Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Lego Superheroes: Minifig series? Please opine!

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Lego Superheroes: Minifig series? Please opine!

Postby Reiniger » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:46 am

At last, my loyalty to Lego is diluted from pure Castle. I picked up the Lex Luthor Power Suit and the Batman/Catwoman chase sets, thus sealing my own doom for as long as Lego has the DC license. Inquiring minds - meaning me - want to know from people who might have a more informed opinion than me: what do you think Lego will do with the vast character selection they now have access to through the Marvel and DC licenses, most of whom aren't easily associated with a vehicle or location?

It seems that there are two possibilities, and both use methods Lego is already using for their in-house lines:

1) Have Marvel and DC minifigure series, one minifig to "mystery" bag.

2) Have small "Ninjago"-style single-figure sets/double-figure "versus" sets, where you know what you're getting.

I see either or both of these as a good way for folks to be able to populate their little Lego superhero universes without ending up with fifty Batmen after they had to buy the Batman/Firestorm set, Batman/Flash set, Batman/Green Arrow set, etc. Thoughts? Has anyone heard of TLG considering either one of these methods?

P.S. If anyone from Lego is reading: I want a Hall of Justice, please. And a Nightwing. That is all.
Pictures: mark_huffman.viewbook.com/portfolio

More pictures: http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/ ... ?start=all

Art-trade thread: http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/vie ... 260#175260
Reiniger
Villein

Re: Lego Superheroes: Minifig series? Please opine!

Postby Bluesecrets » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:56 am

This should be in the dear lego forum. I will move it for you. Thank you.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Postby andhe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 am

As the minifigures are probably one of the biggest draws of these, or even most, sets (be that licensed or un-licensed) it's highly unlikely that they would do this, As it's more profitable for them to put an exclusive figure in a large set, than sell that figure on its own.

I imagine that most heroes will turn up as supporting stars in Batman or Superman sets, capitalising on their 'brand'.

But a Justice League set with The Flash, Martian Manhunter and so on would be amazing.
Less talking, more MOCing.
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Postby Reiniger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:21 am

Of course, there'll be exclusives in big sets (a la Nightwing from Arkham Asylum), but:

1) There are so many well-known characters in the DC/Marvel universes that it'd take years and years to put them out there included in sets, and that strategy probably assumes people will be happy ending up with, like I said, fifty Batmen. That gets old, and I hope TLG doesn't do it.

2) Someone will buy a big set with an exclusive Martian Manhunter or Hawkman or Daredevil. They probably won't for Doctor Mid-nite or Hawk and Dove or Moon Knight. I'm thinking more along the lines of the B- and C-listers being part of minifig series or single/double-figure packs - there are plenty of better-known characters that can be included as exclusives to big sets.

Anyway, I think there's plenty of material for Lego to do both, and I hope they do.
Pictures: mark_huffman.viewbook.com/portfolio

More pictures: http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/ ... ?start=all

Art-trade thread: http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/vie ... 260#175260
Reiniger
Villein

Return to Dear LEGO