Will Lego ever make minifig packs again?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

I really don't understand where people are coming from when they go around saying that Lego can't put out a set of 5-6 figs for @$2 each. Do some of you have secret knowledge of Lego's books that you're not sharing?

Look at this one: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4811

That's an absolute classic of which I bought like 20. Not just a knight, but a knight with helmet, shield, 2 crossbows, quiver, 2 4x4 plates, a turntable, and 4 more unique bricks. For $2.

It's not financial reasons why Lego is not putting out castle minifig packs, it's their entire "storyline" philosophy behind kk2 that prevents it, where there aren't really armies at all, just unique individual characters that are used to sell higher priced sets by their exclusivity. Hopefully with the Battle of the Pass etc they are getting away from this and giving us some generic soldiers, but I think Troy is spot in saying that making minifig packs of kk2 is unattractive. In a lot of ways, the kk2 story has killed off army building, which can't be helpful to them financially.

A new minifig pack should be entirely off-storyline and give us some knew faction the way Knights Procession did, with more historic-type heraldry, a single armored knight w/horse, squire, and 3-4 archers/spear/axemen. Yeah, I'd buy like 10.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Unless it's too late (which it could be) and I just can't think right now, this looks more appropriate to the "Dear LEGO" forum. Hence, I'm moving it. Admins will, of course, return it hither if they see fit.

~Michael A. Joosten- Moderator~
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

It would be nice if TLC made minifig-packs again. I'm not a big fan of Knights Proccesion set and their faction, but it would be nice if they would re-release the set Medival Knights.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I wish they made like 8 minifigs under $15.00 but the closest thing you can get is the viking chess set(48 pieces not all minfigs) but its $50.00 and the Viking Big ballista thing (I forgot the name for a second) I have both.The chess set is very good (capes,axes,sticks,helmets)and the Ballista is very good for the same. :wink:
I am.......a....Future Legend