What sort of Castle theme would you like to see?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What Castle theme would you like to see?

Hundred Years War
43%
Hurry up and tell me your ideas so I can put in something else!
57%

Total votes: 58

The Hag
Freeman

Post by The Hag »

Maedhros wrote:A line in the style of D&D would truly be wonderful if done right but I wouldn´t like them to get the license. All monsters, creatures etc would be awesome but I don´t think they would need a license. I mean, forestmen are obviously based on Robin Hood so this could just be line where "the brave humans, elves and dwarves fight against the foul lord X and his horde of monsters."
Well.. just imagine a mindflayer minifig head or an avariel (winged elves) city .. or a demon castle or an ork horde done by TLG ...

i, for one, would need a second job then
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Lego is about creativity and I think with the licenses they got, TLC lost some of it. Lego doesn't need licenses so I would prefer something that Lego thought.
Tole_11
Serf

Post by Tole_11 »

x
Last edited by Tole_11 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Either Jpinoy's old Sultan Guards vs Desert Raiders or...

Knights le fleur vs Orkagg

Knights le fleur are white and blue clad knights in classic Lego style, but also have sugarloaf helmets (with attachable plumes), longbows and bastard swords among their equipment. Each set of this faction contains a peasant or more. One set is a village with wall being under siege by the Orkagg. The faction is lead by the wise cleric-king Albadon. Each knight has his own design but are sold seperately from other sets, while footmen and archers are in every set.

Orkaggs are a faction of Orcs, Goblins and Ogres (trolls but sand green) which uses items such as pitchforks, scimitars and slingshots among their new equipment (ok, pitchforks arent new). They are lead by the mischevious Goblin King.

Sets:

Goblin Hut:
Small set with 1 goblin. A secret treasure chest is hidden in the hut.

Warriors:
Contains 1 captain, 2 archer, 2 soldier, 1 ogre 2 goblins and 2 orcs.

Outskirt Dangers:
A small field and a bridge, the peasant can trick the orcs by cutting down the bridge. Contains 2 orcs and 1 brave peasant.

Orkagg Siege Engine:
The orcish catapult (trebutchet) is on its way to Castle le Fleur. Will the captain and his men be able to stop them? Contains 1 ogre, 2 orcs, 3 goblins, 2 human archers and 1 captain.

Village Siege:
The village walls are being breached! Will a knight be able to save the village? This set also contains an Inn with beds. Contains 4 peasants, 2 archers, 1 soldier and 3 orcs with battering ram.

Goblin Citadel:
The home of the Goblin King. The tower's sections can be moved around, making it hard for the knights to find the goblin king.
Contains The Goblin King, 6 goblins, 1 ogre and 1 human archer.

Castle le Fleur:
The home of the brave knights. This huge castle is the home of king Albadon. Contains Albadon, 2 royal guards, 4 archers, 4 soldiers, 2 ogres and 4 orcs.

The knights that are sold seperately holds a horse & barding & head protection, lance with flag, shield, armor, helmet with plumes. There are 12 different designed knights completely.

Mmmm... Far-fetched...
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Moroder
Apprentice

Post by Moroder »

Well, the non-license ideas are interesting, but I'm not sure about Warcraft, D&D or Lord of the Rings. Why?

Warcraft - You could make sets of any size, including new equipment and great characters, making a great collectible serie. But Warcraft is about violence and demons, and Lego would never create such a theme.

Lord of the Rings - The monsters looks great, the characters are cool, a vast array of set possibility... but how would you recreate a Lego version of Orthanc or Minas Tirith with the same great looking? Only in your MOCs, man!

D&D - Well, this is a great idea. Fantasy in every set, with cool creatures and adventures. But how many little kids does know D&D? The castle theme is rated 6+/7+ (vikings)... I'm not sure I was at 6 when I first played D&D. Let's remember that Lego cares mainly about kids of these ages.

About Hordesman's idea, I like the sets! The names are a bit odd to me, but the idea is cool.

EDIT: Pretty stupid of mine to talk the cons of the licenses without giving a choice. So I was browsing the recent-past posts and I saw the discussion about Narnia. That would be the best direction Lego could take with the licenses; Narnia is child-oriented and a fantastic idea that allows every kind of set we can think of. The theme allows to create a lot of new heads and a new minifig concept with the centaur idea.
Histo-Sci
Laborer

Post by Histo-Sci »

Hundred Years War!

