please...

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

please...

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Dear LEGO Company, Jake McKee, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, or whoever might be listening.

Please. Please. Please. Release the LEGO Viking Line in North America. Look at the thread here at CC.

People are excited, are longing for this line. We think the Viking line is one of your best yet. So please, either confirm that this rumor about Non-North America Vikings is false, or please reconsider your decision. Not all Americans and Canadians demand one-piece light-up Dinos. There are a lot of us who long for quality sets with great pieces, well-designed models, and cool-looking minfigs. The Viking line has these. Please. I was planning one buying over $300 worth of LEGO Viking sets this year. If they are only released to Europe, then I'm not sure I'll be spending as much at all.

Please, LEGO Company, release the LEGO Viking line to North America.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

yes, please! I've never been so exited about a theme, I was planning to spend alot of money on them, but I can't spend my money if I can't buy them right?
I'm begging you! *sniff*
:cry:
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Re: please...

Post by Blueandwhite »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Not all Americans and Canadians demand one-piece light-up Dinos.
Do ANY Americans or Canadians demand one-piece light-up Dinos :P ?

Seriously, I support you on this. I hope that LEGO does reconsider.

Later.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Please give us Vikings! I was looking foward to getting these actual "sets." I haven't purchased any set since Black Falcon's Fortress Legend for the actual set itself. I wanted these sets becuase they are great! I looked forward to putting a longboat on my shelf!

Please don't do this! Vikings please!

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

you WILL be able to acquire Vikings in North America this year - just not through retail.
Wow...that was fast! :D

Thank you LEGO Company!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I support you in this. All LEGO sets and lines should be available in every country (country that's in general a serious market for LEGO).

Bye
Jojo

And now you support me in my plea for TLC to bring back the old greys and brown. That's been a marketing decision of the same quality as the decision on the Viking releases.
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
sam89
Peasant

Post by sam89 »

I support you in this. All LEGO sets and lines should be available in every country (country that's in general a serious market for LEGO).
So why aren't the D.I.N.O sets available in Europe then? :?

I know the dinosaurs aren't exactly great but the vehicles look pretty good.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Jojo wrote:And now you support me in my plea for TLC to bring back the old greys and brown. That's been a marketing decision of the same quality as the decision on the Viking releases.

Done and DONE!!

I am all for the return (in some form) of classic grey! And personally, no marketing decision LEGO makes can be as bad as the elimination of classic grey (and brown)! That canb be described as the worst decision ever!!!

Making new LEGO that is incompatable with my collection does not appeal to me in the slightest :x !!

Later.
Farithdir
Villein

Post by Farithdir »

I recently spoke to my 9 year old nephew about the Viking lines, and he was very dissapointed when he learned that he would not be able to obtain them. Thank you so much for this lego, on behalf of my young brethren.[/b]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

He can still get them. Just order over the internet :D
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
CAI
Journeyman

Post by CAI »

I just don't understand their reason. How do Vikings not appeal to North Americans, especially Canadians?

Not just because they are cool,.. but there is a rich viking history here to.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, try searching for "l'anse aux meadows vikings" in google. :D
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Cyin]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

You know, I'm honestly not too upset that I'll only be able to get the Vikings sets through Shop @ Home.
I tend to make small, impulse purchases when I go to stores, so if they were available in retail, I would likely waste a whole lot of money on small sets that I don't really want, and I probably wouldn't end up with any of the big ones.
If they're only available through Shop @ Home, I'll make one or two large purchases and get everything I need. Quick and easy.
I know this won't work out quite so well for some other people here, but it works for me.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

I don't really mind that you can only get them at S@H, I useally have to buy my Lego that way because their is no TRU near us, and WallMart has a bad selection.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I guess Lego forgot about the Vikings making their way here to N. America. tsk tsk tsk....

I still don't understand why they would limit Vikings to Europe...
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Come on TLC, make this a wide release here in North America rather than just at S@H. I had planned on getting all of these sets in fairly high multiples, but not if I have to pay shipping for them. I had been banking on about $2000 in purchases just for Viking sets this year. Add shipping to that and I'll likley not bother buying more than one or two sets. I hate paying shipping for retail sets. Looks like I'll be getting that Flatscreen TV instead. :cry:

Hear! hear! to the color change issue, it was bad decision and I am positive it had significant financial repercussions from AFOLs. I know the change affected my poketbook. I took a 16-day all inclusive holiday for 2 with the money I saved this year.

The color change dropped my purchases from about $7000.00 in 2003 to about $2000.00 in 2004 and most of that purchasing was from Bricklink and the old color assortments from S@H.

Will