please...

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
mcrankinchuk
Villein

Post by mcrankinchuk »

CAI wrote:I just don't understand their reason. How do Vikings not appeal to North Americans, especially Canadians?

Not just because they are cool,.. but there is a rich viking history here to.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, try searching for "l'anse aux meadows vikings" in google. :D
Agreed. I am well aware of Viking history because in live in Eastern Canada. There are Canadian Heritage commercials that portray parts of Newfoundland as places rich in Viking history. It isn't great history...from what I can gather, they came to Newfoundland and slaughtered settlers/natives.

There is a history. A history that goes as deep as Quebec. Especially Baie-Comeau. A small town with a deep Viking story. Their major junior hockey team is named the Drakkar. As shown here.http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.ph ... _equipe=11

The meaning of the name is explained
4-Baie-Comeau Drakkar. Many people were unaware what this name meant when they first encountered it..but readers of the "Asterix" comic books definitely knew that a drakkar is the longship Vikings used in their expeditions. And there is historical evidence of Viking expeditions having reached as far into the mouth of the St.Lawrence river, where Baie-Comeau is located. Full marks for originality on the logo, with a Viking ship breaking through the ice, and with the orrs replaced by hockey sticks.
I want the Vikings line. Badly. If it takes S@H to get it, that's what I'll do. As long as I can get it without paying through the nose.
Snap Dracone
Freeman

Post by Snap Dracone »

Dear LEGO,

As one of the few devout Bionicle fans on this site, I bring you a word from the rest of them (in the U.S./Canada): We are enraged that we will not be getting the Viking line in stores. On a forum devoted primarily to [Bionicle] MOCing, not one of the North American members was not annoyed about the lack of vikings in North America. The same sentiment could be said of the majority of the members on a general Bionicle site. As soon as we first saw pictures, the Vikings line instantly went on everyone's favorites list for LEGO 2005.

Since the majority of these are teens and older children (your target audience), and might not have as easy access to purchasing on S@H, the lack of release of the Vikings line in stores is a sore blow to them, and as such a really bad mistake. On the first site mentioned, just about everybody hated (and that is exactly what they said) the actual dinosaurs in the Dinosaurs line – they're pretty much incompatible with the older dinos, don't look like LEGO much at all, and are essentially one- or few-pieced.

From these two samples (although a very small portion of LEGO fandom, I predict the same sentiments would extend further) it is easy to see that the Vikings line is wanted much more than the dinosaurs; I would say at least twice. So think of it this way: if dinos=1 and Vikings=2, then 1+2 (the current Europe/America release plan) is considerably less than [1+2]+[1+2], which I predict would be the sales of both Vikings and Dinosaurs released in both continents in stores.

For a final note, I have yet to hear any European LEGO fan express disappointment for not getting the Dinosaur sets, where as most American fans I have heard are frankly irked by the sole release of the Vikings line on S@H.

So, a question and a request, which I believe would be shared by most American Bionicle fans (I cannot speak for others): "Why no Vikings for the U.S. stores?" and "Please release the Vikings line in stores."

–Snap Dracone, teen fan of LEGO.
What's the point of having a cake if you're not going to eat it?
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Jojo wrote: And now you support me in my plea for TLC to bring back the old greys and brown. That's been a marketing decision of the same quality as the decision on the Viking releases.
Amen to that Jojo, the return of classic colors would be the equivalent of a full-fledged miracle to me. All we can do now is hope TLC answers the call as fast as thay answered Nathan's :P ...
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
The_Fright_Knight
Laborer

Post by The_Fright_Knight »

And when you do, don't make them Toys 'R' Us exclusives!
(By the way, I like the 'one-piece light-up Dinos')
"Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
-Bilbo Baggins
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

The_Fright_Knight wrote:And when you do, don't make them Toys 'R' Us exclusives!
What a pointless revival...

The Vikings are openly available in stores throughout the world (yes, that also means North America). This topic was last updated over a year ago. Why on earth did you post in it? :roll:

- Matt
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Sir Kohran wrote:
The_Fright_Knight wrote:And when you do, don't make them Toys 'R' Us exclusives!
What a pointless revival...

The Vikings are openly available in stores throughout the world (yes, that also means North America). This topic was last updated over a year ago. Why on earth did you post in it? :roll:

- Matt
Ouch... while you may have a point... I think there must be a better way... :wink:
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]