What would you like to see in a new Castle line?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Rubberchickenknight wrote:Maybe an Amazon realm, which the women established when King Matthias' men suddenly went crazy painting their armour. :D
Lol. Yes, that would solve the whole puzzle about why there are no females in the KKII universe.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
DS9
Laborer

Post by DS9 »

Great news!!! I actualy hate LEGO for stopping the Castle theme, never forgiven them for that. Hate to loose the old-stype pirate theme aswell. Maybe LEGO should start to listen to their customers more and less to their advisors :roll: Anyways, it's really great news that there are adleast rumors about bringing it back to life!

Personnally I like to have some things like:
- Civillian stuff: houses, farms, etc.
- more ships (and larger ones)
- return of short swords (old style version 1 + 2)
- new additions like weapons, armor and shields
- new types of pre-fabricated walls
- new hair peaces + hats + caps + bandanas, etc.
- back with the old style building (1988 - 1993)
Crazy.. i was crazy once.. once they put me in a round room with a dot in the corner i liked that dot i counted that dot... one.. one..one..one ..it drove me crazy!! Crazy?!? I was crazy once!!
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

I think this thread has been done a few times before, but whatever...

Honestly, I would like something relatively simple. Two factions (one in black armour, the other in grey), with some smaller sets showcasing medieval life (towns and the like). I don't expect historical accuracy, or anything so presumptuous, but I would like to see minifigs that could be at least on first glance, be viewed as being from the middle ages. No purple, or green armour, if you take my meaning.

Still, at this point I'm not expecting anything. My LEGO purchasing has fallen to almost zero, so I can't say that I'm a big factor at this point. A long period of unemployment has limited my recent involvement with LEGO, and I am more than content with my existing collection.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
DS9
Laborer

Post by DS9 »

I agree on the purple and green armor thing, we don't need the junk they have now. It's just a discrase to all us fan's. I myself do like the fact that atleast some historical things must be added, but since it's lego... do it with a wink to the past. Let's say... make a bit more fun with it.

btw... i seen lots of apple's, carrots and loads of other things that i never seen in holland before. where cn i get these???
Crazy.. i was crazy once.. once they put me in a round room with a dot in the corner i liked that dot i counted that dot... one.. one..one..one ..it drove me crazy!! Crazy?!? I was crazy once!!
LewsTherin
Peasant

Post by LewsTherin »

btw... i seen lots of apple's, carrots and loads of other things that i never seen in holland before. where cn i get these???

You can get them from a magical place called http://www.bricklink.com

Just Search Food.
DS9
Laborer

Post by DS9 »

hey thanks! Last time i was on bricklink i could not find them. Ill try again and buy as many as i can since i need a lot of them 8)
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Mike Viper wrote:I woudln't exactly ask for cows, then it would look like some FisherPrice element.

I would just ask for some good, clean, realistic walls that consist of more then one chunk, I want them built the ways they where built before I was born.

I don't want to have to pay for a big set because it's the only one with a piece I want.

I don't want them to be so stingy about weapon amounts and men.

I would want some good torsos that you could actually use for a realistic soldier setting.

I also would like them to at least resemble a castle, not some halved-out/demolished/ruined building that doesn't even look like a holdable structure.

I have to agree with you. There castle walls stink. Lego has really gone down in quality since before i was born. All of there castles look have assembled or half destroyed. [url]http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8822&cn=354
That looks really bad. Lego in general has gone to far off into media and crappy stuff.

Thomas
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Horak the Great
Peasant

Post by Horak the Great »

Ditto to what has been said already. Also, a Mongol or Turk (or some other Muslim faction) subtheme would be nice. Hmm... then again, given the political climate/state of affairs in the world, not so much of good idea.

King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table/Camelot would be another good subtheme for Castle.
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

1. more regular grey, and black pieces.
2. no more helmets designed for KK2.
3. more outdoor sets with grass, rocks and trees.
4. more old helmets, and hats/cowls.
5. some printed, and some plain euro armor.
6. no jelly bean armor.
7. more plumes.
8. old swords.

I probably forgot a lot of stuff. I mainly want the new series to have nothing dealing with KK2, and not have the same weapons.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

[quote="Athos"]I agree with everything you've said. In addition I'd like to see some new animal pieces. Specifically, cows, pigs, bears and deer would be very nice.

Steve[/quote]

I would have to say everything you just posted. :P
I am.......a....Future Legend
robin d. hood
Gong Farmer

new castles...

Post by robin d. hood »

well, I agree with everything. I wish we could get more subthemes as well i.e forestmen, different knight factions, peasants, etc. oh please lego!!!!! :shock:
"Thus endys the talkyng of the munke
And Robyn Hode i-wysse;
God, that is euer a crowned kyng,
Bryng vs all to his blisse"- robin hood and the monk
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Aside from Asian stuff... I would like to see a Meso-American line:

Aztec/Mayan style buildings... and these troops.

Aztecs
Jaguar Warrior - armed with a Macana
Eagle Warrior - armed with a spear
Macehaultin - armed with a sling
Atl-atl Warrior - armed with an atl-atl
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Aragornn45
Foot Soldier

Post by Aragornn45 »

This will never happen...but I would like to see the Robin Hood/Forestmen line brought back. The other stuff that you guys mentioned all makes sense and I agree with a lot of it but I just really liked this particular sub theme :wink:
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

supernova wrote:For a new castle I would like to see:

1) less prefab walls and more grey (well i guess its bley now) bricks!

2) barding and euro armour on a dark grey/grey/black/chrome knight!

3) some medieval town sets, not just castle/keeps etc... armoury, blacksmith and inns (like 6041, 6040 and 6067... :lol: ) would be nice

4) the return of minifig packs as army builders (sigh.. i wish i knew what they were for when I was a kid!)

5) make modular sets so they can be both stand-alone as well as a modular town/castle etc

6) return of short swords please... i think that's the best castle weapon so far produced by lego (and black ones please :))

7) not really castle related, but more complete rooftile packs! the current ones available from the lego store doesn't seem to be able to build a roof, or at least a roof that needs some double convex/double concave parts
Ok - YES YES YES.. this stuff. and a real Griffon, not a hippogryff.

and since they are doing the skeleton things anyways, how about some more fantasy? Elves? Dwarves? Trolls!?!?
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

LEGOFREAK wrote:
supernova wrote:For a new castle I would like to see:

1) less prefab walls and more grey (well i guess its bley now) bricks!

2) barding and euro armour on a dark grey/grey/black/chrome knight!

3) some medieval town sets, not just castle/keeps etc... armoury, blacksmith and inns (like 6041, 6040 and 6067... :lol: ) would be nice

4) the return of minifig packs as army builders (sigh.. i wish i knew what they were for when I was a kid!)

5) make modular sets so they can be both stand-alone as well as a modular town/castle etc

6) return of short swords please... i think that's the best castle weapon so far produced by lego (and black ones please :))

7) not really castle related, but more complete rooftile packs! the current ones available from the lego store doesn't seem to be able to build a roof, or at least a roof that needs some double convex/double concave parts
Ok - YES YES YES.. this stuff. and a real Griffon, not a hippogryff.

and since they are doing the skeleton things anyways, how about some more fantasy? Elves? Dwarves? Trolls!?!?
I agree with both of you. My three biggest fantasy wishes are a griffon, centaur and minataur.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.