What kind of Helmet do you want?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Roman
29%
Greek
16%
Viking
24%
Prussian
5%
Egyptian
8%
Other
18%

Total votes: 38

TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

This poll is same as the weapon and armour polls. Except for helmets. I just hope TLC is taking notes. 8)
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I want a new crown!
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

jamitjames wrote:I want a new crown!
A crown? I thought about adding that but, technicl-ly a crown is not a helmet.(all the previous kings just wanted to feel special with a helmet made out of gold.)

I voted for a prussian helmet because it has a spike on top, so it can be used in any theme.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Greek.

Mainly because I like its aesthetic look the most, which is a purely personal opinion. This is irregardless of what particular style of Greek helmet we are discussing.

For what its worth, I would use none of them in their proper context, so it really doesn't matter to me.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Viking.
I have always wanted a viking helmet. Heck - I always wanted a Viking theme..
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I chose 'other,' because I'm actually pretty happy with the selection that's been offered to us. I wouldn't mind seeing some more visored or grilled type helms to go with the Euro armor, but if we don't see any more, I won't care. I also wouldn't mind see some more fantastical helmets, but I can't think of anything in particular that I would like.
I'd be much happier if LEGO put out some more castle friendly hats and some more hairstyles. Of course, that's only because I can't find a hair piece for my sig fig that actually resembles me (medium length, parted in the middle).
I think the best situation would be if LEGO stopped making new, unnecessary molds and just included more of the styles they've already made. Lots of variety is great if you're making lots of specialized figures, but I'd much rather see a lot of a few types of helmets so I can build some uniform armies. Besides, new molds mean higher costs for LEGO, which means that we pay more for a set.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I'm rather pleased with Red Bean's Viking and Greek helmets, so I voted for Roman, though there are a variety of Greek helmets I'd like to see.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Skull Caps...
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sir Vincent wrote:Skull Caps...
I use the stocking caps that come with a lot of the newer town sets as skull caps.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I'd like to see Viking helmets. Be very useful for Orcs.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

doctorsparkles wrote:
I use the stocking caps that come with a lot of the newer town sets as skull caps.
Stocking caps?
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

LEGOFREAK wrote:Viking.
I have always wanted a viking helmet. Heck - I always wanted a Viking theme..

Yeh....... A viking theme would be awesome..... I also agree that Red bean's stuff is awesome, but a variatly in greek and roman helmets/armor would be awesome.

Hey maybe these 'rouge knights' will be greek/roman. :mrgreen:

Dave
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sir Vincent wrote:
doctorsparkles wrote:
Stocking caps?
This one: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/530
I think it's good for a skull cap or arming cap.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

SKM from BZPower wrote:I'd like to see Viking helmets. Be very useful for Orcs.
:D

I'm quite pleased with the helmet poll compared to others because people are voting for different things, not just one.
Ja_izzle
Apprentice

Post by Ja_izzle »

I voted egyptian, not because i think it would be useful, or because i would use it in my army, but nobody else really voted for it, and i would have liked to see what type of egyptian helmets TLC might come out with.

Jason
Beware Avatre, Fire of the Dawn, for she swoops like golden fury from above.......

[url=http://www.neahkahnie.k12.or.us/~jasonw/homepage.htm][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/blackjack ... rise12.jpg[/img][/url]