80's) with the liking of 6040 blacksmith shop, 6041 armor shop, 6061 siege tower, 6042 battering ram, and 6067 guarded inn, of course it wouldn't need to be the same items, for exemple the blacksmith shop and the armor shop could be something more civilian like a tailor shop or a candle maker, the guarded in could be a artist school or a school for the education of the royal family.

For the Dragons it could be a training ground, a small pig or chicken fram (they also have to eat) or simply a few walls in order to make a castle of it. In this case it would have to bring extra pieces so we could adapt the modular desing to the 7947 prison tower crescue.

best regards

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Thoriun wrote:hi

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but, Lego could do a few castle expansions both for lions castle and Dragons.
The Lion Castle has a quite small area inside it's walls so it would be nice to add some room to it. I's something like it was done in the early years (80's) with the liking of 6040 blacksmith shop, 6041 armor shop, 6061 siege tower, 6042 battering ram, and 6067 guarded inn, of course it wouldn't need to be the same items, for exemple the blacksmith shop and the armor shop could be something more civilian like a tailor shop or a candle maker, the guarded in could be a artist school or a school for the education of the royal family.

For the Dragons it could be a training ground, a small pig or chicken fram (they also have to eat) or simply a few walls in order to make a castle of it. In this case it would have to bring extra pieces so we could adapt the modular desing to the 7947 prison tower crescue.

best regards

Thoriun
This really sounds a great idea :) The expansions would be a good extension to the 7946 King's Castle, and why not to release archers' training post (like or much better than the Ninjago 2516) with two archers minifigs and a mini wall. There's a lack of bows in these last sets, so maybe they make these sets with the bows included.

Btw, anybody knows if Falcon Knights oficially will be released as a faction in 2012? :o
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"