Dear Lego ZOODLES

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Dear Lego ZOODLES

Post by Ser Loktar »

I'm surprised that with all these dear lego threads no one's thought of what I consider a big problem. The problem I refer to is the fact that all my poor castle denizens have no meat to eat but seige rations (dogs, cats, horses, those dumb fish attached to ninja buildings, etc.) In the ref. cat. on bricklink I discovered the duplo zoo packs and thought they were just brilliant but as I continued was very dissapointed they never made a lego equivalent. Just imagine a set with bears of many colors, sure dogs, cats, whatever they need to flesh out the set, but the most important of all, I WANNA LEGO DEER! The stupid santa set from the advent calender had Grimm the grey nosed dog pulling it, come on TLG you can do better. I've looked around for a brick built substitute but none meet my prerequisites (needs to have a way to sling it from a pole upside down) and it's wearing me down inside. Please Lego hear the prayers of this insignificant castler and make me a zoo. (or even just a stag)
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

I originally would have agreed with you. However, the last time I agreed that there was no other way to have farm/zoo animals without specialty LEGO ones, I was hit unawares by about a dozen Anthony Sava creations, all premade LEGO animals.
If you want a zoo, get out a few bricks and start making it! It shouldn't be too hard.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Spongey wrote:I originally would have agreed with you. However, the last time I agreed that there was no other way to have farm/zoo animals without specialty LEGO ones, I was hit unawares by about a dozen Anthony Sava creations, all premade LEGO animals.
If you want a zoo, get out a few bricks and start making it! It shouldn't be too hard.
Hey Spongey, I agree with you. Don't let the Anthony Sava creations sway your opinion/s.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

I am a vegetarian, we could eat more veggies, that goes for lego people too, keep eating your veggies.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Deer would be magnificent! ALso, just more animals in general.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

Can't believe I didn't mention this thought initially. The antlers should be a form of plumage with the ability to attach to old pointed visors and DM helms. I need my stag lord to be distinguished from his knights after all.

Spongey: Though I agree that Sava is the man I did take a look through the tutorial on brick built beasts in the archives and while I was impressed with all the ideas (my cows and chickens look similar to some) the stag must be slingable from a lance upside down and that's a tall order for a BB design.

g2: I don't quite follow sorry. Should I build or complain to TLG?

Price Imdol: I agree that in a perfect world no one would eat anything that feels pain but on a more realistic note there are real deer in our real woods (whether you eat 'em or not) and I figure my lego dudes should have the freedom to chose as well. (my peasants got the king to sign a magna carta ages ago) That said kudos on your stance. (wish I could give up the taste of blood)

Kelderic: While I agree that there aren't enough animals represented in the lego pallette, and at the risk of contradicting my message to Prince Imdol, I think it would be a shame if we had ferrets, voles, coyotes, and foxes while they should be working on the cool new flails and sythes. We've already got how many bird shapes we don't need 4 different rats,mice, etc.

Just my 2 cents,

Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Post by Danju the Clever »

The Brick Testament has a ton of brick-built animals to check out. I reccomend going there for inspiration.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I'm surprised that with all these dear lego threads no one's thought of what I consider a big problem... I WANNA LEGO DEER!
Actually it has been addressed. I know I take every opportunity presented in threads dealing with what I would like to see in new sets to raise this issue (though, not specifically or solely in respect to a deer, but also for cows, sheep, pigs and fowl).

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Rayhawk
Peasant

Post by Rayhawk »

Ser Loktar wrote:Can't believe I didn't mention this thought initially. The antlers should be a form of plumage with the ability to attach to old pointed visors and DM helms. I need my stag lord to be distinguished from his knights after all.
Not to be anti-classic, but I'd rather have them fit into Viking helms. That seems like it'd give them a lot more re-use potential.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I don't really like brickbuilt beasts for the same reason that I dislike the first brickbuilt horses - they look too robotic and unnatural. We need organic models, Lego!

- Matt
supernova
Journeyman

Post by supernova »

Heh... its a demand and supply problem
Lego can/will only make that many moulds.
A deer mould has less potential than... say... the mudguards mould used in city cars (I recently got a couple from the SW battlepacks)
That said, if we ever get a Lego (not Duplo!! ) zoo/safari town set, which I think may be very popular with younger kids indeed, then I would love to see deers and other wildlife :)
~~ Supernova ~~

Good trades with: Chrislad77, kelderic, Strider, Unknown Knight and ZIGGY!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Sir Kohran wrote:I don't really like brickbuilt beasts for the same reason that I dislike the first brickbuilt horses - they look too robotic and unnatural. We need organic models, Lego!
I agree with you completely. Brickbuilt animals looks good, but many times come off looking robotic.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.