ABS Swords

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

kor wrote:I just wanted to throw my opinion in here. I, as most of you, was very dissapointed with the new swords being made of PP instead of ABS. Until I found this thread I thought no one else had noticed and I was the oddball for letting it bother me.
Welcome to Classic-Castle!

Actually, you were right about being the oddball. Just not the only oddball. We're all oddballs!

Okay, I'm kidding.

Mostly.....

Personally, I never minded when the swords changed, but I was only about 8 when we saw our first PP sword, and since we got Lego about twice a year (and not necessarily Castle at that), it was new, "Cool" thing rather than a horrific new happening.
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

Is that what the difference is. I had noticed that my Katana wasn't holding a coat of paint because it was too flexible, but I hadn't known that was because it wasn't ABS. I happen to have a couple ABS swords, and looking at them now they do[i/] look a lot better than than the new stuff I have. The only thing th polypropylene is good for is those huge Bionicle armor pieces.

So, Lego, please do give us back our ABS swords!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.