Dreams sometimes come true

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Jedipawn
Artisan

Dreams sometimes come true

Post by Jedipawn »

I had a dream come true last sunday. First and formost however, I am back from my two month extursion into other things. Now, the story;
I still remember the day when I was 4 years old and I recived my first lego set. Set #6890, Cosmic Cruiser. I also remember the day when I got my first castle set, 677 Knight's Procession. I can remember looking at the little catalog that I got and staring at that yellow castle for hours. How I wanted that set, all those soldgers, and 4 knights! Visors, horses... I dreamed of that set for years. Even as I grew older and got 6080 and my collection grew, I wanted that set.

Untill Easter Sunday 2004

A friend of mine had asked me to sell his good old set 375. Almost broke my heart, but I didn't have the $150 he wanted for it. Well as most of you know the first step was to find out how compleat it was. So Easter as the family was looking for eggs, he brought his lego over and I sat in the middle of my living room, with lego all around me and fufilled a dream.

I dragged that project out for two hours... and the set was supprisingly complete. When we were done, my friend had decided that he didn't want to sell it. And now!!! set 375 sits proudly as the center piece, the holy grail of my collection!!!!!

I know that quite a few of you already have this set, and some of you dont even like it. But this was the ultimite dream come true for me! So now my question to you is this?
Take a stroll down memory lane with me. in the midst of our busy lives, building working and raising families, take a moment to remember the lego dreams that have already come true.
Then tell us what they are.
are there moments in your lego life that you will remember for a long time?
What were your lego dreams that have come true? or have yet to come true?

Thank you all for having this community and helping me remember!

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
TheCastle
Peasant

hi

Post by TheCastle »

i just re build myu 375 yellow castle after my cat destroyed it any way when i finnished it it brought back memorys from 3 years ago just like you stairing at the castle for hours in a book, in 2003 december i got it for christmas :)

its my favorite castle i have got because its the best castle set ever made!!!
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

A reissue of 375, in old light grey, would be a dream come true...
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

The reissue of Black Falcon's Fortress was my dream come true. I dropped it when I was 5 and never rebuilt it, but it was my favorite toy of all time.