Are you sick of catapaults?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

Are you sick of catapaults in LEGO sets?

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes: 108

Aviah102
Laborer

Post by Aviah102 »

I agree with what Architect said, I am only tired of poor designs (ones that hardly have good enough pieces to be turned into anything decent). It is almost like lego takes surplus and leftover pieces and trys to come up with something they can slap a name on. It just so happens that most of them resemble catapults. I am by no means tired of catapults because, in my opinion there have not been any that are even remotely historically accurate. Does anyone have any good catapult or siege weaponry designs (my armies would appreciate your help)?
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I voted no, catapults aren't that bad. They used to be pretty good, but that was back in the day. They're going down hill because LEGO likes to add that spring loaded shooting thing. I don't consider that a catapult though. That is why I voted no.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

TLG needs to defintley limit the amount of catapults in each new castle line.

For the love of LEGO, Vladek's dark fortress comes with 5 catapults!! I think that's the most ever in a LEGO castle set.

Graynar
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I am not sick of catapults. I like them. But I would much rather have a single well-designed $20 catapult than ten house-a-pults.

I'd like to see trebuchets and ballistae as well, but I doubt a good firing one will be produced.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Well, considering LEGO can't build a good seige weapon come heck or high water, I really wouldn't mind if they didn't include one in every single set. I mean, flaming sawblades?!! Seriously, the early catipults were ok, but even they weren't anything spectacular.

Of course, I suppose most kids like them, and that's what really counts (for LEGO at least).
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

I voted "Yes."

I love catapults. I hope to see more of them in the future. But I'm also sick of them. I'd like to see -one- catapult set per release series. Not a bunch. And even that is stretching it. We have enough catapults. How about focusing on some other siege equipment for awhile, or better defensive buildings.

Ideally, I think we'd all like to see -BETTER- catapults. But I doubt that's going to happen. So if they can't make a really, really good catapult, I'd rather not see any more for awhile.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

Well they did make some seige towers for KK2 but, they weren't that good.
My life is based on a true story.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

babyjawa wrote:
I never knew siege towers were classified in the catapults categorey. :P

TLG designed a balista for Vladek's dark fortress, but it was cool looking but barely functional. However, all you need is three pieces to fix that! :wink:

Graynar
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

I voted 'no', but I restrict that to my opinion and preference. Of course, not being a child, I find catapults very annoying and useless. But to children, they are of great use and fun. So I don't like catapults, but I don't mind Lego making them.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Graynar wrote:babyjawa wrote:

TLG designed a balista for Vladek's dark fortress, but it was cool looking but barely functional. However, all you need is three pieces to fix that! :wink:

Graynar
Wich pieces?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

Graynar wrote:babyjawa wrote:

Graynar
I was talking to Damien because he said that the should make some siege weapons and so I said they made 2 seige towers for KK2.
My life is based on a true story.
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

I'm aware that KK2 has siege tower/battering rams. But even with the two of those.. I believe there's only one other Siege Tower, for instance, in all of the Castle theme. I could be mistaken though.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
VikingLord
Villein

Post by VikingLord »

I'd much prefer working battaring rams to catapults. :)
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

YES give us some huge bolt throwers and stuff no more of this catapult on a single horse crud.
-Alan-
good times
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

i hate catapults they're so common and getting so bad that they're becoming useless. i have to say though that these catapults i can live with:

the huge catapult at the back of the viking fortress
the fireball catapults on vladeks dark fortress
and the viking catapult from 'viking catapult challenges the nidhog' (although this last one is a balista but TLG says its a catapult)
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day