"Build Your Army" Castle battle packs.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

I love the idea of a bucket of generic minifigs for the more popular themes (especially castle). Failing that, I'd like to see some small, modular sets like walls with a handfull of minifigs. These could be the equivalent of the Star Wars Battlepacks, with simply designed walls and four or five minifigs. I suppose the skeletons could have a ladder party, with a few goblins thrown in for variety. Such a thing would be the stuff of dreams.
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Such a thing would be the stuff of dreams.
Sadly, that's just what it is likely to remain, the stuff of dreams. :cry: Now I'm all depressed.
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
Sir Lancelot
Villein

Post by Sir Lancelot »

I don't know. The stuff of dreams can be pretty tangible. Why not write or email Lego suggesting this? I mean if we all put are names on it then why couldn't it come true. If everyone at Classic-Castle.com put their name on the list then we might succeed.

Maybe...
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

Sir Lancelot wrote:I think that a Dwarven Impulse set would be quite nice. However, the set will be a long time coming. The major selling factor of "Dwarf's Mine" are well the Dwarves. As long as that set sells well, Lego will not drive away consumers from it by offering other ways of getting Dwarves.

Pity...
the dwarf's mine will not be sold after this year.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
Sir Lancelot
Villein

Post by Sir Lancelot »

Asterios wrote:
True, but Lego's going to make more dwarves. I mean, do you think Lego's going to give up on the money load of building dwarves after only one holiday season?
Asterios
Solecist

Post by Asterios »

Sir Lancelot wrote:
Asterios wrote:
True, but Lego's going to make more dwarves. I mean, do you think Lego's going to give up on the money load of building dwarves after only one holiday season?
oh no plenty of sets ready to go next year.
Lord of the Armies

and

Master of the Domain
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

What makes you so sure?
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

HeartOfDarkness wrote:What makes you so sure?
Trust me on this. I've known Rick (Asterios) since 2002 through BrickLink and that man has his sources on these types of information.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

It's a nice idea but if something like that is ever produced for the Crown Knights it will probably include 2 angry faced soldiers with axes and without shields (from 7090) 1 knight (from 7009) without a horse and lance and 1 crossbowmen (from 7029) with a crossbow and without quiver and then some small structure. :(
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

I don't know. The stuff of dreams can be pretty tangible. Why not write or email Lego suggesting this? I mean if we all put are names on it then why couldn't it come true. If everyone at Classic-Castle.com put their name on the list then we might succeed.
hmm you know thats worth trying!

firstly lets get it clear what kind of set we want;

I think a small wall piece, with maybe 2 knights (both with sword and shield) and a crossbowmen and call it something like 'Knights defence'

Then a skeleton force with 5 skeletons, a catapult or other peice of seige equipment, and call that something like 'skeleton attack party'

maybe same kind of sets for the dwarves and troll/orks.

whoever would put their name to that say below
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Knights should be by themselves or in a small set. Some examples being 6008, 6009, 6011, 6013, 6021, 6026, 6035, and 8777. There would be more foot soldiers than knights and you wouldn't want 2 knights for every 1 archer. In the classic sets every figure had the same smiling face but that is not the case anymore. That being said I think we have enough of this man.
I believe a knights battlepack should include 3 of the soldiers with the neck protector helmets, 2 of the soldier with the wide brim helmet, 2 quivers, 1 bow, 1 crossbow, 1 spear, 1 sword, 1 axe, and 4 triangular shields. A skeleton battlepack should include 3 white skeletons (maybe 1 or 2 with the barbute helmet not sure about this), 2 black skeletons, 1 scythe (with the shaft/handle), 1 mace, 2 crossbows, (2 quivers? :lol: ), and 1 halberd. I don't think there is a need for skeleton horses in this set, they are fairly easy to come by. I'm not sure about Dwarfs (Dwarves?) or Trolls, more information is needed.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

I still don't like the ratio of archers to men-at-arms. Historical realism be darned!
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

lord azreal wrote:
hmm you know thats worth trying!

firstly lets get it clear what kind of set we want;

I think a small wall piece, with maybe 2 knights (both with sword and shield) and a crossbowmen and call it something like 'Knights defence'

Then a skeleton force with 5 skeletons, a catapult or other peice of seige equipment, and call that something like 'skeleton attack party'

maybe same kind of sets for the dwarves and troll/orks.

whoever would put their name to that say below
Hmm, even if they would make that... wouldnt a bow be better than a crossbow with the humans?
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Bows are better than crossbows anyway.
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

agreed actually, but its just to fit in, as all the other sets seem to have them
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day