How do you store your figs?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I only store figs in Baggies. Figs are usually an afterthought when building a MOC so they don't tend to interfere to much with the building process. Some people can't afford extensive storage containers so baggies are a nice cheap alternative. Hence the baggies. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
cracker nate
Peasant

Storage

Post by cracker nate »

I fancy myself as an army builder, so I like organization. A lot.

Space (Space Marines and SW):
In a small tackle box that has small sections on the top. The sections on the top house walkie-talkies, lightsabres, megaphones, and of course blasters from the Little Armory. Inside the box are all of me space figs, maybe 50 in all.

Castle:
One plastic box for all of the figs.
One of the segmented box for armor, helms, hats, hair, flags, and feathers.
One segmented box for the various kinds of weapons.

My hope is that in a few months when my wife and I move, I'll finally have a place where I can display my armies inall their equipped and tricked out glory. If not, I want to get a huge tackle box for all my figs and all their accessories.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I store my figures in ziplock bags. I do need to organize them because the western figs are with the town and castle figs. But usually torsos, heads, and legs, have been mixed anyway. Someday I will upgrade to plastic containers or a shelf for my LEGO.

Ben
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I store most of them in plastic bins, or ziplock bags, or just arrange them into formations on 32x32 plates. A few are displayed, such as leader figs, kings, and etc.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Right now I store the unused figs all together in one drawer of a plastic organizer, and the rest of my pieces in Tupperware-type containers according to size. Sometime, though, I'd like to have some wall to wall, floor to ceiling shelf units with drawers in for *every* single size and color of piece. In other words, Red 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6 etc. all in different drawers. Maybe even separating plates and bricks of the same size! That would take plenty of space, however...
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I store them like this:

Image Image Image

Non-Castle figs all together in one big bin, Castle figs unsorted in LEGO boxes. The only figs sorted are my Black Falcons. Accessoires are sorted in the drawers.

Bye
Jojo

AoErat
Villein

Post by AoErat »

Wow, nice collection jojo!

I store my figs on the set (I keep them all built). If I have duplicates or figs from incomplete sets (ie, a collection I bought or something) they are grouped by theme in small buckets or shoeboxes or something like that.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Wow!

Post by Sir Terrance »

Jojo, did you buy your figs from Bricklink, or just get one heck of a lot of BBF and other castles sets?
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

It's not that many figs, I'm not an army builder like others. And no, I usually don't buy figs from BrickLink (way too expensive). Nor did I buy more than three Legend BBFs. I don't count the re-released BF-figs into my BF army.

Bye
Jojo