What rerelease would you want?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

What is bley color ? A combination of Blue and Grey ?

I'm agree with you: 6037 a true classic (in a negative way), but not a legend. A classic is something we remember a lot. And that is the case here. But a legend is something we liked a lot, and that's not the case here. :)

I'd like they rerelease 6060.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

David Girard wrote: I'd like they rerelease 6060.
Absolutely Brilliant!!!!

Not only does that set almost completely dodge the annoying "bley" issue, but it's really just a giant minifig pack that we could all appreciate.

I'd love to see that, for I was foolish and did not purchase any when K-Mart was selling them for $15 each. Unfortunately, I don't think that set was ever very popular, so it's not a very likely legend.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

6060 wasn't popular, because of a bad decision by TLC. It could have been popular. This is one of the greatest set Lego have done. Sadly TLC decide to release it only in United States. Why ? This set was so great. It was a mistake. People from everywhere in the world would have love it. It could have been a classic.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
rogue27 wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think that set was ever very popular, so it's not a very likely legend.
Nobody[1] outside the US would ever recognise 6060 as a legend because this set hasn't been broadly available in Europe. Sure, there has been 1584 that's the same model as 6060, but I only learnt about 1584 even after I learnt that 6060 existed. It's not been a regular set available in every toy store. If any.

So people would probably ... no they would of course like a 6060-rerelease because it is a beautiful model but they would never think it was a previously available set.

[1] unless they are AFOLs that is

Bye
Jojo

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

David Girard wrote:What is bley color ? A combination of Blue and Grey ?
Bley is the shortened term for the new grey colors. On Bricklink they are classified as Light Bluish Grey and Dark Bluish Grey, so Bley is an easier way to say it. Any way you say it, the new colors as replacements are terrible.

Will

Edited to fix my snipped quote. :D
Last edited by wlister on Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

any of the old castles would be nice. I would also like some of the fig sets that are from the yellow castle era and the black knight (just a guy on his hourse with euro armor.)
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Yellow Castle in Grey with real horses.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Dragon Master wrote:Yellow Castle in Grey with real horses.
And in real grey, please. We don't wanna see a blue "yellow Castle", do we?

Bye
Jojo

Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Jojo wrote:Hello!
Dragon Master wrote:Yellow Castle in Grey with real horses.
And in real grey, please. We don't wanna see a blue "yellow Castle", do we?

Bye
Jojo

I think either way it would be good. I mean eventually we'll have to build in blue gray so this set is a nice way to get a wide variety of the new colors. But it would look much better the old way :wink:

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

That would be 6060/1584
I don't care if it's a real legend, it is a nice and very usefull set :D

Or anything forestmen. The best would be all ;)

And I know, this is in no way near reality. But this is what I wish...
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I'll take any Castle set in any colours (I'll use whatever I can get, and even a poorly re-done classic beats a KK2 hands down. And it would be a good source of useful bley.)

But leave 6086 alone: I couldn't bear to see it in bley. And Brewn. Although I certainly buy it, make no mistake about that.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

whatever they give us :D

LR
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Formendacil wrote:I'll take any Castle set in any colours (I'll use whatever I can get, and even a poorly re-done classic beats a KK2 hands down. And it would be a good source of useful bley.)

But leave 6086 alone: I couldn't bear to see it in bley. And Brewn. Although I certainly buy it, make no mistake about that.
6086 is mostly black anyway :?
pwnage
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Emperor James wrote:
Formendacil wrote:I'll take any Castle set in any colours (I'll use whatever I can get, and even a poorly re-done classic beats a KK2 hands down. And it would be a good source of useful bley.)

6086 is mostly black anyway :?
Perhaps, but it has enough grey to make a remake trouble. Besides, I couldn't bear to see it redone any way other than completely original, and wishing for that is, quite frankly, pointless. :(
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Wolfpack tower...in the colors of old...