New Harry Potter line.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Spongey
Merchant

New Harry Potter line.

Post by Spongey »

In light of the possible new Harry Potter line, and yet another Hogwarts, I have an idea that I think LEGO should have acted upon.
Instead of creating multiple Hogwarts, or even any Hogwarts, wouldn't it have been better for LEGO to introduce multiple smaller sets that would be able to interconnect to make one big Hogwarts? For example, there could be more than just Snape's class for Potions, a separate set for the Great Hall, etc.
This would benefit everyone involved. LEGO would make money off of the fact that more sets are being sold. The FOL's on the other hand, wouldn't have to shell out a lot of money at once for a big set, but gradually complete their collection. And Hogwarts would probably turn out a lot bigger and more detailed.
A little too late, I know, but I was just wondering everyone's opinion on this idea.

Thanks,

Spongey
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

This would have been a great way to do it. They could also then have done the mega-packs with the different sets all sold together to make the "Hogwarts Castle" Pack.

I loved buying the small sets like Dobby's release (I think I bought 5 or 6).
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I agree that this would have made a much nicer castle, and been better for TLG's bottom line too!

However, I'm guessing one reason they always have a $100 set is because of either (1) they aren't sure the same theme will be as popular one or two years later, so they want people who like it now to buy buy buy... and two (2) Some people (like parents buying for a son/daughter) might buy a few sets, but never get around to buying them all.

My parents were always to busy/lazy to help me collect everything in a line of toys. :) I guess if they make one big set, it's much easier for parents/kids to give their money, and much easier for TLG to collect it. Heh heh heh.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
gh0st0f0nyx

Post by gh0st0f0nyx »

Haven't they done this before with the first two movies? like you collected sets and it even came with a pic of all of them stuck together?
You're right. they should have done this for this line.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

I would agree that various Hogwarts castle components (or rooms) would be a great way of doing things. This way you can always expand the castle over a period of a couple of years, by simply producing more castle “rooms” the following years. So basically the castle grows as you buy sets. – Very nice thinking Spongey
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

This would be agree, but I don't think there are going to be any more Harry Potter sets; some one point me correctly if I'm wrong.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

Lord Felix wrote:This would be agree, but I don't think there are going to be any more Harry Potter sets; some one point me correctly if I'm wrong.
There is a new Hogwarts being released sometime in the future and I asume more sets to complement the new movie when it comes out
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

This *is* how the hogwarts sets were designed. The first two "big" hogwarts castles, the first one and then the second with the clock, go together back to back. The classrooms/dungeons stack underneath them. Dambledore's tower plugs in to one end. If you look around, a few people have pics up of them all put together into one giant Hogwarts that opens up. It looks really cool all together.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Kev wrote:This *is* how the hogwarts sets were designed. The first two "big" hogwarts castles, the first one and then the second with the clock, go together back to back. The classrooms/dungeons stack underneath them. Dambledore's tower plugs in to one end. If you look around, a few people have pics up of them all put together into one giant Hogwarts that opens up. It looks really cool all together.
I see this. However, I'm talking about splitting the castles themselves into separate sets. The great hall, gryffindor tower, astronomy tower, and library are all squished into one castle, along with other rooms, meaning that none have any good structure or proper detail.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I think they ended the Harry Potter line when it went PG-13, it started to get violent, who knows, Harry Potter 7 might be intense PG-13.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Prince Imdol wrote:I think they ended the Harry Potter line when it went PG-13, it started to get violent, who knows, Harry Potter 7 might be intense PG-13.
Maybe we will see Lego create some gruesome Lego sets (I am just dreaming out-a-loud). :D
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Prince Imdol wrote:I think they ended the Harry Potter line when it went PG-13, it started to get violent, who knows, Harry Potter 7 might be intense PG-13.
The Harry Potter line is not ended.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.