Lego Prices

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

some kids act like those %$#@ cable wires and joysticks are their life support... I wonder what would happen if I turned it off. And they say I don't have a life...

Exactly! We can blame video games too! :wink:
Once I went to a friends house he had an Xbox, Playstation, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, gameboy, gameboy colour, gameboy advance..............................
I asked him if he had any lego, he said he didnt know what that was.
All he had was some crummy copy of megablocks.(it must be crummy)
The only good thing that can possibly come out of this is if the power goes out for a couple of days...Then He'll learn to appreatiate Lego. :P
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

TheOrk wrote:Quote
some kids act like those %$#@ cable wires and joysticks are their life support... I wonder what would happen if I turned it off. And they say I don't have a life...

Exactly! We can blame video games too! :wink:
Once I went to a friends house he had an Xbox, Playstation, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, gameboy, gameboy colour, gameboy advance..............................
I asked him if he had any lego, he said he didnt know what that was.
All he had was some crummy copy of megablocks.(it must be crummy)
The only good thing that can possibly come out of this is if the power goes out for a couple of days...Then He'll learn to appreatiate Lego. :P
What is it with people dissing video games...you just blame them for every lego problem in the world...do you expect everyone to know about and care about lego? Maybe people have different interests...in closing stop saying bad things about video games...besides not all gamers are like that... :wink:
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I Love video games. I'm talking about super nerds here.
Not your average joe. But meh bla bla bla bla....
On somthing related to the actual topic, I found some real lego in a dollar store.
They was a set with a Black falcon and a small 10 peice catapult and a kk1 guy with a two cross bows.
At least I found a place where the price of lego is down not up. :D
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

BLACK FALCONS! AAAUUUGGGHH!!! WHERE! WHERE!!! :lol:
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

TheOrk wrote:On somthing related to the actual topic, I found some real lego in a dollar store.
They was a set with a Black falcon and a small 10 peice catapult and a kk1 guy with a two cross bows.
At least I found a place where the price of lego is down not up.
The second set mentioned seems to be the Defense Archer. Do you have a picture of the Black Falcon set? I don't know of any small catapults with only one Falcon fig.

I have to respond to the video game comments, even if it it is wildly off topic. While one might blame the popularity of video games for the decline in Lego's sales (and they are probably partially right), you can hardly blame them for what some call stupidity among today's youth. Studies have shown that video games help improve problem solving skills and coordination, just like Lego does. The main difference is that video games don't usually let you stretch your creative legs, but with Lego giving us more and more one use pieces and spoon-feeding us a story line, it looks like they're heading in that direction too.
It's unfair to say that kids today are dumber than kids in the past (or vice versa), and imprudent to base your opinion on what toys they're playing with (My best friend owns almost every video game system ever released, and is an avid gamer. He is also an excellent artist and writer, has a keen interest in and a firm understanding of science, mathematics and literature and graduated near the top of our class.) or even what they're studying in school (Sure, kids are doing increasingly more complicated work in school, but you'll also find that more and more kids are having trouble doing even the simplest arithmetic without the aid of a calculator).
I'm sorry to be so far off-topic for so long, but I really think it's silly that people are arguing about things like this.

Back on topic, I'm much more concerned about the quality of today's sets than I am about the price. I'm more than willing to pay a high price for an excellent toy, but I don't feel that that's what we're getting lately.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

First Off I agree with every thing doctorsparkles said.

As for the Black Falcon it was the ordinary soldier (like the one from the lonefalcon story)
Both these sets were in bags, after looking it up, the kk1 was the defence archer. The other I can't find anywhere on the net.
The catapult looked alot like set 1917 kings catapult.
I'd say it was the same set exept instead of having the Royal knight it had a black falcon.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

TheOrk wrote:First Off I agree with every thing doctorsparkles said.

