Jake Responds!

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

Can somebody please explain to me what is going on?
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi SirCumferance,

Photos of the new Knight's Kingdom figures were taken at a toyfair in Paris

http://www.action-figure.com/Article10692.html

There are large KK action figures and small KK minifigures. A fan reported that the large shields were made of cardboard. He was mistaken because they are made of flexible plastic.

Anthony asked Jake about the small shields. Jake said that both the small and large shields are made of plastic, not cardboard. However these shields are different than older shields which are made of hard ABS plastic.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

[yoda impression]Hmm... Strange, those are, yes. Pick one up, I will. Plastic those shields look like, yes, but flimsey they look also.[/yoda impression] Yeah, are those out in the US yet? I don't think they look too great part-wise, but I may be incorrect.
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Here’s something to try: take a small pirate flag(or one of that same square style), not the big ones, and try to bend that(gently though, so as not to damage it). Hard ABS. “Do you want rock-hard ABS?” Sorry, ADD moment. Then take a castle flag, the banner type, and try to bend that, again not so hard as to damage it.

Perhaps the shields will be flexible like the castle flags. If you try it, it’s flexible, but not so much as to be flimsy. The bigfig shields will definitely be more bendy than the minifig ones. A demonstration of this is such: take normal shields and baseplates. They are the same thickness. But while it is not easy to bend a shield, a baseplate can be bent. And the larger it is, the easier to bend. There is even some amount difference between a large pirate flag and a small one. So a shield that is flimsy on the bigfigs will be sturdier at a smaller size.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
coyote
Peasant

Post by coyote »

I think you re-invented the law of the lever. Congratulations! :wink:

Another consideration: May the new plastic-shields be a hint for upcoming 375-like visors? Just to start another rumor ... 8)
When in doubt empty the magazine.
Never share a foxhole with someone braver then you are.
If you're short of everything except the enemy, you're in combat.
Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

So the shields are plastic, but are they ABS or something else?
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Sir_Marcellus wrote:Here’s something to try: take a small pirate flag(or one of that same square style), not the big ones, and try to bend that(gently though, so as not to damage it). Hard ABS. “Do you want rock-hard ABS?” Sorry, ADD moment. Then take a castle flag, the banner type, and try to bend that, again not so hard as to damage it.

Perhaps the shields will be flexible like the castle flags. If you try it, it’s flexible, but not so much as to be flimsy. The bigfig shields will definitely be more bendy than the minifig ones. A demonstration of this is such: take normal shields and baseplates. They are the same thickness. But while it is not easy to bend a shield, a baseplate can be bent. And the larger it is, the easier to bend. There is even some amount difference between a large pirate flag and a small one. So a shield that is flimsy on the bigfigs will be sturdier at a smaller size.

Almost the same thing I was thinking. Listen to this. The ninja flags are realy thin. The shields are not. So.....the shields won't be as flexible :D . All you guys are having a cow over nothing :lol: .
Space rocks.