Pirates?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Also, there was a Studios polybag (Quaker Oats promo set) that was set around a pirate movie.
1411: Pirates Treasure Hunt

Man I kinda do wish there were more pirates agian. Although I dunno how I would even manage to purchase any of them, what with my obsession with castle and bricklink...

I remember that one of my first non bulk bucket sets was the 6257 Castaway's Raft And the Imperial Flagship and Imperial trading posts were tow of my largest sets for a very long time. Till I found the 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner on sale at a store once!

Ah, pirates were my first love, so even for old time's sake it would be neat to see them around agian.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Spongey wrote:… it's been nearly ten years since they've had a pirate set.
Has it really been that long. Wow, time flies when you are having fun (or at least playing with Lego).
Dunechaser
Councilor

Post by Dunechaser »

The whole pirate line was great, from Imperial Armada to Imperial Soldiers to Islanders, with great factions all around. Pirates were released during my purchasing dark ages (I never stopped building), but when I started buying again, I caught the tail end and managed to pick up Black Seas Barracuda at 75% off on clearance. 8)

Yes, many of us want Pirates back. John L. and I have both communicated this wish to LEGO, and pointed to this thread here on C-C.
-Andrew B.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunechaser/]Flickr[/url] | [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com/]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Dunechaser wrote:The whole pirate line was great, from Imperial Armada to Imperial Soldiers to Islanders, with great factions all around. Pirates were released during my purchasing dark ages (I never stopped building), but when I started buying again, I caught the tail end and managed to pick up Black Seas Barracuda at 75% off on clearance. 8)

Yes, many of us want Pirates back. John L. and I have both communicated this wish to LEGO, and pointed to this thread here on C-C.
I noticed on Eurobricks that someone mentioned an Ambassadorial thread on Pirates, which could signify the return of pirates soon. From what you are allowed to disclose, are these talks serious, and is the chance of the Pirates theme coming back soon a real possibility. I understand that this may be something that can't be disclosed, but just asking in case you can reveal something to us.
Thanks.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Hi Spongey,
Unfortunately we're not allowed to talk about new themes (a famous line by now, to be sure) but at this point it's just us pointing LEGO towards these threads, and telling them there's a lot of fans out there who would be thrilled with a new pirates line. It's up to LEGO if they take it seriously enough to start a new line.

In the meantime, if you love pirates, I suggest building some pirate MOC's and showing LEGO just how much you love pirates, and why they're a great idea!

-John L.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

J1A3L5 wrote:Hi Spongey,
Unfortunately we're not allowed to talk about new themes (a famous line by now, to be sure) but at this point it's just us pointing LEGO towards these threads, and telling them there's a lot of fans out there who would be thrilled with a new pirates line. It's up to LEGO if they take it seriously enough to start a new line.

In the meantime, if you love pirates, I suggest building some pirate MOC's and showing LEGO just how much you love pirates, and why they're a great idea!

-John L.
I understand this. Good luck in your ambassadorial pursuits, and thanks again for all of the work you've done up until now.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Considering the success of the pirates of the Caribbean movies it would seam likely that Lego might hitch a ride on the renewed pirate trend. 8)

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Last edited by Emp.Justinian on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

i was thinking that myself about the movies, it's not like pirates ever have been "out of style" or whatever. Pirates were my first lego sets and I really enjoyed them. I'd probably have more of them than castle if it was possible to get large amounts. I dunno but some of early pirate sets had a lot of charm, and really how can lego not pirate ship it seems so basic. Interesting thing about Pirates is that unlike castle the quality never dropped off. I know some prefered the older look/sets but it was really a matter of taste not an obvious drop off of design. So yes i love pirate, it'd be great to have them back.
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

Pirates would be good now, I need ships and those Conquistor hats.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I don't have a clue but I would love to get some,pluss I need some ships at the moment. :cry:
I am.......a....Future Legend