1x1 bricks.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Sir Vincent
Steward

1x1 bricks.

Post by Sir Vincent »

I think lego should release a bulk pack 100 1x1 bricks...they are very useful when building houses and other castle buildings...what are your views on this?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

1x1s, obtained in the same quantities as others, such as 2x1s, tend to be the ones I'm most likely to run out of. A pack with just 1x1s would therefore be useless to me.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

A pack with 1 x 1's would be very useful in Black as a decent sized wattle a daub house can take up to 100 black 1 x 1's. If you build in that style using 1 x 1's, you can quickly run out. Of course if you build using 1 x 1 round bricks, you'd want a pack of those. :wink:

Another pack with 1 x 2's with different colors would be great as well. Packs with 100 1 x 2's in old light grey, old dark grey, black and a variety of other colors would be useful. One color per pack, not a mix. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Assorted packs would be better than just plain 1x1's.
Troy T. Moore
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

This would really be nice - if they do packs of 1x2s, 2x4s, and so on, why not 1x1s?

And as said before, these would be invaluble to people who do tudor style houses - I seem to be constantly running out.

Please do this Lego! It is a basic and simple thing to do.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Personally, I would rather see packs of 1x3's before we see packs of 1x1's. Or 2x2 corner bricks. I never run out of 1x1's, really. I do see the point about the Tudor Houses though.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Odd values all around. How about some 1x5's. I'd also love to see a 3x3 plate. Sometimes the tyranny of the even-studded bricks throws extra challenges into the building process. Not that the challenge is bad per se, but so many times I've thought, "dang, I wish I had a 3-wide version of this" etc.

-Heresy alert- odd values would also be nice in Space building. I'd love to see some wedge plates that came to a central point of 1 stud so that my spaceships' noses could be less blunt.
-okay, sorry, back to thinking about castles . ;)

Bruce
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Troy T. Moore wrote:Assorted packs would be better than just plain 1x1's.
Troy, Troy. Troy...

We already have/had assorted packs. Assorted packs are a common item. We also get assorted bricks from the creator tubs. Just plain 1 x 1's have not been done. Hence the Dear Lego can we have... :wink: :D

Will
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Troy, Troy. Troy...

We already have/had assorted packs. Assorted packs are a common item. We also get assorted bricks from the creator tubs. Just plain 1 x 1's have not been done. Hence the Dear Lego can we have...

Will
Ok, you are correct. Personally I don't see the point of just 1x1's, for myself. Most sets come with small bricks and lots of poops in the last little while. Having more bricks and less poops would be a priority (you know, like the way it used to be?) Anyways, sure, bring on the 1x1's and while you are at it bring back the greys!
Troy T. Moore
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Troy T. Moore wrote: Ok, you are correct. Personally I don't see the point of just 1x1's, for myself. Most sets come with small bricks and lots of poops in the last little while. Having more bricks and less poops would be a priority (you know, like the way it used to be?) Anyways, sure, bring on the 1x1's and while you are at it bring back the greys!
Always good to hear that I am right. :wink:

I am always a strong supporter of bricks instaed of poops. I have tub full of poops and that just doesn't sound right. :wink: As to bringing back the greys, Hear! Hear!

Will