New LEGO Castle line 2006?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Graynar
Gentleman

New LEGO Castle line 2006?

Post by Graynar »

Read this on Wikipedia:
LEGO has made a new Castle line for 2006, however, the only set is 10176 King's Castle (sold as Classic Castle in some areas), that is marketed as a remake of 6090 Royal Knight's Castle, but seems to be an amalgamation of 6090 and 6091 King Leo's Castle. It it currently unknown how this new line will affect Knights' Kingdom, if at all.
Does this mean more sets of this line to come?

Your thoughts?

The source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Castle (Scroll down to the bottom of the page pretty much.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Someone editing the wikipedia page did a terrible job by not separating classic castle 1978-83 from Eagles/Black Falcons. That needs to be corrected. Also there were three new kk2 products this summer. 10176 is not part of the KK2 storyline as it is a Shop at Home LEGO Direct product. As a Direct product, it is separate from the Knight's Kingdom playtheme.

Ben
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

architect wrote:Someone editing the wikipedia page did a terrible job by not separating classic castle 1978-83 from Eagles/Black Falcons. That needs to be corrected. Also there were three new kk2 products this summer. 10176 is not part of the KK2 storyline as it is a Shop at Home LEGO Direct product. As a Direct product, it is separate from the Knight's Kingdom playtheme.
Yes, that's true. And as much as I swear by Wikipedia, it can be edited by anyone, so you shouldn't rely too much on information from it.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

I doubt that is true. This is truly a urban myth :p
"God is dead; but considering the state the species Man is in, there will perhaps be caves, for ages yet, in which his shadow will be shown"

Friederich Nietzsche
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Classic-Castle should create a group of people to fix and update the castle section of wikipedia. We could ask for volunteers, and then sign "written by classic-castle at the bottom of the articals, so that people would know it's accurate.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Paradosis
Laborer

Post by Paradosis »

Actually Wiki is generally just as reliable as any other source, if people take the time to fix the articles rather than spending their time pointing out the mistakes on other websites [ahem :wink: ] . Late last year a reputable science journal compared science articles in Encyclopedia Britannica and Wikipedia, and they found that there were a similar number of major errors in both. So... if you see something wrong there, then go ahead and fix it, that's the whole idea behind it! :)
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Paradosis wrote:Actually Wiki is generally just as reliable as any other source, if people take the time to fix the articles rather than spending their time pointing out the mistakes on other websites [ahem :wink: ] . Late last year a reputable science journal compared science articles in Encyclopedia Britannica and Wikipedia, and they found that there were a similar number of major errors in both. So... if you see something wrong there, then go ahead and fix it, that's the whole idea behind it! :)
I actually did fix a number of things already. It will just take a bit of time to do it all which I can get to eventually.

Ben
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

If this is true, then good! More generic soldiers.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Paradosis
Laborer

Post by Paradosis »

Cool :) I was sort of worried after I made the last post, because I meant it mostly in jest, and I didn't want it to come off wrong.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

My bad, I always found Wiki to be a reliable source. Though I have noticed mistakes before.

I guess there isn't a new Castle line? :?
As a Direct product, it is separate from the Knight's Kingdom playtheme.
Maybe we'll see more direct Castle sets then?
dariofol
Freeman

Post by dariofol »

hi at all...
I be some day ago in billund and i see the spellbreaker 4D movie.. and this is for a classic castle fans a wonderfull movie....
the thene that all the classic fans hope to buy in store...
If this is a next classic castle theme?

I see several new e old parts all togheter
i remember a new magicien beard
a joker
a inventor like leonardo with viking torso and forestman hat
the castle soldier with helm chrome... that figth with a skeleton army with rinhos

several peasant with new peasant cap
a new female hair for the princess...

thisi is a dream.... and this is only a ideaa for the movie or the movie ispired on the next classic castle theme?

I search some on web but i don't found a normal version...

I will hope that you understand my english....
Hewkiril
Laborer

Post by Hewkiril »

What new line? I thought 10176 was just another 'Legend' set.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

Heya, these are a great news Dariofol...
Peasants, joker, inventor, princess... :shock: Is it a return of civilians in castle theme? I hope so!
If that's true it sure isn't going to be 2006 line, but I would nice to see somethin'like that in upcoming years...
This is far the better news I've heard in recent times...
I really hope this isn't a joke :wink:

Greetings from Serbia
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This thread is becomming more of a discussion/speculation of unreleased LEGO sets. LEGO Castle sets is for released products so I will move this thread to Dear LEGO.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
dariofol
Freeman

Post by dariofol »

dJOLe_sk8 wrote:Heya, these are a great news Dariofol...
Peasants, joker, inventor, princess... :shock: Is it a return of civilians in castle theme? I hope so!
If that's true it sure isn't going to be 2006 line, but I would nice to see somethin'like that in upcoming years...
This is far the better news I've heard in recent times...
I really hope this isn't a joke :wink:

Greetings from Serbia
It's no a joke...

Spellbreaker
Together with the dragon, the noble youth attempts to rescue the beautiful princess, her father the king, and the entire royal household from the evil attackers. Experience the 4D excitement as the suspense mounts in the film “Spellbreaker”.

from: http://www.legoland.de/In-the-park/Show ... .htm?lc=en

another script:
Enjoy the thrill of LEGOLAND’s new medieval adventure film, screened in the Imagination Theatre. It’s full of eye-popping 3D special effects plus lots of spine-tingling physical effects in amazing 4D to keep you on the edge of your seat! ‘Spellbreaker’ will transport you right into the heart of the action where you’ll join our hero, the clever Blacksmith, as he uses his wit and bravery to rescue his princess, then battle against the vile Wizard and his Skeleton Army.