Give us pirates!

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
The_Fright_Knight
Laborer

Post by The_Fright_Knight »

Yeah, we need real pirates. I never got any of the old pirates sets. What about the Islanders? I can't be the only one who wants Islanders.
"Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
-Bilbo Baggins
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

The_Fright_Knight wrote:I can't be the only one who wants Islanders.
I'd love to see Pirates return, but I don't share your enthusiasm about Islanders. I prefer another colonial fraction, especially redesigned blue "French" soldiers.
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

prefer another colonial fraction
Faction.

I'm on the fence. The colonial troops were pretty cool and definitely fit with pirates as the 'good guys' (or the evil central government trying to stop 'free thinkers' - whatever). But the Islanders were -very- cool as well. Unfortunately, the Islanders had very few sets, which probably means LEGO would never consider reviving them.

I'd be happy with either faction showing up - and I agree with the enthusiasm towards bringing Pirates back. Would be a popular decision for LEGO to make, considering the Pirates. . . movies are in full swing.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

An off-topic post:
Damien wrote:Faction.
You won't expect me to write in the forum and look up words in a dictionary, do you? In my language the word is actually fraction so I keep misspelling it from time to time.

You've made similar remarks in other posts, so if there's a problem, please PM me.
Fry_slayer
Steward

Post by Fry_slayer »

Damien has always been blunt as he is being harmless :wink: I assure u he means well.

With all the brickheads in the HQ i am sure LEGO is aware of the pirate hype picking up. But to steer a company this big with the available unlock-up resources is not easy as it seems. Yes pls bring back the long missing pirates on the next possible chance LEGO ( Which i suspect they are already on their way judging by their plot of Junior pirates release)
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Fryslayer]Brickshelf[/url] | [url=http://brickgamers.blogspot.com/]BrickGamers[/url]
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

You won't expect me to write in the forum and look up words in a dictionary, do you? In my language the word is actually fraction so I keep misspelling it from time to time.
I find this a little suspect, but since I'm not actually fluent in Bulgarian at this time, I'll have to take your word for it. Still strange considered Bulgarian is related to languages like Greek, Romanian, and Italian, none of which say "fraction" as faction (especially considering Bulgarian does not, generally, make much use of the Latin Alphabet).

But I'm rambling. It was only meant as a correction, not to incite World War III. I've actually seen quite a few people (native English speakers being the -majority-) who make spelling mistakes of the sort. I was attempting just to be helpful. No offense was intended.
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Damien wrote:Still strange considered Bulgarian is related to languages like Greek, Romanian, and Italian, none of which say "fraction" as faction (especially considering Bulgarian does not, generally, make much use of the Latin Alphabet).
First of all, Bulgarian is as much related to Greek, Italian and Romanian as English is. Actually it is a Slavic language (the group includes Russian, Polish, Serbo-Croatian, Czech, etc.) and none of the above is. You are right about the alphabet - we use cyrillic and the word that provoked the World War III, as you called it :D , is written as фракция and pronounced [frakcia] and its exact translation is faction. It originates from the Latin fractio.
Damien wrote:I was attempting just to be helpful. No offense was intended.
Appreciate that. I like your sense of humor and the little ironic remarks you make from time to time. :lol: I must admit that I never check my spelling on posting and may be I should. Settled on my behalf.

Regards!
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

Bulgarian is as much related to Greek, Italian and Romanian as English is.
Actually, that was probably a bad example. As a hodgepodge language, English is related to Italian (and Greek, to a lesser extent), as well as Spanish, French, and other languages.

But that's neither here nor there. What I meant was that many languages share words - I believe Bulgarian uses chao - the same as Italian ("ciao"). Is that not so? (Like I said, I'm really rough around the edges with Bulgarian.)

and the word that provoked the World War III, as you called it , is written as фракция and pronounced [frakcia] and its exact translation is faction. It originates from the Latin fractio.
Ah-ha! So I will expect you to either say Frakcia, or Faction, from now on! Haha, kidding. But I do see where the mispelling comes from - sort of a hybrid of frakcia and faction. Very interesting. Thanks for clarifying.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I thought that was so sad when they made like Jack Stone pirates even if they come with a few weapons :cry: I wish they would make REAL Legos. :?
I am.......a....Future Legend
Dunechaser
Councilor

Post by Dunechaser »

July of 2006? Come on!
-Andrew B.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunechaser/]Flickr[/url] | [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com/]The Brothers Brick[/url]
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

What annoys me is that LEGO did not bother to take advantage of the popularity of Pirates of the Caribbean. Im sure lots of kids, teens, and adults would've bought LEGO Pirates in correllation to the movies.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
robin d. hood
Gong Farmer

Post by robin d. hood »

I've noticed the less backstory/storyline lego gives a theme, the more fun and popular it can be. All you need is a very vague storyline, and your mind does the rest. I'm sick of this harry potter/batman/nickelodeon crap that isn't half as good as previous themes. (i.e pirates classic castle, and classic space. ugh. that's my two cents.
"Thus endys the talkyng of the munke
And Robyn Hode i-wysse;
God, that is euer a crowned kyng,
Bryng vs all to his blisse"- robin hood and the monk
Dunechaser
Councilor

Post by Dunechaser »

JPinoy wrote:What annoys me is that LEGO did not bother to take advantage of the popularity of Pirates of the Caribbean. Im sure lots of kids, teens, and adults would've bought LEGO Pirates in correllation to the movies.
That may be true, but MB had the PotC movie license, and I doubt LEGO would have wanted to go up against a licensed theme from another brand. Name recognition goes a long way.
-Andrew B.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunechaser/]Flickr[/url] | [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com/]The Brothers Brick[/url]
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Dunechaser wrote:MB had the PotC movie license, and I doubt LEGO would have wanted to go up against a licensed theme from another brand. Name recognition goes a long way.
I had the same thought, by doing so it might even look like LEGO was playing second fiddle to Megabloks, rather than the other way round.
DanDanLegoman
Freeman

Post by DanDanLegoman »

I heard a rumor on Eurobricks that Pirates are coming back. It's just a rumor, which could turn out to be nothing, but I didn't see it mentioned here. Anyone else have more info?

Linky