Why did LEGO abandon the Adult Lego User Community?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
bobtrollinger
Gong Farmer

Why did LEGO abandon the Adult Lego User Community?

Post by bobtrollinger »

Why with all of the great improvements over the last few years between
TLG and AFOLs would TLG just up and abandon us? I'm talking about the
color changes. I know a few of the AFOLs who will enter a new era in their LEGO collecting/building. If I may borrow a phrase from one of them. He says he shall enter into his "Gray Ages". Not dark ages, but gray in obvious reference to the color changes. I may also enter into a "Gray Age" . Five years ago I left my dark ages and started with lego again, but I also may enter into a "Gray Age" due to this mistreatment by TLG.

Bob
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Nice way to express this situation :lol:

I'm agree with you. I guess I will enter a gray age too, just 1.5 year after waking up from my dark age. I'll stay in castle lego community, but the sky will be gray, as the autumn with clouds and rain.

But I took position. I'll continue to buy lego. The new grays and brown are still, light gray, dark gray and brown. It's a bit strange to combine them, but we don't have the choice. We have to accept them and integrate them in our consruction. The best we can do, is to try to not combinate old and new colors together, when it's possible.

I don't think Lego will return to the old grays and brown. :?