LEGO where is the classic longbow??

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

The tan color might be nice, but IMO the new dark tan would be an even better choice.
I suggested the very same thing in the accessories thread before reading this comment! Coincidence. I actually suggested a Dark Tan bow, with a tan quiver. Other colors, of course, are fine if Lego does see fit to bring them back.. a larger bow might be stretching it as far as figure size, but it wouldn't hurt to see some concepts. When I first played with Lego, I didn't outright hate nor love completely the design of the bow (I too found the fixed arrow to be a bit odd), but it has grown on me over the years and I would like to see it return.

As for the history of the bow, given my limited understanding, part of the British advancement with the bow came from the wood they used to construct it. So the adaptation, I believe, was based on using wood of the Yew tree, which had superior flexibility and resistance qualities therefore allowing for archers to become fabled with the distances they could fire. Whether this is an adaptation of craft over materials, I can't be sure... there's always Wikipedia to answer things :)
The_Fright_Knight
Laborer

Post by The_Fright_Knight »

Tanotrooper wrote:
lego, nobody wants the coloured knights. There silly, stupid and inaccurate. stick with the old weapons everone likes, and give us some historical lines!!! ever tought of romans? kids would love it!!! release some minifig packs, great buildings, good fortresses, and a lot of figs!!! but please, lego abandon KK2!!! Its by these kind of lines lego has to close there legolands, and there are just a compnay... LEGO, if you can hear me, stop this madness and begin something good...

thank you.
Look, KK2 is meant to be aimed at younger kids. It's a fantasy theme. They're not supposed to be accurate.
Anyway,they should definetly give the longbows back.
"Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
-Bilbo Baggins
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Look, KK2 is meant to be aimed at younger kids. It's a fantasy theme. They're not supposed to be accurate.
So it doesn't mean that if it is a fantasy theme (to me it's more like a nightmare theme) there should be AKs instead of bows.

Apart from this I think that there are no bows because the bow was not a knight's weapon and there are no archers as well as footsoldiers, haldberders etc. in KKII. There are only KNIGHTSTM
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

heh egood point but even the pre kk kk didnt hav ethem ( i dont get why those... umm, royal knights, are considered as knighst kingdom and i think tehy shoudl have their own catagory liek teh bulls guys but whatever

anyways ye athey didnt have ttham, just teh cross bows wich are .. eh sometimes good but whenever i want a cross bow i always want it in black and i dont have any black ones...

oh well

if it is a fabnatasy them they shoul dhave fire whips for vladeks soulders and massive clubs as big as a torso =D
darthsantkuyl
Serf

Post by darthsantkuyl »

I think it's the most rediculous thing not to have any bows/crossbows with the vikings. Are they just sopossed to throw their one weapon into the air and hope that it hits the dragons
Sir Rupid Lannsing
Villein

Post by Sir Rupid Lannsing »

Psh, it's called Rapid Fire! :wink:

Arrows really would be insignificant to the Viking beasties. But I agree, we needs us some more bow 'n' arrows!
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Well catch the dragon in the air with it...
I think your Vikings will be burned to ashes... :wink:

And,of course, BRING BACK LONG BOWS :!: :!: :!:
It should be TLC's priority,also as bringig back the classic swords...
At least they didn't give us some changed ones

Greetings from Serbia
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

How is Link supposed to defeat the boss of dungeon six without a bow and arrow?

How is Robin Hood supposed to win the archery contest without a bow and arrow?

The crossbow just doesn't cut it. It's too big, rather ugly, and doesn't have a quiver of bolts to go with it. Sadly, that is probably why the crossbow is still in production. TLC said they are reducing their parts inventory. I suspect that they decided to get rid of the bow and quiver in in favor of the crossbow which is one part instead of two.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

We want longbows!!
We want longbows!!
We want longbows!!

Hey, I have often wondered to myself, 'why is LEGO not using bows anymore?' Anyway, Lord_of_the_Lego is right, vikings did not use bows, and jellybeans are inaddiment (probably the wrong spelling) objects.

But anyway, Lego should make bows agian, now that they have foot-soldiers, and better knights, to use them...

Please, please, please, please, please, please.....
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Traveler
Reeve

Post by Traveler »

The_Fright_Knight wrote:
Tanotrooper wrote:
lego, nobody wants the coloured knights. There silly, stupid and inaccurate. stick with the old weapons everone likes, and give us some historical lines!!! ever tought of romans? kids would love it!!! release some minifig packs, great buildings, good fortresses, and a lot of figs!!! but please, lego abandon KK2!!! Its by these kind of lines lego has to close there legolands, and there are just a compnay... LEGO, if you can hear me, stop this madness and begin something good...

thank you.
Anyway,they should definetly give the longbows back.
Fantasy doesn't have to mean everything is in a wacky color and oversized. I think Castley fantasy can be done much better than KK2, and still appeal to young kids.
garraofthesand
Laborer

Post by garraofthesand »

Maybe the jelly beans complained that the arrows were stuck. So to pay them back, TLG gave them ridiculous armor and swords.
Time to go nighty night mister west.

Yay Nightey nigh- ugh. ZZZZZ....