Any historical theme would be great! I would love them to bring back ones like the older castle sets, but openly historical sets would be new and interesting, and I might even like that better, depending on how it was done! I don't like the idea of D&D or LOTR or Narnia or anything, partly because this is going in the same direction as KK 2--fantasy. I also am not a fan of any of those subjects so naturally I would not be interested in them as Lego products, and Narnia is already made by Mega Bloks so that isn't gonna happen. Some Scots under William Wallace and Robert the Bruce would be nice, and I love HenrytheV's idea of battle sets....

Bring it* on!

In our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Histo-Sci

*To be clear I mean the historicals!
"...my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen." --Martin Luther
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Agincourt all the way. If Lego made the entire battle, think of all the crossbows and longbows it would have :D

Sadly, Lego would probably not change they're bow design at all. I'm really sick of it.
xeth
Gong Farmer

Rome/Greece

Post by xeth »

As much as I would love historically inspired sets (who wouldn't want minifigs clad in full gothic plate?), I think that the first time a kid in a focus group tries to pronounce "Agincourt", Lego would drop the idea of a historical theme.

I think that a Rome/Greece mythology would work nicely with the culture Lego seems to have at the moment. Hercules Vs. the Hydra, Perseus against the Medusa, Odysseus and his men against the Cyclops, and so forth. Such sets would certainly have a lot of possibilities, and still let them incorporate arms and armor of the ancient world.
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Spanish/Mexican: Colonial/mission adobe architecture with a healthy mix of early settlement and some revisiting to imperial and native american style sets.

South East Asia - Shanghai: Somewhat of a revisit to boats, but with the added benefit of exploring some well deserved Chinese culture in the designwork, as well as elements from other countries in the region. Think of it as a strange bridge between castle and pirate.

Pilgrims/American Colonies... (do a lincoln log tribute with 1x2 wood pieces stacked and laid on their sides... *writes this one down to try later*)

Pre industrial europe...Alpine adventurers.. octoberfest, fields of tulips.. Like an old fashion version of Town that explores old town buildings :P

Definitely a babylonian/assyrian theme that might partially appease fans seeking a roman theme... chariots. palaces. awesome merchant sets.

I don't see why Lego should be afraid to put out sets with a strong cultural theme...
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I really like your idea, Hordesman, those would be fun sets to get.

I like Peppermint Pig's ideas too, they're all really great, though not strictly castle sets :wink:. My favorite of you ideas would have to be Babylon. I've always wanted to know more about it, and LEGO would have to do some research on it (I hope :roll:).

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Byzantine Empire
Go for it! There have always been great rivalries on the Balkans and in Asia Minor incl. almost all notable peoples throughout the Middle Ages so nobody will be left aside.

Please stop with the license/franchise mania. It's like fast food - tasty but harmful.
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

i would like a line of more daily life stuff

and more nobles and fair madens and stuff

so like a few royal banquet sets. a nice farm and a fair a a nice joust (the first one (ithink) released by lego was a great one)

but i just want lords and ladies figures mainly.

gothic would be cool

as would a renewal of a sort of forstmens line.

umm some nice ships... and yea a nice castle =p oh right you want a certain them umm pheonix knights would be cool. jsut liek old style lego castles and sets but with a pheonix coat of arms
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

Okay. . keeping in mind that LEGO would never do something -directly- historical, and cannot/should not pick up licenses like D&D or Middle-earth. . .

My suggestion is that they expand on previous themes. Really, think about it.

Bring back the Royal Knights - but design some new, historical-inspired armour and helmets for them. Maybe something that conjures images of 15th century England.

Bring back the Black Falcons - but with new 14th century German-inspired designs.

Bring back Ninja (which technically qualifies as Castle), but include a greater variety of equipment - different helmets, naginata and nagamaki. . .

Bring back the Black Knights with early great helms (circa 1200), new kite shield designs (like having the handle in the right place and facing the right way).

I could go on and on. Take a little bit of history and mold it right into existing themes, then repackage those themes and sell 'em. It would work. People would love to see a Black Knights II, or a Dark Forest II. And I bet it would sell at least as well as KK2:5.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
The dark tide
Gentleman

Post by The dark tide »

I think they should take a whole new aproach to the nija line and make it a little more samurai based but I like all the ideas you guys have mentioned.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Mongols as the "Nomads" villains, with China as "Dragon Empire".

The Ninja armor can make a return for Chinese troops.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]