Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Dear lego......large castles

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Re: Dear lego......large castles

Postby Bluesecrets » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:14 pm

So lets discuss this...first of all castle does get some good LEGO loving every so often..I mean come on MMV was a dream! Now the joust set...not my thing but it was/is good too. Both marketed toward the AFOLs not so much the kids. You know...the exclusives.

Castle is an evergreen line, but...have you really been very happy with the castle sets...other than the figs and accessories? Really? I look at the sets and think..."oh joy more big wall pieces..." by the way...I loathe big wall pieces. They take up too much room, and they just aren't something I like/want to build with. It's a personal preference for my own building. Every line that comes out...more and more people say "it's so...juniorized." But we never know what is coming next...

Unfortunately, one can't compare castle with Star Wars. SW is the highest selling line...kids and adults want those ships. Yes, they will make huge sets for it and they will sell.

Would a big castle be nice? Well sure...but I almost think I would look at it as a parts pack instead of a castle. Why? Because I like building castles MY way and as bad as this is going to sound...no way LEGO will build them that way.

So sure...bring a big castle. One day I might build in bley...

But if you want to make me happy...give me one or both of the Frozen castles. Both are nice, big, and they would be epic full of amazing details.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Postby timber_wolf899 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Forzen castles are nice, but can't we have big and detailed in a non license?

That's what i'm wanting, something of the quality of MMV, in fortress form.
Domino Gloria!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Postby OverLoad » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm

While I typically only buy sets for various bits and bobs and especially the minifigures, I can add to the fact that I'd be much more inclined to buy a larger set if it was truly something out of the ordinary than say 7946 King's Castle from Kingdom's line. A UCS styled Castle would be quite the dream, and I might actually build the set rather than just siphoning the parts and minifigures for my own MOCing reasons.

Bluesecrets wrote:But if you want to make me happy...give me one or both of the Frozen castles. Both are nice, big, and they would be epic full of amazing details.

Or an Arendele town square scene, complete with various nobles from all over the world of Frozen (which I suppose is just the world of Disney Princesses, no?). I too would be unable to resist Elsa's ice castle if it were ever to be a set.
OverLoad
Steward

Postby Bluesecrets » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Forzen castles are nice, but can't we have big and detailed in a non license?

That's what i'm wanting, something of the quality of MMV, in fortress form.

Will it sell? I've heard that castle is a very "niche" area of the AFOL world. That we aren't as big as we think maybe we are. I have no data to back that up. I know we were given two really amazing sets, well out of the price of the target age group. But it comes back to...will it sell? Will the test group of kids that are used like it? It just seems like a big risk.

But then who am I to step on your wishes and wants? Dream! Dream big! Why not?

Or an Arendele town square scene, complete with various nobles from all over the world of Frozen (which I suppose is just the world of Disney Princesses, no?). I too would be unable to resist Elsa's ice castle if it were ever to be a set.

I don't want to hijack this thread with discussion of Frozen. I'll start my own thread about the Disney castles so we can discuss it there.
~ Brickshelf~Flickr~

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets

Postby Lil_Curt » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:40 am

I came out my dark ages 2 years ago. I didnt have a chance at mill village or MMV. How ever I have 2 kingdoms joust looking at adding 1-2 more. And 2 kingdows chess sets. If a large castle came out that was brick built, at this time I would buy 2 with out much thought. :)
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
Lil_Curt
Journeyman

Previous

Return to Dear LEGO