As for the Black Falcon it was the ordinary soldier (like the one from the lonefalcon story)
Both these sets were in bags, after looking it up, the kk1 was the defence archer. The other I can't find anywhere on the net.
The catapult looked alot like set 1917 kings catapult.
I'd say it was the same set exept instead of having the Royal knight it had a black falcon.
What was the falcon number? I just dreamed that I found a store that had old Lego sets, and the misery I endured when I woke was disasterous, so I need about.... 150 of each, I would say, at $1 a piece :wink:
pwnage
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I grew up in the 80s with Atari 2600 and NES games, AND Lego, so I don't think having video games takes away an interest in Lego.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

rogue27 wrote:I grew up in the 80s with Atari 2600 and NES games, AND Lego, so I don't think having video games takes away an interest in Lego.

That was the world of the past, man. Even a few years ago, video games didn't do this much damage. It isn't the classic "addictive" video games that are the problem, it is the rpg games (especially the online ones) that allow people to lose themselves in a world where their imperfections do not exist. My brother is like that, does nothing but sit in front of a computer screen and play Final Fantasy 11 since the girl he has had a crush on for so long got a boyfriend. He is far too nerdy and fat to have a healthy life, so he plays the game to forget his troubles. It is like a drug. His grades, which were straight A's as he is very smart, have gone down to B's. I do think video games are responsible for the decline of Lego.
pwnage
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Emperor James wrote:
rogue27 wrote:I grew up in the 80s with Atari 2600 and NES games, AND Lego, so I don't think having video games takes away an interest in Lego.

That was the world of the past, man. Even a few years ago, video games didn't do this much damage. It isn't the classic "addictive" video games that are the problem, it is the rpg games (especially the online ones) that allow people to lose themselves in a world where their imperfections do not exist. My brother is like that, does nothing but sit in front of a computer screen and play Final Fantasy 11 since the girl he has had a crush on for so long got a boyfriend. He is far too nerdy and fat to have a healthy life, so he plays the game to forget his troubles. It is like a drug. His grades, which were straight A's as he is very smart, have gone down to B's. I do think video games are responsible for the decline of Lego.

You might have a point here. I don't play any of the MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online RPGs) because I don't want to spend all of my time in one, but I have played RPGs on NES, SNES, PlayStation, GameCube, and computer and I think they actually fuel my interest in Castle Lego more than anything. I also read fantasy novels from time to time, and some of them are very inspiring while others are not.

Anyway, I do notice that today's games are often very "dumbed down", at least in the early stages, because they are trying to attract a wider audience nowdays and that includes dumber people that would not normally play video games in the past. The old 80s video games were usually much more difficult than the ones you find today. Likewise, the old 80s Lego was much better than what you find today. :)

Maybe the 80s were the pinnacle of modern civilization.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Sir Vincent wrote: What is it with people dissing video games...you just blame them for every lego problem in the world...do you expect everyone to know about and care about lego? Maybe people have different interests...in closing stop saying bad things about video games...besides not all gamers are like that... :wink:
We "diss" video games because it is widely known that video games have been the major cause of all the worlds problems. :wink:

Seriously though, video games have decimated the toy industry in general. The gaming industry has also been blamed partially for the demise of the comic book industry. Kids, adults aged 18 - 30 and parents only have a limited amount of money and video games have taken the Lion's share of the entertainment budgets. In 2003, the video game industry beat out the movie industry for the first time. 2004 has been slow, but video games have definitly had a financial impact on many entertainment based industries.

The rest of the blame for the death of comics can be put squarely on the shoulders of Rob Liefeld. :wink: (If you watched the demise of the comic book industry the way I did, you would know who he is.)

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

We "diss" video games because it is widely known that video games have been the major cause of all the worlds problems. :wink:

I'm sure theres at least 5 other major causes I.E hippies, video games, lego prices.........

Going off topic I'd say comics killed themselves.(Rob Liefeld and many more)
But I've noticed all the old popular comics gigoe,transformers,Heman,Spiderman,Xmen even Conan have BrandNew comics, so I'd say the only thing killing comics is the ridiculis price for number of pages you get 10-20.
they should make comics their original price and while at it do it to lego to!!! :lol: