Classic-Castle.com


The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Restarting Castle?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Restarting Castle?

Postby theboywarrior » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:48 pm

In an article from years ago, a member of CC talked to a LEGO Castle designer. The designer (I assume he was the head of the Castle design team.) mentioned that the Crown Faction was based off the knights from this set. http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/0375.html The new Kingdoms Joust set comes with Falcon, as we all know, which means the Lions are revamped Crusaders. Are they revamping all the old factions in chronological order? Is the next faction in line the Black Knights? Am I totally insane?
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

Image
User avatar
theboywarrior
Steward
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:02 am
Location: Trenzalore. Help.

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby andhe » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 pm

theboywarrior wrote: The new Kingdoms Joust set comes with Falcon, as we all know, which means the Lions are revamped Crusaders. Are they revamping all the old factions in chronological order? Is the next faction in line the Black Knights? Am I totally insane?


Yes I fear you might be :P I'm thinking the inclusion of the black falcon knight is more a in-joke for AFOLs than an indication of future falcon sets. If we do see more kingdoms next year, I'd guess they would still be Lions vs Dragons.
Less talking, more MOCing.
User avatar
andhe
Barber-Surgeon
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: UK

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby SPACE MARINE » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Not quite in order, as Falcons were before dragons, but hopefully yes to a point. I think that none of us want new Fright Knights or KK 2.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams
User avatar
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:27 pm
Location: Crested Butte, CO

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby Tower of Iron Will » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:51 pm

LEGO loves giving us teases like the Black Falcon knight. Will they or won't they bring them back? Wait until you gain a few years so that you'll have more patience. For me, it looks like we will. I'm also guessing that we will have Elves(in place of or with Forestmen) during or after the Black Falcons run. But I'm to happy enjoying the Lions/Dragons Kingdoms to worry about it. Insane, you say? I left my sanity somewhere years ago... :roflol:
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
User avatar
Tower of Iron Will
Master
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:47 am
Location: Fortress of the Lion Emperor

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby Bluesecrets » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Gentlemen, as I said in the other thread about this set, the fig does not have black falcon torso. You are looking at armor, shields and barding that are new. They have in more than one case released a shield that was unique to sets or without figs for it. (See bridge tower, durstrum ship, and now the joust set)
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Image
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the room.

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby OverLoad » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:22 pm

SPACE MARINE wrote:I think that none of us want new Fright Knights or KK 2.


Certainly not KK2. That stuff was bleck. But in regard to Fright Knights, i wouldn't mind seeing a restarted(and much better designed. :wink: ) Fright Knights faction. Minus the crazy witch and the two rather horrible set designs (which i know make up most of the theme), the minifigures were kind of cool.

So really, if they were to start up with a bat themed Castle faction again, they should do it right. Gothic styled buildings with nicer figures in the same vein of "crazy bat loving maniacs" but with better set design wouldn't be too bad, IMO.
User avatar
OverLoad
Steward
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 am
Location: Windfall Island

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby andhe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:00 am

Bluesecrets wrote:Gentlemen, as I said in the other thread about this set, the fig does not have black falcon torso. You are looking at armor, shields and barding that are new. They have in more than one case released a shield that was unique to sets or without figs for it. (See bridge tower, durstrum ship, and now the joust set)


Doesn't the fact that he is refered to as a 'Falcon Knight' and carrying a Black falcon shield, imply that he is, in fact a Black Falcon Knight?

But agreed, just because they've printed a shield , it isn't an indication that TLG are gearing up for a full on Black Falcon invasion.
Less talking, more MOCing.
User avatar
andhe
Barber-Surgeon
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: UK

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby Bluesecrets » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Doesn't the fact that he is refered to as a 'Falcon Knight' and carrying a Black falcon shield, imply that he is, in fact a Black Falcon Knight?

But agreed, just because they've printed a shield , it isn't an indication that TLG are gearing up for a full on Black Falcon invasion.


