What sort of Castle theme would you like to see?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What Castle theme would you like to see?

Hundred Years War
43%
Hurry up and tell me your ideas so I can put in something else!
57%

Total votes: 58

E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

TLG has really missed out on the recent Ninja craze - I think that would sell well with children and AFOL's alike. I also like the idea of Germaniac Blackfalcons.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Oh! The Anglo-Scot War! aka The Wallace War! (as I like to call it). I'd love to add kilt wearing claymoresmen to my collection! Wallace would be cool bt only if they based the fig off of the staue in Lanark (I think). Any one else agree?
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

pheonix
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

pheonix
Well that was enlightening. No, please, try to trim down your responses a bit. The excessive length and description makes it very hard to read the whole thing in one sitting.
:roll:

Oh! The Anglo-Scot War! aka The Wallace War! (as I like to call it). I'd love to add kilt wearing claymoresmen to my collection! Wallace would be cool bt only if they based the fig off of the staue in Lanark (I think). Any one else agree?
Marginally. I think a 'Clansman' sort of faction would be very cool. However, I think it's clear that TLG isn't going to base their designs on a direct historical parallel but rather either a fantasy version of the same, or a very loose interpretation.

So I would say - a Highland faction would be cool. But a 'Wallace' faction is improbable.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Post by Danju the Clever »

DnD sets would be awesome! I would also like MOE for its great source of peasants. So I vote Merry Olde England and DnD tied.
xbloodyfangs
Laborer

Crusaders

Post by xbloodyfangs »

I would like to see the return of crusaders as they are my favorite faction :D .
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Yeah,I would like to se some additions to old castle themes...
Forestmen,Crusaders,Black Flacons....

Besides,TLC can do some licences,they really have good materials...
There is so many myths and legends...
C'mon LEGO,try lil'bit harder...
Ayden
Apprentice

Post by Ayden »

I would love to see a really good fantasy theme with elves, humans, dwarfs and goblins with big castles, a ship, more forest based sets, more monsters to battle, figure and acesory packs, and more medevil town stuff. *Sigh* if only I was in charge of designing theme and sets... XD

Also like a few ppl said, D&Dish theme would be cool, even though I dont play it I know that it wouldhave tons of cool pieces. It would be cool if LEGO made a steampunk theme too, with airships and steam powerd mechas created by master inventors and all that :P
Well, the non-license ideas are interesting, but I'm not sure about Warcraft, D&D or Lord of the Rings. Why?

Warcraft - You could make sets of any size, including new equipment and great characters, making a great collectible serie. But Warcraft is about violence and demons, and Lego would never create such a theme.

Lord of the Rings - The monsters looks great, the characters are cool, a vast array of set possibility... but how would you recreate a Lego version of Orthanc or Minas Tirith with the same great looking? Only in your MOCs, man!

D&D - Well, this is a great idea. Fantasy in every set, with cool creatures and adventures. But how many little kids does know D&D? The castle theme is rated 6+/7+ (vikings)... I'm not sure I was at 6 when I first played D&D. Let's remember that Lego cares mainly about kids of these ages.

About Hordesman's idea, I like the sets! The names are a bit odd to me, but the idea is cool.
Has to agree with hm though. And as for the guy who had the "Orkage" Idea I did try to start a fantasy theme but it failed due to lack of interest and my internet crashing. Maybe I'll atempt it again and see if more people are interested. :D
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

The Hordesman wrote:Knights le fleur vs Orkagg

Knights le fleur are white and blue clad knights in classic Lego style, but also have sugarloaf helmets (with attachable plumes), longbows and bastard swords among their equipment. Each set of this faction contains a peasant or more. One set is a village with wall being under siege by the Orkagg. The faction is lead by the wise cleric-king Albadon. Each knight has his own design but are sold seperately from other sets, while footmen and archers are in every set.

Orkaggs are a faction of Orcs, Goblins and Ogres (trolls but sand green) which uses items such as pitchforks, scimitars and slingshots among their new equipment (ok, pitchforks arent new). They are lead by the mischevious Goblin King.

Sets:

Goblin Hut:
Small set with 1 goblin. A secret treasure chest is hidden in the hut.

Warriors:
Contains 1 captain, 2 archer, 2 soldier, 1 ogre 2 goblins and 2 orcs.

Outskirt Dangers:
A small field and a bridge, the peasant can trick the orcs by cutting down the bridge. Contains 2 orcs and 1 brave peasant.

Orkagg Siege Engine:
The orcish catapult (trebutchet) is on its way to Castle le Fleur. Will the captain and his men be able to stop them? Contains 1 ogre, 2 orcs, 3 goblins, 2 human archers and 1 captain.

Village Siege:
The village walls are being breached! Will a knight be able to save the village? This set also contains an Inn with beds. Contains 4 peasants, 2 archers, 1 soldier and 3 orcs with battering ram.

Goblin Citadel:
The home of the Goblin King. The tower's sections can be moved around, making it hard for the knights to find the goblin king.
Contains The Goblin King, 6 goblins, 1 ogre and 1 human archer.

Castle le Fleur:
The home of the brave knights. This huge castle is the home of king Albadon. Contains Albadon, 2 royal guards, 4 archers, 4 soldiers, 2 ogres and 4 orcs.

The knights that are sold seperately holds a horse & barding & head protection, lance with flag, shield, armor, helmet with plumes. There are 12 different designed knights completely.

Mmmm... Far-fetched...
Right here is the design that Lego should go with. You see this Lego? Everything you need is right here. Three cheers for the The Hordesman.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

didnt we give ideas for this like 6 months agoe...

whatever
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Hundred's year war, especially because it is accurate, and there were many epic scenes!
DanDanLegoman
Freeman

Post by DanDanLegoman »

JPinoy wrote:Mongols as the "Nomads" villains, with China as "Dragon Empire".

The Ninja armor can make a return for Chinese troops.
I'd buy that!

The Mongols were bad-Megablocks. I wouldn't mind sending a horde of them against my BFF.
Sparrowhawk
Gong Farmer

re:

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I'd like to see the Vikings line continued as Irish/Celts, with the ferris wolf becoming the hound of Cuculain. Not only could we have mythical beasts and heroes, but also classic castle normans trying to subjugate the celts. :wink:
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

JPinoy wrote:Byzantine Empire! You'll get Vikings knocking on the Black Sea; Seljuk Turks, Saracens, Persians in the Mid-East, rival European powers like Venice and etc.

The Byzantines are the last remnants of the Roman Empire, plus they're in the middle ages.
Perfect :!: :!: I am glad to see someone with a great amount of common sence! Byzantines would be perfect for the reasons you listed, and the fact that most other new factions could be incorperated in as mercenaries. It's great to see another person who likes byzantines! :D 8)

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

LEGO should just re-release Ninja. Or make some kind of new Ninja theme.

I don't see a problem with this, as even though Ninja is Castle... they're in another part of the world and very different than Castle 2007.

It would be no different than having KK2:3 and Vikings run in the same year.

------------------
Emp.Justinian wrote:
JPinoy wrote:Byzantine Empire! You'll get Vikings knocking on the Black Sea; Seljuk Turks, Saracens, Persians in the Mid-East, rival European powers like Venice and etc.

The Byzantines are the last remnants of the Roman Empire, plus they're in the middle ages.
Perfect :!: :!: I am glad to see someone with a great amount of common sence! Byzantines would be perfect for the reasons you listed, and the fact that most other new factions could be incorperated in as mercenaries. It's great to see another person who likes byzantines! :D 8)

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Right now, Im using the "black knights" as the Byzantines.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]