Theed Palace Hallway Preview

Discussion of general LEGO topics
ACPin
Reeve

Theed Palace Hallway Preview

Post by ACPin »

This is where I get to do an MOC that crosses over Castle and Star Wars. I've wanted to do a larger MOC for the Theed Palace but haven't quite decided how large it would be or whether I'd be able to get the correct scale or look. So I built a small part on a 32x32 baseplate which is a prototype of what it's going to be and here's a preview of it.

forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Pretty cool looking. I like the floor.Is it hard to make the figs to stay standing?
Space rocks.
ACPin
Reeve

Post by ACPin »

forester3291 wrote:Pretty cool looking. I like the floor.Is it hard to make the figs to stay standing?
Thanks! The floor design simulates the marble floors inside the palace. Not that hard to stand them up, but a pain when accidentally hit the table it's on. Talk about the domino effect on the figs toppling over each other. :x
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Maybe you should have some non-glossy parts so the figs can stand
Space rocks.
TheCastle
Peasant

Post by TheCastle »

just under where the figs are standing use pegs so they can stand up but do the rest of the floor glossy that way it looks like a glossy floor all aroud and your figs can stand up easly. :)

TheCastle
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey,

If you're building for the camera, falling figs is not such a big deal--they only have to stay standing for the duration of the photoshoot. If building for a more permanent display, it's possible to discreetly mix a few jumper plates (1x2 plate with one stud) into the tile floor. Then your figs can be planted by one foot, and it still looks like the whole floor is tiles. You can even swap out 1x2 tiles for the unoccupied jumper plates. Another advantage of this is that a fig stuck by one foot to a jumper plate set among tiles has 360 degree rotation, like a pivoting basketball player, which is good for setting up dioramas that aren't all at 90 and 180 degree angles.

Bruce
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I know I'm sort of repeating what others have said, but I thought I would add that also if they're stuck down you have a much wider selection of poses to choose from - Sometimes a fig just won't balance. Here I tried something like this, you can't even tell, but I wouldn't have been able to get those poses without sticking the figs on studs.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Pretty cool looking. I like the floor.Is it hard to make the figs to stay standing?
Something that I have done is to use a bit of sticky tack underneath them. I works great. Also great for holding loose pieces together.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
ACPin
Reeve

Post by ACPin »

Thanks all for the advice!