Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Crystal Golf

Discussion of general LEGO topics

Crystal Golf

Postby mpoh98 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:19 pm

Built for the 2013 MocOlympics, against my opponent Stuart Lucas and his amazing entry.

Category:
Rube Goldberg: Always a classic... Build a working Rube Goldberg machine. A machine that performs a simple task using over the top mechanics. You do not HAVE to have a video showing it work (videos are preferred if you can) but at the very least must have pics of the machine working at every stage.

Another late entry. I was not able to build this whole week, being so busy, so this was put together in 2 days. :? Unfortunately, I was not able to get it to work in time, so my dad quickly put together an edited video to show you how it SHOULD work. The idea is over complexing of putting a ball into a hole.

Best of luck Stuart!

Link to video.
Mocpages, Flickr
Support Huckleberry Finn on Lego Ideas!
Philippians 4:13
mpoh98
Justiciar

Re: Crystal Golf

Postby Aeridian » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Nice job! It's a bummer you weren't able to get it to work properly, because it looks really neat.
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
Flickr
Aeridian
Councilor

Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Postby mpoh98 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Aeridian wrote:Nice job! It's a bummer you weren't able to get it to work properly, because it looks really neat.

Thanks! Yeah, it wouldn't cooperate in the 1 hour time slot we had. :?
Mocpages, Flickr
mpoh98
Justiciar

Postby Gavin of Lockwood » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Still looks great! I've always wanted to do a Rube-Goldberg machine, but I don't have idea idea where to start.
Besides, I have half a dozen things I want to finish before December. Plus school. : P
ImageImage
-Omnibus pro Deo.
My Flickr
Gavin of Lockwood
Archer

Postby mpoh98 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:03 am

Gavin of Lockwood wrote:Still looks great! I've always wanted to do a Rube-Goldberg machine, but I don't have idea idea where to start.
Besides, I have half a dozen things I want to finish before December. Plus school. : P

Thanks man! I should try it, there are fun, but taking the video of it working is a pain! :?
Mocpages, Flickr
mpoh98
Justiciar

Return to General LEGO