Jake Responds!

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Jake Responds!

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Jake McKee, LEGO Community Developement Manager extrodinare, is a little busy at the moment, so he's asked me to relay answers to two questions that were asked of him in the Classic-Castle chat.

To review, here are the questions he is answering:
[sklar] Ok... Hi jake! Why is that when shopping from S@H, the cost of products is listed in the currency of the country you are shopping in, but when shopping from Canada, the prices are in US dollars?
Jakes answer:
Jake wrote:Canadian price issue (us pricing in canadian catalog): it's a systems issue that we are working to resolve, but have no specific timeframe for completion
[Aggiesava] Recently people have posted to Lugnet and elsewhere about the new large Knight Kingdom figures, and how their shields are made of cardboard. In the recent toy fair pictures, the minifig versions of those shields also looked to be cardboard. Can you tell us if those minifig shields are ABS or not?
Jakes answer:
Jake wrote:Shields on KK figs are plastic, but a flexible type.
Just to clarify, this means both the shields for the large action figures and the minfigs are this flexible plastic. It has been said by the Europeans that the large action figure shield's plastic is very similar to that used on the original Hagrid's Hut roof.

The minifig shields are presumably made from the same flexible plastic, or perhaps those found in the Ninja flags.

Thank you again, Jake, for answering our questions!

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Really good new about the KK shield. Made with Plastic. :D Long live for the plastic !!!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

GAH i was so excited about square minifig shields, and now we find out they are not classic sturdy abs like our other shields.

a heartfelt thanks to jake for providing us this info, but i do wish he'd have some good news for us sometime eh?

sigh.......:(
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I was hoping for roman sheilds :cry:

LR
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Oh Spite! Oh Megablocks!

TLC you've hit BURP bottom.

DM
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Hey ! That's not so bad. Do you prefer these shield were made with cardboard. It's not the first time Lego use different plastic ! I'm happy of this new.

We can't expect Lego be exactly what we want, but this time, I'm happy it's plastic even it's not the same kind of plastic. When it's plastic, I think it's ok. :wink:
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

dude these will be semi translucent flexable shields.
ICK!
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

timber_wolf899 wrote:GAH i was so excited about square minifig shields, and now we find out they are not classic sturdy abs like our other shields.

a heartfelt thanks to jake for providing us this info, but i do wish he'd have some good news for us sometime eh?

sigh....... :(
lone ranger wrote:I was hoping for roman sheilds :cry:
LR
dragon master wrote:Oh Spite! Oh Megablocks!
TLC you've hit BURP bottom.
DM
timber_wolf899 wrote:dude these will be semi translucent flexable shields.
ICK!
Okay, someone needs to step in and take you all out of your misery....

When you buy the new castle sets (and you know you will!), just sent along the offending shields to me. :wink: :wink:

It's a sacrifice, I know, but I'm willing to take up this burden on behalf of my fellow C-Cers. You can thank me later. :)

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

footsteps wrote:
It's a sacrifice, I know, but I'm willing to take up this burden on behalf of my fellow C-Cers. You can thank me later.
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
coyote
Peasant

Post by coyote »

Soft shields ... I mean .... soft shields?!

Didn't even know, that knights had kevlar ...
When in doubt empty the magazine.
Never share a foxhole with someone braver then you are.
If you're short of everything except the enemy, you're in combat.
Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Sigh. No one is paying attention. Jake was refering to the LARGE NON-minifig shields - I really don't care if they are cardboard, thin flexible plastic, or stainless steel. I'm not going to be buying them anyway. He is not precise in his reply, and you guys are simply creating a new rumor. A "flexible" type only means it isn't rigid plastic - he doesn't state it is the same flexible film that is used for the ninja flags and wings, just that it is a flexible plastic. :roll:
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I knew you were talking about Non minifig scale Knights (bionicle size).
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Also, even if he meant the minifig scale shields, "plastic of a flexible type" would already describe many of the minifig utensils. I can think of at least three different types of plastic that are used for these, varying from the hard ABS in, for instance, the spears and lances, to a softer plastic in the katana, to a still softer plastic in the chrome sword. It's still a huge step from that to the plastic in Hagrid's roof or, even further, ninja flags.

Bruce
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:Sigh. No one is paying attention. Jake was refering to the LARGE NON-minifig shields - I really don't care if they are cardboard, thin flexible plastic, or stainless steel. I'm not going to be buying them anyway. He is not precise in his reply, and you guys are simply creating a new rumor. A "flexible" type only means it isn't rigid plastic - he doesn't state it is the same flexible film that is used for the ninja flags and wings, just that it is a flexible plastic. :roll:
I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. When I clarified in my post, it was a clarification from Jake directly.

When Jake gave me that answer, I, too, thought he might mean the large shields. So I asked him for clarification.

Jakes answer is that both the large non-minifig shields AND system size minifig shields are all flexible plastic. And not just the large shields found in the minfig sets. ALL shields. Large and small. Bionicle and system.

This is no rumor, this is straight from the horse's mouth.

He did not, however, as you pointed out, specify what type of flexible plastic was used.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

SavaTheAggie wrote:
I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. When I clarified in my post, it was a clarification from Jake directly.

When Jake gave me that answer, I, too, thought he might mean the large shields. So I asked him for clarification.

Jakes answer is that both the large non-minifig shields AND system size minifig shields are all flexible plastic. And not just the large shields found in the minfig sets. ALL shields. Large and small. Bionicle and system.

This is no rumor, this is straight from the horse's mouth.

He did not, however, as you pointed out, specify what type of flexible plastic was used.

--Anthony
Ahhhh, then it was you being incomplete and not him on the subject of which shields. :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]