Nope. It means they made a printed shield for this set. Like I said before, they have made sets in the past where shields existed without figs that match them.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Image
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the room.

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby porschecm2 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:50 am

The fact that we have a new shield with a bird on it does not mean that Black Falcons are returning. It is obvious to us AFOLs that it's a sly reference to the Black Falcons of yesteryear, but I don't think it betokens the grand "Return of the Black Falcons." Now, of course, it would be amazing if it did, but don't expect that until you've seen a full set based on this new heraldry, not simply a one-off minifig for fans.

Cm2
Image
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
User avatar
porschecm2
Councilor
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:31 am
Location: Texas

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby theboywarrior » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:41 am

porschecm2 wrote:The fact that we have a new shield with a bird on it does not mean that Black Falcons are returning.............it would be amazing if it did, but don't expect that until you've seen a full set based on this new heraldry, not simply a one-off minifig for fans.

Cm2



Why of course! I would hate to be eager for a Falcon return and have it not have it happen. Just, what's to stop it from happening? KK2 aside, all the discontinued factions are relatively popular, :wink: with the Black Falcons being pretty close to the top, from what I've seen. It would be interesting to see how far this flies. I just think, if you bring back a faction crest, there's a good chance the faction will follow eventually. Wasn't that Durmstrang Ship with the old Falcon shield released about the same time as the Legends? :raiseone:
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

Image
User avatar
theboywarrior
Steward
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:02 am
Location: Trenzalore. Help.

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby Bluesecrets » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:59 am

I just think, if you bring back a faction crest, there's a good chance the faction will follow eventually. Wasn't that Durmstrang Ship with the old Falcon shield released about the same time as the Legends? :raiseone:


But this is LEGO we are discussing. Logic does not mean that those thoughts will happen. We've been told that if a designer wants a part and can show need, it can exist for the set. This is a direct to consumers set, not a licensed or a Kingdoms line set. I would be more inclined to agree with you IF the fig in the set had the torso to match, but it does not.

The Legends were out in 2002 and the Durmstrang ship was 2005, so no your assumption was incorrect for that.

In addition, let us discuss the yellow black falcon shield and the fact that we NEVER got a yellow black falcon over all of those years it was produced.

I would welcome the return of the black falcon. It is one of my two factions for castle that I have kept and built rather decent sized armies of, but I'd rather we keep ourselves grounded and just be extremely happy that we have gotten a SWEET black shield, and not only one in the set, but three.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Image
User avatar
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: On the girls side of the room.

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby BiggerJim » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Bluesecrets wrote: This is a direct to consumers set, not a licensed or a Kingdoms line set.


Good point. I do hope we see more of our friend the new Falcon Knight in the future in the same way we saw more civilians after MMV. Although, that took a while didn't it.....
My store My Flickr TV-LUG
MOC's come and go....But sorting is forever.
User avatar
BiggerJim
Apprentice
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:05 am
Location: Nampa, ID

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby SPACE MARINE » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 pm

I really don't think the lack of a new torso disproves much, maybe the designers thought "Hey, everyone's gonna keep the cool armor on the dude, why bother with a new torso" or maybe the Falcons are vassals to the dragons in a sort of Norman-Saxon relationship, and the Falcon's like those Saxon knights. Although, I will admit,Lego has done some pretty sketchy stuff, so this might just be a little throwback, but can't we dream? You don't have to be the parent who tells her 5 year old there's no Santa.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams
User avatar
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:27 pm
Location: Crested Butte, CO

Re: Restarting Castle?

Postby Shadowviking » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:23 am

>implying that reusing or mimicking faction heraldry is anything new

Falcons/Eagles
1 1.5 2 2.5

Lions
1 2 3 3.5 4 4.5 5

Wolves
1 2

Dragons
1 2

Bulls
1 2

Just sayin'.
User avatar
Shadowviking
Councilor
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:04 pm
Location: Holland MI


Return to Dear LEGO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tedward and 1 guest