What is the worst value for a LEGO set?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Sir Terrance
Councilor

What is the worst value for a LEGO set?

Post by Sir Terrance »

What do you think is the worst value for a LEGO set, for the price and pieces you get. I would have to say 10026 SE Naboo Starfighter. What do you think?
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

6098 or 6096 for castle sets, although I do reserve that judgement until the new KK line comes out. King Leo's castle for its $100.00 price tag had very few bricks or other useful pieces. I was a very weak looking shell and rather than untilizing the raised baseplate in a way that would make a defensible keep, the castle was just a series of useless play platforms. Which my kids didn't even like so what was the point. Bull's Attack had all that tough looking seige equipment and not enough figs to man half that equipment. Once you broke down that set for parts it revealed itself as less than usefull. Outside of castle sets, I never buy anything at full retail, but I would have to say just about any of the sports themed sets are a very poor value at full retail.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Any Bionicle set. :lol:

For sets that have been released this year, check out the new Spiderman sets. Did they really have to put Doc Ock and Spiderman in every single set? :P
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Worst value?

Hm... Probably that big new KK2 castle thingy... Or Leo's Castle.

Not sure, really... I don't buy much outside of Star Wars, Castle, and HP. HP for pieces and the non-Hogwarts figures, SW for figures (although probably not much anymore...).

Some of those one-piece town sets from 2000-2001 look rather bad for value.

And are we forgetting Alpha Team Underwater? Ogel's fortress thingy?
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Two black axes and some useless parts that are not even real LEGO Technic but just premolded junk.

Bye
Jojo

Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

So thats where you get black Halberds. Darn, wish I got one.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Sir Terrance:

So thats where you get black Halberds. Darn, wish I got one.
Would it really be worth it? What would you do with that other junk? :)
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

I build technic and find a use for that other 'junk' and I own that set. Don't be so critical of sets that appeal to small children like I was, sort of!
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I build technic and find a use for that other 'junk' and I own that set. Don't be so critical of sets that appeal to small children like I was, sort of!
If you are building a castle, the rest of the pieces certainly are junk. I would say the same of boat pieces in a town boat set, or computers in a space set. It doesn't mean I'm being critical of other who enjoy those types of sets, it simply means you can't use them in a castle.

I apologize if I insulted you. It was completely unintentional.
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

The Mos Eisley Cantina. (yes i like Star Wars sets too)
$30 for under 200 peices. The cantina itself is tiny. The Landspeeder is a redesign. Only good thing was Greedo and the sandtrooper.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Hmmmm. I would have to say either Bionicle or Sports. Neither really have any pieces that can be used for anything but what they were meant for. This kind of cuts down on the creativity (although the Sports sets aren't that bad when it comes to having fun with the actual original model).
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Hmmmm. I would have to say either Bionicle or Sports. Neither really have any pieces that can be used for anything but what they were meant for. This kind of cuts down on the creativity (although the Sports sets aren't that bad when it comes to having fun with the actual original model).
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Ahem!!! Jack Stone. Or have people forgotten him (wish I could). Any 'classic' Jack Stone set is virtually worthless. Maybe three generally useful pieces per set. If you're looking for Castle-use pieces, probably less than one. Definitely worth less, way less, than the posted price.