We want Plumes

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

In 1987, I was 10 years old and just started getting into castle. I loved the plumes. I used them for rank and also to make similar figs unique.

1n 1992, I was 15 and thought the dragon plumes were stupid. I don't know if I was too old to appreciate them, but I didn't like them then and I do not like them now. However, I still like the original plumes.

Regarding old plumes not coming to retail ever again, okay. I can accept that, but they should do something new since helmets with plume-holes are showing up in sets again.

TLC should also make more old plumes for PAB, an accessory pack, or some other non-retail product. Just to use up the mold. When they do, they should be made in new colors. Dark Green, Dark Blue, Dark Red, and Purple and perhaps some of the original plume colors as well.

Then they can tell us the mold is worn out, destroy it and let us have one last crack at the plumes.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Berstoke
Serf

Post by Berstoke »

I have always loved plumes and have felt that most of the knight helmets seriously lack something without them. My little brother has never liked them, uses them rarely and cuts off the little piece that holds them.

Personally I find that especially the visorless grill helm looks completely naked without them.

With no new plumes I have taken to making my own mostly out of those flame pieces.

Why doesn't Lego make an extra pack of plumes if they don't want the expense of adding them to the sets? I'd sure think they'd sell well enough to be worth the effort.
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

Before I seriously got into castle I didn't think too much of plumes. To be honest, I couldn't even find any (I used to just dump everything into one big bucket, but hey we all have to start somewhere :)). But after I started getting into castle more and more, plumes seemed to be a necessity for any commander or knight.

It does seem kind of stupid tough that LEGO would keep making helmets that had tiny holes for plumes but not make any plumes for them. I can understand the shipping and all that, but then why not just start making helmets without plume holes then? I would like to seem plumes back, as long as they aren't those big bulky Dragon Masters ones!

Hob Took
Pallando the Blue
Freeman

Post by Pallando the Blue »

Surely if TLC made a whole new mold for the Viking's horns, they can do one for plumes. I also agree on the statement that they could release less fire pieces so that they could leave space for plumes. If fire pieces have the small pins and don't need a wheel, TLC could make a plume without using the disposeable wheel.
<><
Hillyard
Gong Farmer

Post by Hillyard »

I hate having the knight's helmet (seen in the set final joust) not having a plume...I wonder why he even has that middle section that extends up on his helmet to an empty hole. Come on TLC S@H bring a knight's accessory bag!
-Zach
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

"Give Me Plumes Or Give Me Death!!!!!!!!" (or at lest a miner injury.)(you know what on secant thought just give me a Dutch Rub.)
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Danielas wrote:"Give Me Plumes Or Give Me Death!!!!!!!!" (or at lest a miner injury.)(you know what on secant thought just give me a Dutch Rub.)
Uh, no thanks I don't want a Dutch Rub.
I'd love it if LEGO brought back dragon plumes though.
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMES! WE WANT PLUMES! WE WANT PLUMES!
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs

Post by Hound Knight »

DanDanLegoman wrote:
Baned wrote: -Where are the mounted knights' plumes? :(
Thank you! I thought I was the only one who cared. I really want to see the plumes included!
I was thinking that too! When I first saw the new sets, I was like "what!??!?! No plumes?!?!!!?!? :shock: :shock:
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
Wolfpack7
Serf

Post by Wolfpack7 »

hooray :o
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

I feel a plumey disturbance in the Force. ;) :D
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

sir dano wrote:I feel a plumey disturbance in the Force. ;) :D
I feel this disturbance as well.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

A pity they didn't appear for Castle 07, 08! Oh well. Hopefully we'll see them in Castle too next year.

The new flame/plume looks quite interesting indeed - I'm guessing it has both pin and cylinder, just like the small plumes of old had.

I'm hoping the traditional plume is not just an errant stray into the mock-up, and that we will get them again as well as the new flame part that seems to double up as a plume.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Brickzone wrote:A pity they didn't appear for Castle 07, 08! Oh well. Hopefully we'll see them in Castle too next year.

The new flame/plume looks quite interesting indeed - I'm guessing it has both pin and cylinder, just like the small plumes of old had.

I'm hoping the traditional plume is not just an errant stray into the mock-up, and that we will get them again as well as the new flame part that seems to double up as a plume.
T'would be a brilliant step forward for LEGO. Plumes and new animals have always been lacking, and we seem to be seeing some improvement in these areas!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Mega Bloks King Arthur sets have knights, with plumes. Looks like a challenge LEGO. Take up the fight!
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-