Old plume attatchment, or viking style?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

Kev wrote:This really bugged me about the viking helms. By using those big plugs, instead of the old type pins, lego completely screwed up what otherwise would be a fantastic versatile helm. Not only does the viking helm look terrible without the horns, but by using such wide and deep plugs, lego had to raise the entire helmet up above where it should sit on the head, giving the vikings more of a mushroom-head look that is none too cool. I *almost* passed on the whole line because of this.
Hey, some old plumes still fit in the helmet.
:wink:
Your ad here.
BuilderQ
Laborer

Post by BuilderQ »

Spongey wrote:Would it not be possible for the horns to be dual-purposed. Have a thin tip for use in helmets that is attached to a thicker tip that can be put into MOCs. It might be a more awkward piece, but it would provide universal versatility.
That is the way some of the classic plumes are: Image
kelderic wrote:The only problem would be that the smaller tip would stick out from the larger one, and would then be too long to fit in a hole meant for the big one.
... though with that problem. The plumes in Zacku's picture, however, can be attached on either of their sides, and so avoid the problem.
Tekbot
Gong Farmer

Post by Tekbot »

I'm also in favour of helmets with smaller holes. Another thing that kinda annoys me is that helmets with horns wasn't a widespread headgear among the non-lego vikings.

So if you, like me, are interested in incorporating the 11th century scandinavian feeling into your building, these helmets would have been great without the horns.

As you all can understand, thinking about this keeps me awake at night. :wink:
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

I would have to agree with you comepletly, the Viking style helms get annoying a lot with those huge holes on the helmet when you try to make custom characters.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I would go for the smaller ones because if you dont have the plume it still looks good,but the vikings have huge holes. :?
I am.......a....Future Legend
Sir_Brick
Freeman

Post by Sir_Brick »

I completley agree that the plumes were better and should be reused. Aside from the facts that I never use the viking helms, and that they look tacky with the big holes in the side when you take the horns out I think that plumes and dragon symbols are much more interesting than horns in the first place. It would be nice if Lego continued plumes and cooler if they made new plumes :D .
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

who knows, mabey lego could do both, but I still liked the plums.
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Tekbot wrote:Another thing that kinda annoys me is that helmets with horns wasn't a widespread headgear among the non-lego vikings.
On the contrary, there helms are very "widespread". They take up four studs lengthwise! :wink:
nwinch
Peasant

Post by nwinch »

yep i was going to use thehelms for dwaves but i will have to file off those horn holders
92% of teens would die if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasnt cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Kev wrote:… lego had to raise the entire helmet up above where it should sit on the head, giving the vikings more of a mushroom-head look that is none too cool.
Nice description.

Running into the throne room, the sentry stops a few feet away from his king. “Sire, Sire….The mushroom-heads, are approaching us from the west”. The sentry stops to catch his breath, while waiting for further orders from his king.
“Right, tell the kitchen staff that we will be needed their largest frying pans, and lots of cooking oil”.
With a big grin, the sentry prepares to relay the King’s order. “At once sire”