11%
Yes! No! Maybe so!
26%

Total votes: 35

Brickboy
Steward

New Ninja's

Post by Brickboy »

Man I am on a roll! three posts today! Oh well this is just to fun. Ok. My question. Should Lego make new Ninja's?
Me need feedback!
Alan
good times
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

YES! Ninja is the absolute best serise Lego ever relised IMO. I loved the samurai, ninja, army builders, the whole shebang! Make more ninja lego, or at least a legend!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Yeah. Although I never got any I would love it if they came out with ninja. Ninjas are cool. I would buy tons. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Space rocks.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Yes indeedy. I would like to have seen them expand the orient expeditions sets to include ninja. The ninja line was very well designed; it's too bad they didn't continue it.

Bruce
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I think that LEGO should make Ninja and several other themes that were discontinued (Pirates, Western, etc).

Lego Castle is only for discussion of Castle sets. Other theme discussions belong in General Lego. I am moving this thread there.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Last edited by architect on Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

How about a very definite maybe.

I was very pleased with the first year of the Ninja line. All those Kurosawa films and I finally got something to work with on them! The second year...well, the minifig pack was great to have, the boat because it was unique, but the larger sets were just kind of bland and I didn't feel like they really offered anything better than was already there.

So, I kinda felt like it had run its course and I was ready for something different. I'm not opposed to new Ninja if they can offer something fresh, but I'd rather see Rome, or Byzantines, or Saracens, or Greeks, or Vikings, or any number of other civilizations instead.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

architect wrote:I think that LEGO should make Ninja and several other themes that were discontinued (Pirates, Western, etc).

Lego Castle is only for discussion of Castle sets. Other theme discussions belong in General Lego. I am moving this thread there.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Ninja is Castles.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Be careful of what you wish for, or you might get a new ninja line with Jack Stone figures. :shock:

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

I voted for "No" (Yes, that was me). Mainly because of the wording.

I loved the original ninja sets...I think I bought them all. But what I didn't like was the attempt at making new colors. White was okay, but I think the classic black and grey were the best (IMO). It's kinda like the new colorful knights in KKII.

If the choice had been "Yes, TLC should continue their ninja line" or something like that instead of "...should make new ninja sets" I would have voted for that.

So I liked the ninja line, but a simple technicallity issue changed my vote (call me picky).

--Caleb (The Laborer)
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Be careful of what you wish for, or you might get a new ninja line with Jack Stone figures.

Jack Stone?! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alan
good times
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Of course they should. I want Brown Ninjas and Samurais, I've seen the green Ninja but wanna see Green Samurais. Or... Purple or Violet Ninjas and Samurais.

But why stop at just Samurais and Ninjas? I want Ashigarus as well!
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Ninja is Castle. Sort of.
If we accept Ninja as "Castle" or if we don't: TLC certainly considers Ninja Castle. They gave them the traditional 60xx-numbers, they had not another Castle theme in the cataloghe while they had Ninjas.

So if they released another Ninja line it meant there wouldn't be a Castle line at the same time.

Bye
Jojo

JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Maybe they should release a new Ninja line alongside KK2 since KK2 is more like Power Rangers than Castle. :lol:

BTW, another reason for KK2 to be not really castle is the way they are numbered. They're 87## instead of 60##.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I voted yes, because I would like a wide variety of themes to choose from, and I imagine that they'd have some useful pieces.
BTW, another reason for KK2 to be not really castle is the way they are numbered. They're 87## instead of 60##.
It seems to me that if all castle sets started off with the number 60, they would have already run out of item numbers. That would only give them 100 numbers to work with (6000-6099), and there must be more than 100 castle themed sets by now.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

It would be great to have new Ninja sets! However, I don't think it will happen. The Oriental Adventurer's line is currently filling that niche.