Pleas do not make any more fantasie for the medieval theme.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Ristridin
Bailiff

Pleas do not make any more fantasie for the medieval theme.

Post by Ristridin »

In my opinion the KK2 theme is real bad. Please make the new medieval theme a bit more realistic. It`s ok to change the helmets and armor, but keep it realistic. Make something like this: http://www.ima-usa.com/images/WH1000-4.jpg or http://www.edwards-enterprises.com/images/S29539.jpg or http://www.rarebooks.nd.edu/digital/her ... lting3.gif, enz.
New LEGO would be much for me.
Suvied
Laborer

Post by Suvied »

Please make more fantasy. Ogres and dragons to fight my knights with flaming (transparent) weapons and armor. Please make new and creative sets. A floating castle that has a giant bird to fly you up to it would be great. More tournament sets that focus on the sports of jousting, sword play, archery and the like instead of the brutal, harsh and unforgiving nature of war and conquest. I don't mind some realism and non-bright colored knights but let keep LEGO a childs toy.

If LEGO ever decided to produce a minifig scaled miniatures wargame for old teens and adults, that would be a different story. :wink:
There is someone who is always worse off than you . . . consider my peasants for example.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I have nothing against fantasy, I LOVE fantasy. But I hate the KKII fantasy... Where is the fantasy element of KKII actually? They have stupid colours and heraldry, completely unrealistic swords, ugly castles etc. I wouldn´t call that fantasy, just unrealisticness if that word exists at all... There are no cool elements of fantasy in KKII, nothing at all.

So please, TLG, make fantasy, I would love that. But don´t make pointless KKII "fantasy".
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

The Vikings line has proved you can have your cake and eat it too! The fig torsos, for the most part (Yellow furry berseker is the exception) are excellent and historically/fantastically believable. I expect the KK line this year may follow that same pattern, at least I am hoping so.

The creatures in the Viking line add a new demension to play, and the fact that they are made out of parts means they can be modified to suit one's imagination. Even with the Bionicle pieces they are not that bad.

The helms we have had to date for castle are great. The visors in the current KK line are dissapointing compared to realism and the earlier produced pointed visor.

Much of the product in 2005 was a return to what LEGO had the vision to do 20 years ago. Keep up the good work.
Troy T. Moore
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

Please make more fantasy. Ogres and dragons to fight my knights with flaming (transparent) weapons and armor
Well I agree with that; like make LOTR a LEGO theme or What could be cool is to make figures like in Warcraf, but not these silly helmets and colours as in KK2.
But that is my opinion of course
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

If to make fantasy, make it correct with ogres, orcs and all that.

If to make historical, make it like in the good old days or REAL stuff.

But since you dont really agree on this thread's title, I dont see any reason for this thread.
Last edited by The Hordesman on Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Please focus on set design instead.

Personally, I don't care whether a theme is 'real' or not. I'm looking fore well-constructed sets with a strong assortment of bricks that can be used to create a variety of new and exciting MOCs. Isn't that what LEGO is really about? If your so focused on 'realism' as opposed to 'fantasy' (or vice versa), then build something to suit your fancy.

(Just my opinion of course)

Later.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Troy T. Moore wrote:The Vikings line has proved you can have your cake and eat it too!

As an admitted purist and non-mythical Legoist (I like that) the vikings are the best compromise around, apart from those KK2 swords. But even so, who wouldn't swap a pile of Bionicle for an enemy faction?

God Bless,

Nathan
Koenig_Artus
Peasant

Post by Koenig_Artus »

well i think the dragon masters were ok,.... but then my dark ages almost begun(in 1996) but i did not like the royal knights, but they were not really fantasy i think...
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Blueandwhite wrote:Please focus on set design instead.

Personally, I don't care whether a theme is 'real' or not. I'm looking fore well-constructed sets with a strong assortment of bricks that can be used to create a variety of new and exciting MOCs. Isn't that what LEGO is really about? If your so focused on 'realism' as opposed to 'fantasy' (or vice versa), then build something to suit your fancy.
Amen. 'Nuff said.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Norro wrote:
But even so, who wouldn't swap a pile of Bionicle for an enemy faction?
No argument from me. You and I however,are not Lego's target group for the products they produce.

Blueandwhite, excellent suggestions. Maybe mention getting rid of those 1 x n x 5 bricks too :wink:
Troy T. Moore
Ristridin
Bailiff

Post by Ristridin »

You and I however,are not Lego's target group for the products they produce
I think thats true, it must also be friendly to younger kids, so they cant make very creapy orcs or ogres (etc.).
What I also mean with realistic is the colours and the look of the figures.
well i think the dragon masters were ok,.... but then my dark ages almost begun(in 1996) but i did not like the royal knights, but they were not really fantasy i think...

I also don`t think they were fantasy. But I think that in every theme is a bit fantasy (that makes it a bit more interresting). My point is actually (to make it short) I don`t like KK2, acceps for the mocria castle
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

Largely, I agree with Blueandwhite on this. Set design is the most important thing. And that's what's -most- disappointing about the KK2 line... horrible set design with very few exceptions, depending on whom you ask. (Most people seem to agree that horse-mounted catapults are universally stupid.)

As for fantasy/historical.. I enjoy both. Granted, I'm a history buff so the more historical designs interest me more, but I like my fantasy too. I think the important thing to remember is that even 'fantasy' can look 'historically correct' -- a good example, for the most part, are the Lord of the Rings films.

What I don't enjoy is overt silliness like giant, stupid looking visors and baby-blue armour with functionally ridiculous 'swords.' There's nothing inherently wrong with KK2 -- it's just some of the accessories that really make the entire theme look crappy.

Given a few knights in grey rather than blue and purple.. a return of the old sword (or a new sword with a better sculpt than the current), and a removal of a few of the crappier visor designs.. the KK2 line could be awesome.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

please do more army builder sets with more figs plz AND NO MORE CHARACTER BASED ARMIES! they are completely useless after you have all the characters and there is no point getting other sets after that. as for the fantasy theme, i dont mind it too much but it would be nice to have something a little more realistic, like kk1 again...
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

Blueandwhite wrote:Please focus on set design instead.

LordOfTheLego wrote:Amen. 'Nuff said.
I second that amen. We can always create our own fantasy (i.e. Brick Built Beasts) by using HP sets, or buying old Dragon Masters from Ebay and Blink.