It's not easy being yellow

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

I as a TFOL, have always loved my little yellow figures. I always did sorta think that yellow people were white, and that the other races really didn't exist, I mean in SW there are what 2 black people? And in LOTR there are 0 :P. When basketball came out I bought a few of the sets and the brown guys look fine next to the yellows. I can't stand the peach figs and the new HP/Spiderman figs look horrible! I would have been ok if they would have stayed Yellow, and having a few brown figs was ok, but PEACH MINIFIGS?!?! Its just not right...

Matthew,
Loves his Yellow Minifigs
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

If they do make races, I’d have black AND white people in the same armies if there were any wars at all.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Well, I would like to put it like this:

It just is´nt LEGO without the YELLOW, smiling (kind-a-cute :wink: ) people, sure I think that for special themes you need special faces, but no tampering with the colors, that´s it :!:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=595582
I'm back, and so is Castle!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

That is actually Dragon Master's character. I built it for him so he could use it as a sig fig or whatever. The image anyway, not the fig. Haven't ever seen you in person, so it would be hard to say if this fig could be you.

It is not an exclusive thing, DM sent me a description of his fig and I built it and took a picture of it for him.

If anyone else would like this done, feel free to ask. I only use standard minifig heads and torsos though. I do not have a printer or the skills to do custom heads and torsos. But I do have tons and tons of castle figs, this is not a for sale thing, I will only post a picture for you to use, not send the fig. I am sure I would run out of figs pretty quickly if I started giving them away. :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hey there!
Well the only thing this says about me is that I´ve brown hair, but hey, the DM is allways the DM!

It´s a nice fig anyway, well done! :D
Pacificus
Villein

LEGO is but a metaphor...

Post by Pacificus »

If my LEGO history is correct, the original minifigures were faceless (and armless and legless, no?). Then the smileyfaces came. Then some minifigs had the ability to grow facial hair, put on lipstick, and/or make due without depth perception (eyepatches). The smileyfaces didn't mind so much, did they? So now there is an influx of "human-colored" minifigs. I suspect the existing minifigs wouldn't mind so much. I guess it's in the mind of the player/collector. If you want all your LEGO folk to be of the classic yellow design, or even only smileyfaces, then that's your preference, and hopefully there are ways to satify your preference. If you find faction-based warfare has degenerated into "skin color"-based warfare, either in your play or in others', then it definitely isn't a fault or flaw inherent within non-sentient toys. Unlike many of you, I'm not a historical player of LEGO. I'm not very big on historical accuracy (although gunpowder is expressly forbidden in my land). I'm more of a mythological storyteller--my continuing tale of swords and chivalry and a little bit of magic is but a metaphor for what is right, wrong, and relativistic in our world, and there is room for diversity, in both plastic color and smileyface design.

With that said, I'm more apt to buy reissues of classic sets than I am in buying the newer stuff :wink: .
PACIFICVS
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

This is just an idea: but if they made "all" colours, wouldn't that mean green, blue, and pink! Just think of the racism. All the purples trying to wipe out the pinks. :P

Seriously, though, they should all stay yellow. It makes more sense. It doesn't promote racism. And yellow figs are cute. :D
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I do'nt like the new pale not very happy plastic people :D

Maybe I'll get used to them over time, but for now: NO WAY! :x

(YES, finaly I'm a freeman!)
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

I already did wrote in the Jake post on lugnet that if they want our opinion about changes, DON'T KILL the Yellow minifigs. I doubt that in 4 years from now it won't happen though.

The only use I can find for the pinkish faces is Seasick Pirates Sailors :lol: