What should be the next lego castle line?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I would like Lego to re-release all teh old factions. Black Falcon, Black Knight, Dragon Master, Crusader, etc. You're idea of a sea theme sound very interesting. However, knowing Lego, they'd probably make completely unrealistic boat, with dozen of holes, and canons. We can always hope though.

Edit
The one inherent problem with a new theme though is that it will be in bley, and the pieces will be uncompatable with older stuff.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Something in classic castle style, with new factions. Maybe a boar vs. bear theme. Then maybe we could get boar and brown/black bear pieces.

Also something with multiple civilian buildings. I think a "Great Hunt" set would be nice. A couple of forestmen type of horses with bows and spears. Some brick built trees and landscaping like the Dark Forest Catapult/Ambush set. And one or two new animal pieces (a boar and a stag).

I would also like to see a seafaring faction, with a seaside fortress. Maybe a dolphin faction?

I would also be happy to see Castle given a rest for a few years (like during the ninja years), and Lego focus on another historical theme. Maybe Egypt, Greece or Rome.
The one inherent problem with a new theme though is that it will be in bley, and the pieces will be uncompatable with older stuff.
Actually that wouldn't bother me so much. It would just be a slightly different color scheme to differentiate between the factions. Much like the black/grey castles did.
Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I agree with Sava´s idea as well but...

... since LEGO are so fond of storylines these days maybe I should try to think in those terms, and at least try to imagine something good :)

So they have this group of adventurers (a dwarven warrior, an elven archer, a wizard and a halfling thief or something similar, you get the idea).

First there could be a tavern set (We would all want a tavern, wouldn´t we?) where they meet the mysterious stranger who gives them a treasure map (there are always mysterious strangers at taverns handing away treasure maps, anyone who has played D&D knows that :P).

Then there could be some kind of Forest Encounter or similar where they are countered by some kind of fiendish creatures who want them for breakfast. Lots of foliage, hopefully some kind of cool tree hideout (forestmen anyone?) and hopefully lots of minifigs.

And then a cave set when they finally get into the cave where the treasure is rumoured to be. (All treasures are in caves ;)) Some kind of mountainwall, a cool portal or a citadel, and they could be ambushed by undead dwarves or something...

And finally they have come to the great halls where the Dragon lives. Of course a dragon guards the treasure and our brave heroes have to beat the foul beast! That would mean a cool looking dragon (probably bioniclish to satisfy the bionicle fans as in the Viking line) as well as hopefully a nice hall with lots of pillars, stairways, traps and treasure!

Something along these lines at least.. perhaps with a few different settings etc but you get the idea I hope.

While I wouldn´t love this kind of line I would think it was ok, and I definitely think there would be a market for one.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
aaronsneary
Peasant

Post by aaronsneary »

I think a line similar to the new AquaRaiders would work with Mythological creatures.

I mean Aqua raiders creatures are almost Creator-like in design (as opposed to the bioncle dragons of the Viking line)

So mighty knights and stalwart princesses could battle chimeras and dragons and ogres, riding unicorns, griffons, etc.
Aaron
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

off topic i think the new aqua set is too alpha team ish with too many special characters. i lliek old aqua with three diffrent figs in 7 sets =D

otherwis ei think that simply a pheonix faction with anice castles and some seige engines (no technic arms though please) and then if you need an enemy get some either basic dark nights or some cruel looking red guys with their own cool castle and such.

or a mercinaries line, where ou just have empty castles and lots of mercenary figures packs =D
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

SavaTheAggie wrote:I'd like to see a return to the Crusader style of theme. Two opposing factions, neither inherently good or evil, with grey castles and fortresses with lots of nice little detaily bits like carts, shops and wagons.
stuifzand wrote:What I'd really like is a medieval village theme. Some tudor houses, wagons, shops, normal peasants, maybe a market or something like that.
Yep, that's what I'd like to see. First a Crusader style of theme, followed closely by Forestmen-type stuff. So a good mix of military and village life please. i.e. late 80s, early 90s period.

Thanks!
-Bryan
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I think Anthony's idea would be a dream come true. I wouldn't mind if they changed it up with new factions. Or an old faction opposing a new one. Lots of grey, dark grey and tan castles. I'd love more brown and green pieces. Less blue, red and white (that sounds unintentionally unpatriotic of me) as primary castle colors. Black is already well represented. "Off" colors for accent would be nice, such as the dark red, and dark blue used currently to accent the KKII castles. I'd love to see new peices each year, new figs, weapons, gear, armor and so forth.

I'd also love to see a Greco-Roman theme--the possibilities are endless! The mythical beasts alone would keep us busy for years!

What about a Saxon faction to oppose the Vikings?! Monks as well.

If only, if only...
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

The Blue Knight wrote:I think Anthony's idea would be a dream come true. I wouldn't mind if they changed it up with new factions. Or an old faction opposing a new one. Lots of grey, dark grey and tan castles. I'd love more brown and green pieces. Less blue, red and white (that sounds unintentionally unpatriotic of me) as primary castle colors. Black is already well represented. "Off" colors for accent would be nice, such as the dark red, and dark blue used currently to accent the KKII castles. I'd love to see new peices each year, new figs, weapons, gear, armor and so forth.

I'd also love to see a Greco-Roman theme--the possibilities are endless! The mythical beasts alone would keep us busy for years!

What about a Saxon faction to oppose the Vikings?! Monks as well.

If only, if only...
Some great ideas here Blue. A human opposition to the vikings would play well into a developed theme, and expand nicely with it. They could also realease the new castle, and the (additional) "anti-"vikings at the same time, and still have interest in both I would think (maybe in part due to the lack of pirates right now?)
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

1. Amazons. Warrior women.
2. Viking mythology. The Norse Pantheon.
3. Coastal Faction. Maybe merfolk that are their allies.
4. Fantasy. Nuff said. Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins.
5. Asian themed. Ninja was good, it lasted two years. Monks, Ninjas, Samurai, Mages, Ronin.
6. Ancient civilizations. India, Greece, Rome, Celtic, etc.

And I'm sure I saw this same post two years ago. :wink:
DS9
Laborer

Post by DS9 »

cannons????????? You not sirious i hope, that would ruin the entire Castle theme! I rather have the start upto half the middle-ages then post-middle ages. Since post middle-ages has cannons and guns. It really stops the balance of the entire theme. I do like bigger ships (and more), harbours, farms, villanger houses, etc.
Crazy.. i was crazy once.. once they put me in a round room with a dot in the corner i liked that dot i counted that dot... one.. one..one..one ..it drove me crazy!! Crazy?!? I was crazy once!!