Dear LEGO - Disney castles and other castle type content

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Dear LEGO - Disney castles and other castle type content

Post by Bluesecrets »

Hi LEGO employee who may be reading this.

Thank you for reading it, I'm honored that you may find it worth a consideration.

I'm a HUGE Friends Disney Princess line fan...as you may know from how often I say just how amazing it is here, and in the ambassador world. HUGE fan...HUGE. The sets and figures and details are just completely wonderful. You have many FFOLs and non-building adult fans just THRILLED to pieces. Even senior citizen females love these sets.

It took me over a month to complete my collection of all of the sets because they were selling out instantly everywhere around me and we're talking 3 major cities. Which thrilled me to no end that there was so much success.

If I may offer some suggestions for sets you may like to add to the line:

A big castle...Cinderella's was nice, but I want bigger Sleeping Beauty's or either Frozen Castle or the castle in Aladin or Beast's castle...just a really really nice castle...

A castle garden...all castles have them and they are in the Disney movies

A castle banquet/ball room

And please don't forget that we like the bad guys too.

You have princesses in every single area that castle spans...please don't neglect all of those. We love desert castles (says the woman who pretty much builds those exclusively), we love medieval castles, we love the castles from Japan and China, we love modern castles, we even love underwater castles.

We even love the Disney animated movies that aren't princess...and the thoughts of a RobinHood set pretty much would make me just as happy as any additional Princess set.

Thank you very much for reading. I appreciate it.

Blue
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: Dear LEGO - Disney castles and other castle type content

Post by Athos »

I agree. I was kind of disappointed to see the castle was a Cinderella castle, since very little of the movie's action took place there and because we'd already gotten a Cinderella set. Sleeping Beauty would be a nice set, since it is the iconic Disney castle.

A cottage with Snow White and a dwarf or two might be nice too. And, though it would be kind of weird for a Friends set, my little girl thinks the Jungle Book is the best movie ever. I'd like to see a Friends scale take on Wonderland, myself.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I'm pretty sure Cinderella's castle took center stage because of Walt Disney World. And because while most of the film takes place away from it, the ball takes place there, and that's where Cinderella wears her "princess" gown and meets Prince Charming and basically becomes the foremost Disney Princess.

Unfortunately, the Disney Princess merchandise franchise, including the LEGO sets, has less to do with the actual films than it does with the glamorous images of the individual Princess characters. So we're unlikely to see any Villains, or sets that accurately recreate pivotal scenes in the movies. Toymakers seem to think girls aren't interested in dramatic tension.

Also, I don't imagine we'll get any sets related to Frozen until Elsa and Anna are officially folded into the Disney Princess brand, which won't happen as long as they're so popular under their own title. Once it does happen, though, we'd better get that ice palace toute suite!

All that said, there are some lovely parts being introduced in this line. The heart-shaped gems are great (they should make them in red too), I like the golden wheels on Cinderella's coach, and I picked myself up the clock face from her castle on Bricklink. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the new curly plant piece first showed up in an Ariel set. There's a lot of untapped potential in this license--here's hoping it's realized!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

If the rumors are true...and the set list released is true. I am a super happy princess loving girl. Thank you for continuing this line! So happy with it.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!